Nike “Zoom Freak” 1’s - Giannis Antetokounmpo’s first signature model

Black live on FTL and FNL.

FTL with the size 12.5 too... if I had a coupon I’d grab.

Last edited:
I freakin love these shoes. Played 2 games outdoors for an hour and a half.

Have the all bros pair and the orange sticks out in bright daylight just as much as it would be in blacklit setting.

Im 6'0 and weigh 234. Pretty heavy set and mostly play in the post and near the rim.

Shoe has great impact protection on landing. Traction was good but i dont do much cuts or change of direction as a guard so it still varies on play style.

The shoe is fun and looks great imo. Def gonna see what else cw they drop in the future.

Just curious...do you land on your heels? The cushion in the forefoot felt pretty nonexistent to me. I hate that all these shoes have more cushioning in the heel than in the forefoot.

Picking up the black and whites after work. I’ll probably be set on these for awhile with those and the orange colorway

I might also, I was set on getting the KD 12 EYBL next week. But they are QS and 150$ plus tax. I can get these black/white for almost 83$ after tax with my coupons and boys discount.

Decisions............

Black/White definitely a do it all, go with anything colorway.. obviously. That would be a reason, if you were looking for a tone-down or matching look.
Oranges stick out like wild, super bright.

Conversion on UK site and Chinese site to USD had me thinking $150 and they only $140.

I remember this happened the PG2 maybe and they ended up raising it a few days later.

trying to replicate those cream colored ones posted a while ago, doesn't look like you can get that icy blue sole, just plain clear
download (1).png

Zoom-Freak-Decon-2.jpg

"While stacked the Zoom Air is roughly 18mm thick (very thick for heel Zoom) but they’re just basic rectangle shaped units. A really good foam would’ve almost have been a better setup than something like what you see below." nightwing

Did the blasphemous and put in a Lakers cw. I need to be real careful or I might end up with $1000+ spent on a budget basketball shoe.
9B5D6B95-971C-41E8-8062-E633E01B780F.png

Just curious...do you land on your heels? The cushion in the forefoot felt pretty nonexistent to me. I hate that all these shoes have more cushioning in the heel than in the forefoot.
I do land on my heel. Even though it has a stacked zoom unit in the heel, the phylon cushioning in this shoe is pretty good imo. And the fit is A1.

always the case with me and IDs, too many possibilities and options, I'd sit there and second guess every choice, I may as well sit them out and just stick to retail releases.

Zoom-Freak-Decon-2.jpg

"While stacked the Zoom Air is roughly 18mm thick (very thick for heel Zoom) but they’re just basic rectangle shaped units. A really good foam would’ve almost have been a better setup than something like what you see below." nightwing
These statements are tricking because the shoe design take that into account. Width, weight, etc, are all factors in selecting setup

This is a very basic Nike basketball from a materials used stand point. If im being honest MSRP for this shoe should be $80-$100 and no more. Just cause it's a sig we pay that extra $20. Cause if this didn't have Giannis name on it you'll see this shoe in like famous footwear or shoe palace. We're all justattracted to the sig cause of the player it's associated and with Nike "marketing" schemes.

Good thing I got this shoe for free and most likey will just do an id and that's it for me. My review will come soon.

Last edited:
This is a very basic Nike basketball from a materials used stand point. If im being honest MSRP for this shoe should be $80-$100 and no more. Just cause it's a si we pay that extra $20. Cause if this didn't have Giannis name on it you'll see this shoe in like famous footwear or shoe palace. We're a just attracted to the sign cause of the player it's associated with and Nike "marketing" schemes.

Good thing I got this shoe for free and most likey will just do an id and that's it for me. My review will come soon.

Everyone is different bro. I agree, I was only a KD 12 guy all summer which I gave a 10/10. Although these do not have the cushion, they perform at about a 8.5/10 for my feet. The FIT is almost amazing of this shoe, the court feel is crazy.

Cushion (forefoot) and tracking 8/10 make points go down. Everything else is legit. I hoop 3-4 times week too and tested so many kicks on court. But everyone's feet fit different in shoes.

Back
Top Bottom