Nicki Minaj

^ Its not just women, a lot of men in the industry are just as bad if not worse

Anyone remember Akon's response when someone asked how old he was?

God this broads voice and accent are annoying. I keep trying to give her chances but can't get over that. Its a shame too cause she CAN rap.

Originally Posted by Ballerific703

Originally Posted by bittersweet

I read this on Tumblr. If you get time, read it ... actually has a lot of good points. 

Nicki Minaj’s Talents & Looks

I’m going to be completely honest. I know this one here will ruffle so many feathers. I was one of the first people to know of Nicki Minaj, I promoted her and I saw something in her. This all died when she took the cutesy, nursery rhyme %%*% to a max level of 1 million and became a cheesy record label image - not even true to herself but imitating greats before her. Now, at first, I thought, ‘She can wear any color wig she wants’. It’s not set in stone that this is only for Lil’ Kim. Dennis Rodman, Ronald McDonald, Pink, Gwen Stefani, George Clinton, etc have all had colorful manes.

Then I started seeing too many similarities. I started to see her formula. Her gimmick. I know everything is basically a replica of something before. That’s understandable, but with her, it feels gutsty fake to me. Like I know Lil’ Kim loves fashion, she adores it. She’s taken risks. With Nicki Minaj, she’s not taking a risk because she’s following suit to what people LOVED about Kim and Foxy Brown without suffering the backlash that both women did. Foxy Brown has studied fashion and has been a fashionista since 15. Kim wore all flashy clothes and wigs before she was famous. Foxy was a child star and a coined a diva. Kim was 18, a teenager when she came out. Nicki Minaj has an industry age and even at this industry age, she’s twice as old as Kim and Foxy Brown when they started, so the hype of her ever being greater than those two is %$%*@+*@. Complete %$%*@+*@. 

Both Kim and Foxy Brown’s debut and sophmore albums were released before 23 years old. Nicki is such a big deal now because she has no one to compete with. Diamond from Crime Mobb (-_-) Keys (-_-) Trina (-_-). Foxy Brown and Lil’ Kim were of the golden era: When every other female rapper was insane and $@%%@!! bricks on wax. Every %%#%$$@ rap artist was incredibly talented - ghostwritters or not. The delivery isn’t debatable. Nicki has had most of her life to study, plan and methodize how to use herself in this business. So to break that down: spots number 1 and 2 are already taken. Wait, I just thought of Missy and Lauryn Hill and Jean Grae. Spots 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 are already taken.

Third, I thought she was attractive when I first saw her—in a relatable, pretty girl-next-door way. That’s what drew me to her. She’s not relatable now. She’s an almost 30-year old woman claiming she’s a %%#%$$@ Barbie doll, with most of her fanbase being preteen girls and boys and teenagers. At least when Kimberly claimed this Barbie brand she was a young 20-something year old. Nicki Minaj had obvious surgery - shots in her !*# and either she wears too much %%#%$$@ makeup or she had her nose altered. I know all about makeup contouring. I don’t always see that with her. I used to feel the same about Ciara - giving her the benefit of the doubt, before I compared photos of her in 2004 in her own fansite photo gallery to recent photos. I’m not knocking the plastic surgery. If you want to be a fake +@*%!, do it big. Just don’t act like the %%*% is all you when we all %%#%$$@ know that ain’t how it goes playa. I can’t believe she recently said she “hopes

Well from what I've seen in read in the past, birdman and company have a history of altering their artist's age(s) on their label. IMO she is defnately not 26,and I believe that her being 30-32 isn't a stretch.

Just my opinion though.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

LOL @ not understanding that women in the industry always say they are younger, and are usually forced to so they can appeal to younger audiences.

[Chris Rock] If a a woman says shes 26, and she looks 26....shes DAMN NEAR 40.
[/quote]
eyes.gif

Patiently waiting for someone to diss her and call her the real barbie doll cause she's made out of plastic

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

Well from what I've seen in read in the past, birdman and company have a history of altering their artist's age(s) on their label. IMO she is defnately not 26,and I believe that her being 30-32 isn't a stretch.

Just my opinion though.
Yup. 
I've heard plenty of NYers say that she is definitely 30+. 

Back
Top Bottom