Nike 2K8, I thought these had full length zoom?

What's good NT, I thought the Nike 2K8 had full length zoom. Guess not. Long story short, bought 2K8s, completely trashed the soles, let the dissectionbegin! Mods, if this is the wrong place to post this, please move it. Thanks. On to the pics 'cause I'm not wearing my flame suit...

aylmog.jpg

wmfmt5.jpg

14w6o7l.jpg

30uuwz5.jpg

2py9qx3.jpg

Nice pics! I've always liked dissections, well done! To be honest the setup is like the one on the 2K4 with a small difference, the heel zoom looks likethe HDs.

no wonder why the dont feel as good as i thought they would........... i wonder what the 09s look like dissected.

they were advertised as having heel and forefoot zoom. the only surprise is that the forefoot zoom only cushions the knuckle of your big toe.

Originally Posted by mt3130

they were advertised as having heel and forefoot zoom. the only surprise is that the forefoot zoom only cushions the knuckle of your big toe.

laugh.gif

WOW Nike. Way to be cheap!

No wonder I've never felt much cushioning in the forefoot area. I liked the heel cushioning though of the Huarache 08. Has anyone dissected the MeloM5's already? Those feel like they have a large forefoot zoom unit.

Nike did this with the 09s too. Its not really forefoot zoom air if its only that small piece is implemented. Whatever though..

I wish we would know what's the setup in every single model they release. This is not right.

you can get a pretty good idea of what the setup is if you take out the insole and run your hand along the midsole. it might sound kinda weird but this testplays into my decision for basketball shoes.

Originally Posted by kaczalas

I wish we would know what's the setup in every single model they release. This is not right.

Serious. That tiny zoom bag was hella hard to remove as well. I'm gonna dissect my CDP XII once they are beat. I gotta feeling the zoom bag is gonna befull length, and super bouncy...

wow where do you wear your shoes at? from the first pic they look like they were brand new still (i assume they are pics when they were new?) if not then howdo you wear the soles down so badly to want to dissect them when the upper of the shoes looks great?

im thinking indoor ball? but even then soles should last longer in doors...at least for me they do....interesting, thanks for sharing btw!!! DAMN YOU NIKE!!!always jipping us one way or another...reminds me of the flywire (regular thread!! that apparently doesnt even cup all the away around the heel etc.; i think isaw pics showing how they are ripping us off on that too [not sure if its real though])

Originally Posted by TheAdiMac

thats so lame that there is basically no cushioning in the forefoot...

which is why the zoom bb1's got so much love, full length zoom.

you can get a pretty good idea of what the setup is if you take out the insole and run your hand along the midsole. it might sound kinda weird but this test plays into my decision for basketball shoes.

I do the exact same thing. You can feel/see by the bumps or shapes where the Zoom Air is located at. This can also be done with Air Sole units.

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

wow where do you wear your shoes at? from the first pic they look like they were brand new still (i assume they are pics when they were new?) if not then how do you wear the soles down so badly to want to dissect them when the upper of the shoes looks great?

im thinking indoor ball? but even then soles should last longer in doors...at least for me they do....interesting, thanks for sharing btw!!! DAMN YOU NIKE!!! always jipping us one way or another...reminds me of the flywire (regular thread!! that apparently doesnt even cup all the away around the heel etc.; i think i saw pics showing how they are ripping us off on that too [not sure if its real though])

You're right. It's basically a before / after pic.

Back
Top Bottom