NIKE 2010 PICS-AIR MAX UPTEMPO 97

I sincerely hope that Nike does these right. These are my most anticipated Nike retro releases of the year. Please make me proud!

Originally Posted by Buster Carmichael

Bo's shall be copped.

smokin.gif

I picked up the Uptempo 97's over the weekend so I'm guessing they should be popping up now.  The colorway on the box says white-black-college navy.  Retail $160, ouch.  Quality seems pretty good on my pair, no complaints here. I'm glad they stuck with the tumbled leather upper. I use to love these shoes back in the day and I've been waiting for Nike to bring these back.

a0c25e4e98afe900b2345ee366beda062d174ee.jpg

^(O_O) Oh my.
I forgot all about these getting the retro treatment.They look good!

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by PanaRicanRetro

NobleKane wrote:

i have to vent. the air trainer max 91 retro is of HORRIBLE quality. smh its a shame because its oneof my favorite shoes of all time. its made with the cheapest nubuck EVER. The ogs were butter but these aswell as the previous retro of these are pathetic.

That's a shame.  I was looking forward to these possibly being closer to the OG's than the first retros, but I guess not.  Oh well, I'll save my money.  I just don't think it would be that hard for them to get it right.

imma have to dissagre wit both of ya...i own both da last retro and its durabuck...which in my opinion was better then da airmax suede that was on da OGs.....

Tell me.. which one would you want to spend your money on if you had no idea which one was the OG and which one was the Retro?
21d35d3449cc6327c7afc405b1646cfdac73121.pjpg

--------------------------
b9525af4aa633cd7c50bbb79f7954dbe1db44d1.pjpg

e77357d2472668bfcbadc350bc1235f3ddd5696.jpg

vs.

40115a446fcdc4b60f8cce40d8a9b2f427f4e86.jpg

b18254c4de627ca2ce8bcd6f8728434c48a3aae.jpg

1bd15e496ecec9b264df880f673b1f848cd3a92.jpg

The 2010s look to be identical to the 2004 editions.

The 2004s was a semi soft synthetic suede. The type that has no nap at all. Its just there. Shape is off as well as the banana shape takes over. Color is what it is. its a whole new colorway.
laugh.gif
. The upper is a type of material that will crease and just stay there..

You can't crease the OGs. its like a soft felt material. You'd be a darn fool to take the 04 fake crap over the 91 originals. Maybe on a durability front if your running through the woods 5 hours out of every day. But from a quality and comfort stand point, its not even close. Do you work for Nike?

With that said, if you dont own or know or even care about the OGs, the 2004 retros DO stand out above other shoes as they have great comfort for a retro model. It's one of those odd situations where they are in fact acceptable retros if you forget about the past and view these by themselves.

2010s get my seal of approval, based on the fact that you'd look at these on their own. thats the only way you can go about 95% of these retros. forget what you know and start fresh
laugh.gif
. or you simply wont be buying anything nike for a long time

let me start by saying before i even looked at the avy, i knew this was a wally post. he is the official NT trainer og master (killa)
pimp.gif

wow! those ODs are soooooo sick. the materials looks AMAZING!! those originally dropped when i was in 6th grade and i was not able to cop the og grey suede, but my older sister did cop me the black/white c/w at the time (i remember they retailed for like $114.99 or something, which was alot at the time and i didn't think she'd cop em for me). greys were the 1st c/w and the blacks dropped next. i still have my '04 pair in VVVVVVDS condition, but wally just reminded me how amazing the ogs actually were. retros truly don't compare although they're still nice. may cop just to have but idk. anyway, sick comparison pics!!

*edit*

oh and damn those uptempos are looking real good. those and the black/red-silvr are copped. where'd u cop from???
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom