Nike AF1 "I Believe" question

can anyone shed some light on these shoes? year released? are these a co.jp, JD? jus looking to get more info on these any info is MUCH appreciated.

these are the white ones with the clear soles correct? i see them on ebay but thats the only pics ive found

im no expert, im sure someone out there can shed some more info on these shoes, but i think they were a co.jp from the 01-03 era when air force 1s were still made with good leather. these on the other hand, im not sure on the material that was used. sorry OP
ohwell.gif

img55416635.jpg

2lm5e7m.jpg

Taken off some website:
Nike Air Force 1 I believe edition.
Color : 624040 116 White/White-Lacquer
Notes : Released in 2002 Japan/Korea World cup.
There's a pair on ebay right now.

Notes : Released in 2002 Japan/Korea World cup.
If I remember correctly,
it was released by Nike Japan and it was supposed to be.....,
I believe "the Japanese international team would qualify for the knockout round in Japan/Korea World Cup
since no hosting country's team has ever lost in the group league in the history of World Cup
and we were so anxious to become the first one ever (considering that Japan had never won a World cup game before).

The Bodhidharma with only 1 eye being painted (in this case, in red, but it is usually black tho) is
some kind of superstition widely used by the traditional Japanese people
(could be from China originally in the ancient days?) and correctly,
the other eye's white portion should be painted out when the wish turned into reality.

yup. IIRC "i believe" was the slogan going around during that world cup. i remember seeing a big "i believe" banner in tokyo station when i was in japan in 2002.

Originally Posted by geegroe

im no expert, im sure someone out there can shed some more info on these shoes, but i think they were a co.jp from the 01-03 era when air force 1s were still made with good leather. these on the other hand, im not sure on the material that was used. sorry OP
ohwell.gif

img55416635.jpg

the leather kinda has a shimmer to it in person

yes. you can see that pearlescence in the pic of mine. the leather is kind of stiff and creases easily.  b-grades hit the outlets. 
140y9zt.jpg

Back
Top Bottom