Night owl/ Non-morning people check in (Help pleaseeee!)

Anyone else on here have this issue?  I've been like this my whole life but I really want to change my routine.  I'd like to get up earlier and be more productive.  But every time I try , I feel tired.
I'm not talking about oversleeping here.. I'm talking about sleeping patterns as a whole.  I could go to sleep at 6 am, wake up at 12 pm and feel fine.  But if I go to bed at 12 am and wake up at 6 am I'll feel tired.  Same amount of sleep.

Help! 
ohwell.gif

Anyone else on here have this issue?  I've been like this my whole life but I really want to change my routine.  I'd like to get up earlier and be more productive.  But every time I try , I feel tired.
I'm not talking about oversleeping here.. I'm talking about sleeping patterns as a whole.  I could go to sleep at 6 am, wake up at 12 pm and feel fine.  But if I go to bed at 12 am and wake up at 6 am I'll feel tired.  Same amount of sleep.

Help! 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

Help! 
ohwell.gif

this is my normal sleep period....i sleep in the morning.

your body adjusts to ur sleep pattern i believe. for normal human beings cortisol gets released with ur normal sleep cycle upon awakening....so for people like us its the opposite.

Originally Posted by Alchemiss

Help! 
ohwell.gif

this is my normal sleep period....i sleep in the morning.

your body adjusts to ur sleep pattern i believe. for normal human beings cortisol gets released with ur normal sleep cycle upon awakening....so for people like us its the opposite.

Haven't seen you in a while

I'm the same way, I've learned to adjust but it still feels "wierd".

Haven't seen you in a while

I'm the same way, I've learned to adjust but it still feels "wierd".

get the 40 oz red bull, or 2 if you must. stay up for 36 hours, then crash at night when everyone else does.
your body will get used to it, you just gotta get through that first night.

get the 40 oz red bull, or 2 if you must. stay up for 36 hours, then crash at night when everyone else does.
your body will get used to it, you just gotta get through that first night.

You need self discipline to drastically alter any routine in your life.

Wake up at 530 every morning. I don't care if you have nothing to do that day, if it's a sunday, or if you don't start work until 9am. The only way to change this is to wake up at 530 everyday and i mean EVERY day and get 7 hours of sleep a night.

First few weeks youll be a zombie

Rest of your life you'll be up at 530 everyday without an alarm clock. You're body will adapt. Soon, you'll be rolling into the office around 8am FRESH and ready to kill the day, having already completed 2 hours of _____ (working out, writing your first book, planning your future business org chart, etc).

Wake up at 530 every morning. I don't care if you have nothing to do that day, if it's a sunday, or if you don't start work until 9am. The only way to change this is to wake up at 530 everyday and i mean EVERY day and get 7 hours of sleep a night.

Rest of your life you'll be up at 530 everyday without an alarm clock. You're body will adapt. Soon, you'll be rolling into the office around 8am FRESH and ready to kill the day, having already completed 2 hours of _____ (working out, writing your first book, planning your future business org chart, etc).

Thanks Brett. Sounds like the best plan.

Surprisingly no, I don't snore. Unless I've had a crazy night out and drank a LOT.

I think I want to study sleep patterns. It's all really interesting to me. I think bartending really messed me up even more; not starting work til 3 PM, staying til 12. Then doing events after that. Now I'm trying to get into different work in an office environment... And also dating someone who works a "normal" schedule. It's really hard to get used to.

Thanks Brett. Sounds like the best plan.

Surprisingly no, I don't snore. Unless I've had a crazy night out and drank a LOT.

I think I want to study sleep patterns. It's all really interesting to me. I think bartending really messed me up even more; not starting work til 3 PM, staying til 12. Then doing events after that. Now I'm trying to get into different work in an office environment... And also dating someone who works a "normal" schedule. It's really hard to get used to.

I'm the same exact way. I don't really mind cause I prefer the night time but it would be nice sometimes to be able to wake up early without being dead tired.

I'm the same exact way. I don't really mind cause I prefer the night time but it would be nice sometimes to be able to wake up early without being dead tired.

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

yeah i could go to sleep at 5 and wake up at 12 or 1
laugh.gif

gotta work at 830 am tomorrow...
sick.gif
Sucks.  I have a shoot at 9 am.. but with trains on Sunday schedule, getting ready, etc I have to be up around 7.  
sick.gif
  Kind of sucks when you realize that it's time to grow up and you have to make sacrifices like missing a party, dinner, etc just to make sure you get up on time.  

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

yeah i could go to sleep at 5 and wake up at 12 or 1
laugh.gif

gotta work at 830 am tomorrow...
sick.gif
Sucks.  I have a shoot at 9 am.. but with trains on Sunday schedule, getting ready, etc I have to be up around 7.  
sick.gif
  Kind of sucks when you realize that it's time to grow up and you have to make sacrifices like missing a party, dinner, etc just to make sure you get up on time.  

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

This.

And for some reason, if I wake to an alarm clock, I feel really drowsy, but if I wake up at the same time with the same amount of sleep without the alarm, I feel great. Strange...

Originally Posted by brettTHEjett

This.

And for some reason, if I wake to an alarm clock, I feel really drowsy, but if I wake up at the same time with the same amount of sleep without the alarm, I feel great. Strange...

It's a problem for me schools out, my sleep cycle is starting later and later, there's just no reason for me to be up at the time, only when i have something I need to do, I'll wake up earlier, though I'm going to start running in the morning, but I know for a fact, I'll go right back to sleep after I get back home.

I think my body just got used to it or just how my day goes, it just happens this way, like even when I'm out the whole day i have a downtime late afternoon no matter what, then night time hits I'm wide awake.

Back
Top Bottom