NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (new trailer!)

spent many countless nights unable to sleep... undecided if I will go see the remake or not.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
frown.gif

eek.gif
Samuel Bayer, director of Nirvana's Smell's Like Teen Spirit video?

And to the dude who said the writer is a scrub: You should check out the prequel script he wrote for Seven. It was never produced, but that script was amazing.

Originally Posted by The Warehouse 13

Originally Posted by chris82790

it wont be the same without robert englund as freddy

I don't know if I can watch a Nightmare movie without him playing Freddie. Grew up on that series
I felt this way too.

Until I heard that...
Freddy is the dude who played this guy,
Rorschach_watchmen.jpg

So now I'm gonna give it a chance.

New-Freddy-Krueger-images-2010-horror-movies-7466864-355-470.jpg

Have they explained the clawed glove in any movie? I know he was a child molestor or w/e and that's why they killed him.

But that damn glove still doesn't make sense to me.

Was he like a gardener or something (to scrape up the mulch or something)...I wanna know.
laugh.gif

Backstory FTW, but how bout an original HORROR movie these days? Supernatural villans are cool but 80's slashers are done. come with something original.That goes for the creatures of Saw XVI and these paranormal hauntung or (enter town here). I'll pass on this just like I passed on the remake of Last Houseon The Left

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

I was all into the trailer....... then he talked and it wasn't the same withouy Englund
I was thinking the same thing. His voice is kinda
grin.gif
, I'drather hear Megatron as Freddy's voice than that. I'll still give it a chance though.

As much as I believe Robert Englund completely owns that character, I agree with not having Englund as Freddy for a remake. If this was anotherinstallment of the original franchise, no way should anyone but Robert Englund be considered. BUT, Englund's Fredddy is familiar, and gets more and morecampy with every installment; at this point he is more comical than scary. If you're going to start fresh, then start fresh with everything, includingFreddy. If they truly want to make Nightmare on Elm Street scary again, unfortunately re-casting Freddy and re-imagining the make-up has to be done. There isno point in casting a new Freddy and then turning around and using make up to have him look exactly like Englund's Freddy anyway...if they did that, theymight as well just keep Robert Englund in the role...

So, I agree with the direction they're going, we'll just have to see if they pull it off or not. For the record, the Friday the 13th remake washorrible, and if this is anything like that pile of basura, then I strongly support anyone who would like to hunt down Michael Bay and beat him repeatedly.

Originally Posted by chris82790

it wont be the same without robert englund as freddy
i agree

but its still looking good....better then the remake of friday the 13th

I saw the original NOES on TV when I was 6 and I haven't erased that memory from my head ever since. Creeps me out thinking about it. The trailer looksdecent, so I guess I'll give the remake a try. Hopefully this is nothing like the Friday the 13th remake.

Originally Posted by kvsm23vs24

I was all into the trailer....... then he talked and it wasn't the same withouy Englund

my thoughts exactly. Ill give it a shot though. This Freddy Kruger dude made me cry when I was a little kid
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom