Nike 30th Anniversary “Just Do It” Campaign.

Naturally i disagree with just about everything you have said here, i reject your idea that I don't support for "one of two reasons." Yes, i get disruption. And i also get self-centered acts under the guise of 'social justice,' that create a 'dialogue' which means ??? Only controversy. You can make all the excuses you want for Nike and the multi-millionaire who was nearing the end of his NFL career anyway. This was a divisive method that will not change people's minds, does not cause people to pause and consider the others' opinion. What i prefer is action that actually leads to results...results all should want... less police brutality, less discrimination, etc.
As long as people keep choosing sides, entrenched in their positions, and reacting on emotion instead of logic, there will be little progress.
It wasnt meant to change minds. It was meant to bring awareness. It accomplished that. If people then want to ignore what's in front of their face, that's on them.

dude expects people who are “guaranteed to be offended and alineited” by a commercial to be reached via cnn. He’s clearly got all the answers.
Dude - couldn't make them any less "reachable" than what he did. I'm about finding ways to unify. I wish people spent more energy on ideas for progress than they do trading insults in these posts.

Dude - couldn't make them any less "reachable" than what he did. I'm about finding ways to unify. I wish people spent more energy on ideas for progress than they do trading insults in these posts.
so what are your ideas for unity?

Kaep went from sitting to kneeling after soeaking to someone who disagreed with him.

Kaep did not want to disrespect military and took the suggestion of a military man and took a knee to honor while protesting

so yea whats your idea of displaying protest and unification at the same time? u want him to kneel and wear a maga hat?

Protests and activism exist to change systems which requires disruption. No doubt that are people that can be reached through civil discussions, you’re implying that those
Discussions aren’t already happening and they are. But change and disruption doesn’t just come with discussion. Guaranteed people told MLK not to march, not to practice civil disobedience, not to protest. Who was on the right side of history? You severely underestimate how much civil discourse has deteriorated. How are people who are against people protesting police brutality supposed to be “reached” via cnn?

Last edited:
Kaepernick kneeled to protest police brutality.
His opponents proceeded to take his action and say that he kneeled to disrespect the troops.

When somebody is willing to go as far as putting words in your mouth, despite having heard your explanation for what you're doing, you can't tell me that person wants a conversation.

They want Kap and all other people who see that justice is not equally dispensed in this country to shut up.

So stop it.

LMAO at dude being mad at the man who peacefully protests versus the killers and racists

Naturally i disagree with just about everything you have said here, i reject your idea that I don't support for "one of two reasons." Yes, i get disruption. And i also get self-centered acts under the guise of 'social justice,' that create a 'dialogue' which means ??? Only controversy. You can make all the excuses you want for Nike and the multi-millionaire who was nearing the end of his NFL career anyway. This was a divisive method that will not change people's minds, does not cause people to pause and consider the others' opinion. What i prefer is action that actually leads to results...results all should want... less police brutality, less discrimination, etc.
As long as people keep choosing sides, entrenched in their positions, and reacting on emotion instead of logic, there will be little progress.

As long as their are “two sides” to the police brutality issue it’ll always be divisive. But who cares? As long as it emboldens people who do care to take action, pressure their policy makers, to push for more activism its a success.

I think it’s disingenuous for you to say you’re all about unifying people and coming up with ideas for progress when you yourself remain stuck on how he chose to peacefully protest, even going as far as throwing a little shot at his NFL career. People who are authentic about unifying and making progress generally can look past that as they truly get the message behind it.

As long as their are “two sides” to the police brutality issue it’ll always be divisive. But who cares? As long as it emboldens people who do care to take action, pressure their policy makers, to push for more activism its a success.
The problem is that they’re “two sides” to begin with. Why the hell are people ok with police lead killings? Oh, we know why

“Being a sports store without Nike is kind of like being a milk store without milk or a gas station without gas"

He told KOAA News 5 this week that he canceled an autograph session at his store with former Denver Broncos player Brandon Marshall in 2016 to protest the athlete’s decision to take a knee during the national anthem.

“As much as I hate to admit this, perhaps there are more Brandon Marshall and Colin Kaepernick supporters out there than I realized,” he added.

:lol::rofl:

What a dummy. If you understood what they were actually protesting, you wouldn't have never been in this position.

Sucks for you.

he could take of them racism/bigot shades.
It's not always racism or bigotry. Sometimes it's just pure ignorance, especially when dealing with people that have never been around an inner city or have no clue how cops deal with those of color. I know, I know, "They should know! It's their fault for not educating themselves!" but honestly how much do we REALLY go out of our way to learn about others? We really don't. We know our world. For instance, you don't know the struggles a farmer in Nebraska is dealing with. Or a fisherman in lower Alabama? Are you racist for that? Na, just ignorant to the subject. There's areas of the country where people go months without seeing a person of color or a cop, much less a cop abuse a person of color. I guess what I'm saying is we should all be a little more hesitant to label someone as something.

It's not always racism or bigotry. Sometimes it's just pure ignorance, especially when dealing with people that have never been around an inner city or have no clue how cops deal with those of color. I know, I know, "They should know! It's their fault for not educating themselves!" but honestly how much do we REALLY go out of our way to learn about others? We really don't. We know our world. For instance, you don't know the struggles a farmer in Nebraska is dealing with. Or a fisherman in lower Alabama? Are you racist for that? Na, just ignorant to the subject. There's areas of the country where people go months without seeing a person of color or a cop, much less a cop abuse a person of color. I guess what I'm saying is we should all be a little more hesitant to label someone as something.
I'll slow down da labeling if da cops slow down the murders of unarmed innocent black men

Back
Top Bottom