Nike Air DT Max 96 LE – Black – White – Varsity Maize | Holiday 2010 (again)

Taken from sneakernews

May 6 · Nike Air DT Max 96 LE – Black – White – Varsity Maize | Holiday 2010

nike-air-dt-max-96-retro-white-red-21.jpg

One sport wasn’t enough for Deion Sanders in his college and early pro career, so why settle on  a single colorway.  Far better to see the Nike Air DT Max 96 LE retroed in both of its OG styles.  We just saw these white and black joints with the golden yellow accents back in 2007, but it seems like Nike Sportswear is celebrating all of its trainers, and another release should be welcomed with open arms.  If you can’t wait till the Holiday 2010 drop, cop this sample in US mens size 9 today from jasonwhite9 on eBay.

Style: 316408-002
Color:
Black/Varsity Maize-White

Maybe it's just me but these look a little better than the last retros. Like the nubuck looks a little darker and like they used more of the gold accents on the swoosh and in the side paneling closer to the OG's. I think the first retros they just got lazy and used yellow. Have to see these in person, but I might cop. I just wish they did that black fade up on the red/white pair.

Is Deions face on the bottom? If not, these are a no go. But if the red pair has the gold accents, Deions face or not, I'm coppin. And these do look better than the retro from a few years ago.

still look like a comparable abomination of 2007 retros to me. OG's were soooooooooooo much better. give me solid gold already!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Nike go back and study the OG please.
That is all.

and let's not forget da black ones were durabuck..not that crappy suedeish material....thats why i ain't cop em in da first place.

pimp.gif
   Will Be Coppin... But Id Much Rather Have The OG's w/ 2 Tone Midsole, Gold Stiching & Metallic Specs.

(OG's Up Topp)

Originally Posted by blacklion23

Is Deions face on the bottom? If not, these are a no go. But if the red pair has the gold accents, Deions face or not, I'm coppin. And these do look better than the retro from a few years ago.

Nope, pic from the ebay auction

1z6w5rt.jpg

I remember seeing these at the outlet for like $30 and they still didn't move.

Copped. Not gonna miss out on these a third time. A classic indeed. I hope they retro a Cowboy colorway.

2ezn5vq.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[chappelle's purple juice voice] what the hell is... varsity maize? [/chappelle's purple juice voice]

gold is the only standard i know

It looks like a restock from 2007? Wrong then.. not a darn thing changed since then and now the continual push of this crap to consumers.

Same is going on with the trainer max 91 for august '10. I wouldn't these all of these with a 20 foot pole.

After seeing the pics of the red pair, no. They could have at least added the gold to these. These will fail again.

just noticed, the tongue tag used to have the football uprights, ala
dt96_blk_mze_wht_8.jpg

but now feature the same "NIKE" logo that will be on the Diamond Turf 1s
http://i.ebayimg.com/22/!Bs(KM4wCWk~%24(KGrHqUO****vPQ,!GnsBL3gnuV9N!~~0_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

So the shoe does in fact get some new details but not the ones that were needed.

Who can I call in for this type of neglect and abuse? This is an all time low. This shows clearly, changes can be done by Nike but they are only ever done for "legal" reasons. With a few other minor changes needed, they only went with the one that would cost them money... Nice
laugh.gif

I've been seeing these a lot lately.

They've grown on me, but I'm not sure I would wear them. I would get them for a good price.

Not that anyone cares... but I just saw the Black/Maize; White/Red and White/ Royal (The white is patent though on these
smh.gif
) Pairs in a local shoe stop for sale... and they had the OG Tongue logo... Holiday 2010 my +!%%... Why wait if you want them...

I regret buying the last retro version of these. They were so uncomfortable. I'll pass on these for sure....

I'll just have to be content with these....

Back
Top Bottom