Nike Air 180 OG

Wow. Unlike D'jiorno... these delivered!

2024 180's and the weathermanes = sneakers of the años, guays

Hockey sticks withstanding, these are perfect;

8f4.gif

Finally some new material again! Looks like the box is silver?? And please, for the love of goawd, can someone please just SHOW THE UNDERSIDE ALREADY I'M SO CURIOUS 🤣🙏

I do have some thoughts though based on these images, but I'm a little afraid to share them after Tapergate 😂

They don't look too bad, better than any retro so far (but that wasn't much of a challenge :rofl: ) but still off.

Toe box looks bloated but that might be (let's hope so) because of paper stuffed inside.

But as already noticed on those early event pics, the front part of the midsole is way too thick. That simply isn't right. OGs had a rather slim overall silhouette combined with those huge bubbles. This new release looks a bit more bulky overall.

Look at this comparison - even on official old NDC pics you see a slim midsole (notice the height of the cuts relative to the midsole height)

comp1.JPG

running91-12_2.jpg

running91-06_2.jpg

Sping91180_180.jpg

Is also saw that backside, but I think that image is just warped. Everything looks way to 'high', can't en won't be right I'm sure of it. On other images, shown on the last episode on SNKRS the back looked way more spot on. I'm sure it's gonna be fine 👍👍 And for the rest, yeah well, it is what it is. Still way way better then everything they made since the OG 💥

So did they lie to us about scanning the shoe for accuracy…

That is a time honored bit Nike marketing eyewash. They been lying like that on numerous different models for decades.

Sometimes they stumble into a good result, like the 2020 AM90s, or the recent AT1s. But the "scan" or not, really plays no role

That is a time honored bit Nike marketing eyewash. They been lying like that on numerous different models for decades.

Sometimes they stumble into a good result, like the 2020 AM90s, or the recent AT1s. But the "scan" or not, really plays no role
I could understand if it was written all over the blogs… But the only time they mentioned scanning the shoe was in the SNKRS live event last year. They have mostly marketed the fact that it has the big bubble.

I wouldn’t put it past Nike to lie, but I feel like the shoe has a cult following mostly for the old heads that remember the shoe from back in the day

Back
Top Bottom