Nike “Zoom Freak” 1’s - Giannis Antetokounmpo’s first signature model

What I gather these are PG 1 level comfort. As in none. Those shoes were hella stiff just to walk around in. I had to sell my pair

61D1F943-A0E5-4FA8-B626-7443F3C0A14B.jpeg
27AB3512-A2E4-4417-8B41-D783D00C6B89.jpeg
BBACAD12-85C9-4D6B-96FF-3DE547E214A7.jpeg
36118E43-944C-4C85-B100-B134786B0A3F.jpeg
Picked up these up today from the Galleria here in Houston. Love the colors in person. I went TTS 11.5 but probably should’ve went 1/2 size up. Cushion wise, coming from the Kobe AD Mid and the LeBron XVI, these aren’t even close when it comes to comfort on my feet. Love the color and the upper, but with my flat feet, it’s no way i can play in these comfortably. :smh:

As a Lebron XVI wearer that’s disappointing to read. Do you think putting a different insole would even help?

61D1F943-A0E5-4FA8-B626-7443F3C0A14B.jpeg
27AB3512-A2E4-4417-8B41-D783D00C6B89.jpeg
BBACAD12-85C9-4D6B-96FF-3DE547E214A7.jpeg
36118E43-944C-4C85-B100-B134786B0A3F.jpeg
Picked up these up today from the Galleria here in Houston. Love the colors in person. I went TTS 11.5 but probably should’ve went 1/2 size up. Cushion wise, coming from the Kobe AD Mid and the LeBron XVI, these aren’t even close when it comes to comfort on my feet. Love the color and the upper, but with my flat feet, it’s no way i can play in these comfortably. :smh:

now i understand for its low pricing. i'll stick to my XVI then : )

4A732F53-6E8B-49FE-A6B4-350025C17EE9.jpeg

As a Lebron XVI wearer that’s disappointing to read. Do you think putting a different insole would even help?

Not 100% sure, but it may help a little bit. The way these felt on my feet reminded me of these
EC3A4A64-1A6C-4434-B042-B07C188D54F7.jpeg

Like I said, The upper was perfect. Firm, but lightweight. The cushioning though:smh:. It felt like there was nothing between my feet and the ground. Same reason why I can’t hoop in the Kyrie, PG line . If the GF1 had Kobe AD Mid cushioning these would be the best hoop shoe for the price imo. Not sure if the price point played a factor in the cushioning set up, but these feel like a “take down model” on foot. I’m only 6’0 200lbs so it’s not like im a heavy guy. I just like a little bit more comfort when playing now days. It’s easier on my knees (I’m 34):lol:

Not 100% sure, but it may help a little bit. The way these felt on my feet reminded me of these

Like I said, The upper was perfect. Firm, but lightweight. The cushioning though:smh:. It felt like there was nothing between my feet and the ground. Same reason why I can’t hoop in the Kyrie, PG line . If the GF1 had Kobe AD Mid cushioning these would be the best hoop shoe for the price imo. Not sure if the price point played a factor in the cushioning set up, but these feel like a “take down model” on foot.

sad to hear that : ( the orange colorway is really nice but looks stiff

Like I said, The upper was perfect. Firm, but lightweight. The cushioning though:smh:. It felt like there was nothing between my feet and the ground. Same reason why I can’t hoop in the Kyrie, PG line . If the GF1 had Kobe AD Mid cushioning these would be the best hoop shoe for the price imo. Not sure if the price point played a factor in the cushioning set up, but these feel like a “take down model” on foot. I’m only 6’0 200lbs so it’s not like im a heavy guy. I just like a little bit more comfort when playing now days. It’s easier on my knees (I’m 34):lol:

This is basically how I feel. The PG 1 and Kyrie 2 were the stiffest shoes ever to me, my feet hurt after just walking half an hour in them. PG 2 are tolerable to me, I still wear mine. Sounds like I should avoid the Zoom Freaks. Why wear shoes with no cushion? How do people do it? I think yall on some Stockholm syndrome steeze. Hurting but saying "its not bad"

This is basically how I feel. The PG 1 and Kyrie 2 were the stiffest shoes ever to me, my feet hurt after just walking half an hour in them. PG 2 are tolerable to me, I still wear mine. Sounds like I should avoid the Zoom Freaks. Why wear shoes with no cushion? How do people do it? I think yall on some Stockholm syndrome steeze. Hurting but saying "its not bad"

I’m almost certain the pairs Giannis will wear, won’t have the same cushioning set up as the ones available for retail.

can they be sued for that?

I'm pretty sure there was a Kyrie PE that someone took apart that showed a different cushioning set-up than what was available for retail. Not sure if serious with the sued question, but I'm sure certain concessions are made with players' PE versions and retail versions to still make them hit a certain price point.

It’s not false advertising if they market the shoe with double stack heel zoom.

He’s 6’12, plays in 100 ish games in a season. You think his frame can handle playing in sub par cushioning for the duration of the season? All nba players have custom orthotics and it’s been proven certain PE’s have different cushioning set up than retail versions.

Last edited:
It’s not false advertising if they market the shoe with double stack heel zoom.

I’m he’s 6’12, plays in 100 ish games in a season. You think his frame can handle playing in sub par cushioning for the duration of the season? All nba players have custom orthotics and it’s been proven certain PE’s have different cushioning set up than retail versions.
His frame can handle it for sure.

He played the whole season with the Kobe Exodus, I don't think that shoe's setup is too different. I haven't tried the Freak 1s tho of course

Back
Top Bottom