NFL week 8: Week in Review... sponsored by Shoes

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

There's no way the Eagles are covering Finley though. Theres not an LB or S on that roster than can stick with him in man.

Starks x Finley would be the gameplan vs that Eagles defense.
I think Nnamdi could do it if they needed him to, it would open it up for Jordy to fry though. But who do you think would matchup the best in the NFC, yall D has been a shell of last year if you ask me so I think teams that can score a lot have a great chance against you

Originally Posted by dreClark

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Proshares

One of the reasons I can't have faith in Detroit.
If they play an NFC South team in the 1st round though they'll be fine.
Eagles are the only team that the Pack do not want to see.

How do you figure?  Pack beat them last year and currenly have no problems w. cohesion.  On top of it all, Eagles are still 3-4...who knows if they'll even make the playoffs? 
Your right they might not make the playoffs but that still doesn't change the fact that the Eagles remain the scariest team potentially.  A team that could thrive in cold December football.  That game last year was extremely close and as we saw with Philly on Sunday night, when they play lights out football, they are one of the scariest teams.  You run McCoy and Vick and keep Rodgers off the field as much as possible, I don't know if there is any other team that can do that in the NFC.  Saints are good too but that game will turn into a shootout while I think the Eagles could make the game into a slugfest which I think is the only way to beat the Pack potentially.

I agree w/ [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]AMP[/color].

Underachieving or not, the Eagles are the biggest threat to the Pack.

At this point, New Orleans is basically a poor man's Green Bay.

And we all know Vick can strive in Lambo's arctic temps during playoff time.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

There's no way the Eagles are covering Finley though. Theres not an LB or S on that roster than can stick with him in man.

I think Nnamdi could do it if they needed him to, it would open it up for Jordy to fry though. But who do you think would matchup the best in the NFC, yall D has been a shell of last year if you ask me so I think teams that can score a lot have a great chance against you

Eh.. As much as teams have been getting some big plays and a bunch of yards the Packs defense still is 7th in the league in pts against...  I'm not too worried about being outscored... The way to beat the Pack isnt to out shoot them its to shut the offense down.

Originally Posted by ExtRaOrDinaRy SwAg

Eh.. As much as teams have been getting some big plays and a bunch of yards the Packs defense still is 7th in the league in pts against...  I'm not too worried about being outscored... The way to beat the Pack isnt to out shoot them its to shut the offense down.

So who would you say matches up the best in the NFC? Shutting yall down isn't likely, but keeping you off the field is a better strategy. I think the Eagles have the personnel to do so running and passing, too many of the other NFC teams can only attack ONE way offensively

We might not even make the playoffs but NO HOMER at all, we match up the best from top to bottom  

Yea I mean taking out your offense would be tough... Tramon and Shields would be assigned Mac and Jax duty when in man im sure. Clay would probably do a lot of stalking on Vick to keep him from running... Woodson being the X factor as usual.

But if Sam or Tramon cant keep with Desean or Maclin then itll be a tough day for our Safeties. I've said it since he went out that Collins would prove to be a HUGE loss for us at some point in the season or playoffs... Eagles would definitely be the team that could expose the loss of Collins the most with McCoy running and catching underneath.

Vick would have to be nearly perfect too... Packers D thrives off turnovers and risk taking... If Capers finds a way to get a pass rush going this year like we had last year though good luck to anyone playing us... Thats easily the most glaring flaw in our game right now IMO.

Packers D will pick it up later in the year like they did last year. Even though we did lose Nick, Burnett has been playing awesome. We didnt have him last year, but he's becoming quite the ball hawk like Collins. Hopefully, hopefully... Mike Neal can finally get in there and stay in there and help out with the pass rush.

Either way, as everyone already knows, your gonna have to outplay Rodgers to win.

The Eagles do scare me the most though. Not because of their secondary, but because of their D-Line. If Babin, Cole, and Jenkins could be key to getting Rodgers to screw up. Not really worried about Nnamdi, and Asante. Reallly not worried about Rodgers-Cromartie. But if that line gets to Rodgers then those guys could be a problem.

If we do see the Eagles though, im happy it will be in Lambeau this time.

Originally Posted by damnitzdom

Originally Posted by do work son

Anytime you can play solid defense and run the ball effectively, you're in a good spot. Makes the game easier for alex smith. Interested in seeing what the niners do the rest of the way.

As far as my texans go, it's possible they go 11-5 but I think 10-6 is more likely. Hopefully we can get healthy for the home stretch of the season.
Running is essential from now until the playoffs with the winter coming.

One of the reasons I can't have faith in Detroit.

