NFL Wild Card Weekend In Review...

My squad, the Steelers.
30t6p3b.gif
eyes.gif

As usual, they were stubborn. Refusing to give our CBs any help after it clear Denvers WRs are very capable of playing and making plays. Denvers WRs burnt them every time and Tebow made the perfect pass every time. They do this every time they face unfamiliar opponent. When it's clear they're being outplayed and out coached they don't make adjustments. The Cover 0 is rarely used with the Steelers even in predominantly run downs, so I dont know why they played it the entire game.

Can they please change the rule that Division winners automatically get a home playoff game. I don't know if it would've changed the outcome of yesterday's game, but a 12-4 team playing on the road for the 2nd straight year against a .500 regular season team is backwards.

- Last game saved the weekend
- Refs were disgusting
- Megatron needs a new name ... he's unreal ... what fitz did in the playoff run was tops ... but this guy is like 1AA ... he's still improving though
30t6p3b.gif

- Lions still need a handful of pieces but they are going to be a force if they continue to draft well ...
- Atlanta
roll.gif
... ryan overrated ... i'm not even gonna gravedig the qb thread
- Mike Smith ... he didn't learn from the saints game did he ?
- Steelers adjustments
laugh.gif

- Big Ben is that dude on the football field and i can't stand him
- Eli just does what he does ...
- That interception in the bengals game was crazy ... point blank range ...
-Tebow ... all props to the kid ... no hate from me going fwd ... he's proof that all you need is a chance

next week is gonna be crazy ...

o.. and loving all these passing TDs getting thrown..

anything that can POSSIBLY help asante's trade value is a major plus in my books

Originally Posted by blackxme

Texans
-Feels good to get a playoff win
pimp.gif

-The Texans could very well lose against the Ravens, but they don't scare me.
-Their defense isn't what it used to be and their secondary can be shaky as hell. Although I admit that at home they are a far different team
than on the road.
-In order to win we have to run the ball, stop the run, and make some plays down field.
 - Yeah 
pimp.gif
 good win. Congrats. 
- Texans are the anti-clown of my childhood.  Barney soft.

- Playing at home is huge.  Yates has to stay focused.  

- Foster NEEDS to have a HUGE game.  He needs to take pressure off Yates if y'all want a chance.

CAN'T WAIT.  BART !!!!! how's your couch Barty ???? 
roll.gif

I can see going for the qb sneak. But not having your RB out there to at least think there might be a run. The linebackers could just stuff the middle. Mike Smith is a dummy.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

Great running game (i'd take Foster though)

RicePKG_640x360_2183551369.jpg

do doubt Rice is a beast but that Texans Oline + Foster's vision and cuts so I'd give the nod to Foster. If you want to bring it down to stats, check them, Foster led the league last year and no doubt aout it would have led the league again this year but missed about 4 games.
may be the Homer in me though, but Texans are taking it this week, Ravens are vulnerable as are the Texans. Team who has the bigger play will win (I.E. JJ Watt's pick 6 on Dalton) and to me the Texans D will make it 
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by S4L3

-I really don't want to be on this message board if Tebow makes it to the AFC Championship game.

Quotes Of The Week...
"Overtime should just be a timed period (10 min) and then sudden death"-Steelers fan after the game was over.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I don't understand how the Ravens have an easy road. Texans have a great defense, great running game, great receivers, great offensive line. Biggest flaw is their QB, Ravens flaw is their QB. Don't think this game is as easy as people think. You don't know what Ravens team is gonna show up this weekend. Broncos suck and Patriots have the worst defense so whoever wins the BAL/HOU game will be in the Super Bowl.

who said this?????

Quotes Of The Week...
"Overtime should just be a timed period (10 min) and then sudden death"-Steelers fan after the game was over.

Originally Posted by ColdCity

if tebow beats brady nt will self destruct im calling it now.......

If Tebow beats Brady in the playoffs the world will self destruct.

I said the OT comment, however the context was a discussion on the overtime rules in general. It had nothing to do with the game nor was in the game thread. Shoes ignores context though so it makes me 'look bad'.

[h1]Ike Taylor apologizes for performance[/h1]Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor owned up to his struggles in Sunday's 29-23 wild-card playoff loss at Denver after not speaking to reporters after the game.

Taylor allowed catches of 51 and 58 yards before giving up the 80-yard game-winner on the first play in overtime. On the final play, he got beat to the inside by Demaryius Thomas and then got stiff-armed by the Broncos wide receiver at midfield.

After congratulating Tim Tebow and the Broncos on Twitter, Taylor added: "I apologize for playing the worst game at the wrong time apologize to my teammates steelernation and family. Luv y'all to def."

Taylor was very emotional after the game, staring at the ground in front of a ripped-up locker.

He gave up several big plays and will likely be remembered for costing the Steelers the game. But Taylor has had a Pro Bowl-type season and shouldn't shoulder all of the blame.

The Steelers put him in a precarious position by putting him on an island against Thomas because they were more committed to stopping the run than the pass. Still, it's hard to forget Thomas shoving Taylor out of the way on his way to the winning score.

To put it bluntly...he played like #!*+.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

I don't understand how the Ravens have an easy road. Texans have a great defense, great running game, great receivers, great offensive line. Biggest flaw is their QB, Ravens flaw is their QB. Don't think this game is as easy as people think. You don't know what Ravens team is gonna show up this weekend. Broncos suck and Patriots have the worst defense so whoever wins the BAL/HOU game will be in the Super Bowl.
it's not necessarily disrespect to the Texans, but this is definitely the easiest chance we've ever had.. simply because the two banes of our franchises existence, Peyton Manning and the Steelers, are not in our way. coming off a bye we're gonna face a team that has never played playoff football before, and the Patriots defense is worse than it's ever been.. not saying it's an easy road because it never is, but we couldn't ask for a better situation. the general attitude in Baltimore is that if the team can't take advantage this year some changes need to be made.

no offnse to the Texans, but I got the sense that they were just happy to even be in the playoffs and get a win. we've been doing this four years running and our guys are out for blood knowing that the window is closing. plus we're at home and Houston starting a rookie QB, it's gonna be loud in there for the kid. Houston has a good defense sure, but we put up 29 on ya'll in the regular season and Flacco hardly looked like a "flaw" throwing for 300+ with Rice getting 100 on the ground.

honestly Yates doesn't have a chance in hell of going into M&T and getting a W. Balt wins by 2 scores and moves on to NE for a rematch of '09. Texans def have a bright future though.  

laugh.gif
i'm trying to tell em man, Ray and co. are on the hunt.. its about that black & purple right now. Cam Cameron knows he's getting canned if we don't get to the SB, i dare him to %%!% this up

- it boggles my mind that so many people are after ATL's OC...dude is either completely gutless or completely dumb
- tebow "pulled the trigger" and it worked out really nicely. pitt definitely underestimated his ability by loading up close to the line and letting ike work mano-a-mano. you'd think the first 4 quarters would have created a desire to adjust...guess not. gotta give credit to timmy for taking shots down field. matt ryan, hopefully you were paying attention.
- the saints game just looked too easy for brees and co
- houston and cincy...zzzzzzzzzzz. it was probably the booze from the bruins canucks game right before, but i was snoring by the start of the 2nd quarter.

looking ahead...
- i like the ravens, pats (obviously), niners, and giants...i think defense (except in NE i guess
laugh.gif
) wins out

Back
Top Bottom