NIKE AIR 270 & Nike Air Force 270

Sorry, I usually steer clear of these conversations 'cause it blows up into arguments and stuff, but I'm not here to do that. I do want to clear the air, because I do understand both sides.

I think what peteweezy peteweezy is saying (in which I'm trying to execute correctly as tigo0240 tigo0240 mentioned) is that because there is a "limited" tag to it, it serves the wrong purpose to get the shoes to sell. For his stance, he's saying he personally does not collect them for his personal beliefs, which is 100% fine. What twists everything up was the latter half with the sexual orientation ASSOCIATION that implies that it's acceptable IF that person is gay/lesbian/etc. It's hard for many of us to get that because of the times that we're at, but it's fair for one to see it that way. There are people who will see it one way, and others who will see it the other.

Now to be the counter-argument, what the others are saying back (I think) is that one's sexual orientation SHOULD NOT dictate the choice of the colors of the shoes you'd like to buy and own. Again, also a fair opinion. The phrase "should not" unfortunately turns into a "will not"/"cannot" type of idea, and then that gets thrown back at him. There are people who also agree that it's a nice colorway (which I personally think it is as well) despite the limited tag to it. Again, all personal preference and opinions.

At the end of the day, we all have our preference of the shoes and our opinions, and some people like the shoes because of the execution, some because of the "limited" tag, and others just stay away from it because it's not part of their beliefs, or they just don't like the colorway at all. The most important thing is that we both understand the rationale behind the colorway: to represent the BETRUE campaign and LGBTQ community.

By the way, please correct me if I'm wrong in any way, but please do not insult me with "what the **** you talking about?" and so on. I'm just trying to lay it all out evenly for everyone here. =D

well it depends how comfortable u are with your sexual orientation. I'm straight but I would rock the hell out of the betrue 270's. If you're not comfortable wearing these and are afraid of what other ppl think of you, then you should pass. They're no different than any other multicolor nike release (aside from what it represents). The colorblocking works very well and the accents pop in this colorway/silhouette.
If you believe that cool I don't and I'm comfortable with my sexual orientation. People don't really go around repping the be true cause like that unless they're apart of it somehow for the most part. Im talking about what they represent not the actual color. People wear wild color stuff all the time.

The worst part is I understand both sides, but neither one is doing a very good job of making their point :lol:

I'm not feeling the Be Trues, lavender isn't for me. I have the AM0 from a couple years ago though.
As long as you got the gist of what I'm getting at I'm cool with that even if you feel it wasn't said the greatest.

Sorry, I usually steer clear of these conversations 'cause it blows up into arguments and stuff, but I'm not here to do that. I do want to clear the air, because I do understand both sides.

I think what peteweezy peteweezy is saying (in which I'm trying to execute correctly as tigo0240 tigo0240 mentioned) is that because there is a "limited" tag to it, it serves the wrong purpose to get the shoes to sell. For his stance, he's saying he personally does not collect them for his personal beliefs, which is 100% fine. What twists everything up was the latter half with the sexual orientation ASSOCIATION that implies that it's acceptable IF that person is gay/lesbian/etc. It's hard for many of us to get that because of the times that we're at, but it's fair for one to see it that way. There are people who will see it one way, and others who will see it the other.

Now to be the counter-argument, what the others are saying back (I think) is that one's sexual orientation SHOULD NOT dictate the choice of the colors of the shoes you'd like to buy and own. Again, also a fair opinion. The phrase "should not" unfortunately turns into a "will not"/"cannot" type of idea, and then that gets thrown back at him. There are people who also agree that it's a nice colorway (which I personally think it is as well) despite the limited tag to it. Again, all personal preference and opinions.

At the end of the day, we all have our preference of the shoes and our opinions, and some people like the shoes because of the execution, some because of the "limited" tag, and others just stay away from it because it's not part of their beliefs, or they just don't like the colorway at all. The most important thing is that we both understand the rationale behind the colorway: to represent the BETRUE campaign and LGBTQ community.

By the way, please correct me if I'm wrong in any way, but please do not insult me with "what the **** you talking about?" and so on. I'm just trying to lay it all out evenly for everyone here. =D
As far as the sneakers I was just saying I don't really see non gay people buying "be true" merchandise because you know what it represents. When folks do wear it it's normally a reasonable assumption that person is probably gay. I don't think that's a harsh thing to say. Ime everytime I've saw someone with that be true or something from another company representing that cause it's been someone gay and or a family member showing support to that family memeber.

I've also said this many times that yes I also think folks are going hot over this colorway because they are limited. That's just something I believe from personal experience with limited sneakers and if folks disagree it's cool too. I don't have a problem with anybody just my thoughts on the sneaks.

As far as the sneakers I was just saying I don't really see non gay people buying "be true" merchandise because you know what it represents. When folks do wear it it's normally a reasonable assumption that person is probably gay. I don't think that's a harsh thing to say. Ime everytime I've saw someone with that be true or something from another company representing that cause it's been someone gay and or a family member showing support to that family memeber.

I've also said this many times that yes I also think folks are going hot over this colorway because they are limited. That's just something I believe from personal experience with limited sneakers and if folks disagree it's cool too. I don't have a problem with anybody just my thoughts on the sneaks.

Gotcha. Totally fair!

Looking at those clean retro Air Skylon 2s about to release reminds me of when Nike didn't attach 'back-stories' or social stuff to sneakers in order to make a buck. They just came out with really cool looking sneakers, end of story.

20180601232846.jpg
20180601232845.jpg
20180601232842.jpg
20180601232844.jpg
20180601232847.jpg
20180601232843.jpg

I picked these up from eBay. Could anyone please help me and see if they look legit? Thanks!

I have the air max 270 light bone and compared your pics to my 270s and it looks fine. Enjoy your shoe!

Do they even make 270 fakes? Feel like it's not valuable enough to waste time faking, but I dunno lol

Back
Top Bottom