I know right, the weather is always bad in that dome they play in.

Edit-

Of the Lions last 8 games, 5 are in domes, one is in California, and unless there is horrible weather in Chicago a week from Sunday the only possible bad weather the Lions will face is week 17 in Green Bay when they likely will be facing Matt Flynn.

eagles' have the talent to be a threat and thus are scary.. but we need to get some consistency before we can even enter the convo with green bay (and who knows if we even have the time)

on offense this is how productive we have been so far yardage wise:

RoobCSN Reuben Frank
Eagles now lead the NFL with 449 yards per game. On pace for 7,184, which would be NFL record.

BUT then you have to factor in all the problems with turnovers, especially the turnovers in the redzone

we are finally playing all of the guys that many ppl who know this team wanted to see on our OLine (basically we all wanted herremans at RT instead of justice.. and mathis was our best option to start at LG in herremans place):
1) watkins needed time to learn the blocking schemes
2) jason peters got injured
3) these guys really didn't get a whole lot of snaps together to be able to gel

our defense obviously is a work in progress.. given how long it took them to realize we don't have the ideal personnel to run the wide-9 all the time.. and obviously our D coordinator is learning on the job.. nate allen was coming off of an injury.. and our LBs and Ss are very young and need experience (also doesn't help the position the coaches put them in).. and doesn't help that we had a couple injuries to our Dline (dixon is out for the year, who is our only BIG DT.. cole, tapp and parker all missed time at DE.. and graham is still out)

the san diego chargers are underacheiving frauds. year in year out they do this. if it's not losing games the dumbest ways in the regular season, it's losing playoff games at home.

Erratic isnt the word I would use to describe what Bryant did.
I dont know what the word is though since I have been guilty of similar antics in my life.
Bryant didnt get the ball until the 4th quarter and Cowboys fans complained. Austin didnt get the ball and they complained.
Romo while not guilty of overtargeting a guy consistantly ignores guys like Bryant and TO. Ignoring those type athletes hinders him cause he is content to pass to Witten.

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

the san diego chargers are underacheiving frauds. year in year out they do this. if it's not losing games the dumbest ways in the regular season, it's losing playoff games at home.

Edit-

Of the Lions last 8 games, 5 are in domes, one is in California, and unless there is horrible weather in Chicago a week from Sunday the only possible bad weather the Lions will face is week 17 in Green Bay when they likely will be facing Matt Flynn.
Because that's what he meant.

Rivers
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Im not worried about Dez though... Thing is, he does need the ball more, so he has a right to be upset. Its one thing if he messes up a play (Like the article mentioned)... Than he shouldn't be saying anything. But when your one of the best playmakers on the team, you need the ball more.
nerd.gif

How the hell is that strange what Dez did? Give me that type of player any day of the week. He WAS getting held all game and he SHOULD HAVE gotten the ball thrown to him alot more. Every week he doesn't get the ball thrown to him as much as he should. The dude is a !#@#%@$ beast. Atleast he loves the game.

I've never defended athletes that act like divas, but in Dez Bryant's case...he has every right to be upset. Especially after sunday nights game.
It is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE and INEXCUSABLE that he didn't even get a target till the 2nd half, let alone his first catch in the 4th quarter.

Im sure many of you know I'm far from a Cowboys fan, but damn...If I was, I would be heated. How in the world did it make any sense to draw Laurent Robinson more plays than Dez and Miles combined. I swear, Laurent must of gotten at least 2 screen plays drawn up for him in that 2nd half alone... 

30t6p3b.gif
It was frustrating to watch as a football fan. Romo was never even looking in Dez or Miles direction. He was down by 4 touchdowns and all he continued to do was throw conservative %%+ throws.

Now I'm not an analyst by any means, but IMO Romo looked like he cared more about his stats than trying to win that game. Seemed like he really didnt want to throw anymore interceptions that would find their way to the highlight reel. He should of taken shots down 4 touchdowns... he wasn't taking any risks. It was mind blowing.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Edit-

I'm saying
laugh.gif
thought I was pretty clear talking about the Lions crappy running game.

Dez gets caught with a veteran move one time in the endzone and all of a sudden he was held on all day
eyes.gif

those last catches was from the defense playing prevent but he still should have got targeted more at the very least

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Edit-

I'm saying
laugh.gif
thought I was pretty clear talking about the Lions crappy running game.

Damn if I read it wrong my bad but either way the Green Bay Packers' Super Bowl rings and undefeated season disagree with you.

In today's NFL you don't have to have a great rushing attack or even a mediocre one to win a Super Bowl.

Back
Top Bottom