"Nike air Flight Huarache" Still hoping, praying, and waiting for these to return. This year or n

Nike is deadset on making, or at least trying to make brown work
At this point, I truly legit give up trying to understand what the F the thinking is over there. Well, let me restate: OK, in today’s climate with sports wear, I do get Nike trying to make almost anything into a lifestyle casual shoe. I also have no problem with it. But what bugs me/us is, why do colorways like this exist at the apparent expense of ones like the Pip etc PEs? Why do they have to be mutually exclusive? That’s what’s beyond dopey.

At this point, I truly legit give up trying to understand what the F the thinking is over there. Well, let me restate: OK, in today’s climate with sports wear, I do get Nike trying to make almost anything into a lifestyle casual shoe. I also have no problem with it. But what bugs me/us is, why do colorways like this exist at the apparent expense of ones like the Pip etc PEs? Why do they have to be mutually exclusive? That’s what’s beyond dopey.
Honestly, the individuals working on the colorways for these probably aren’t even aware of the Pippen PE.

In their defense, a lot of people like seasonal colors. A lot of people think of brown, tan, earth tones as "fall colors" and buy products of that nature for the season. Personally, I don't. But I get why they would continue the rollout of a shoe aligned with seasonal colorways to meet people's desire of a fall shoe. There are gonna be thousands of people walking into stores and seeing shoes on a shelf without knowing the in-depth history of the flight huarache that might just want a brown shoe.

I like earth tones on certain shoes. But on these……..???? Lol. Just save everyone time and money and ship them straight to the outlets

Honestly, the individuals working on the colorways for these probably aren’t even aware of the Pippen PE.

If that's true, it's pretty pathetic just from a working practices standpoint. I can't imagine why a team working on any retro wouldn't make one of its first steps a review of the original shoe and colorways. How long could this possibly take to round up? Even if these people didn't work at Nike where I imagine they have access to lots of source material, they could simply spend part of a single afternoon using Google like plenty of people on NT do LOL

In their defense, a lot of people like seasonal colors. A lot of people think of brown, tan, earth tones as "fall colors" and buy products of that nature for the season. Personally, I don't. But I get why they would continue the rollout of a shoe aligned with seasonal colorways to meet people's desire of a fall shoe. There are gonna be thousands of people walking into stores and seeing shoes on a shelf without knowing the in-depth history of the flight huarache that might just want a brown shoe.

Totally true, which is why I said I just don't understand why the two need to be mutually exclusive. Releasing a few more classic OG or OG-style colorways doesn't stop Nike from also releasing things like these brown ones. Except Nike acts like it does.

If that's true, it's pretty pathetic just from a working practices standpoint. I can't imagine why a team working on any retro wouldn't make one of its first steps a review of the original shoe and colorways. How long could this possibly take to round up? Even if these people didn't work at Nike where I imagine they have access to lots of source material, they could simply spend part of a single afternoon using Google like plenty of people on NT do LOL

Totally true, which is why I said I just don't understand why the two need to be mutually exclusive. Releasing a few more classic OG or OG-style colorways doesn't stop Nike from also releasing things like these brown ones. Except Nike acts like it does.

We only have room in the lineup to do 4 colorways, and one of them HAS TO BE BROWN! :lol:

IMG_2013.jpeg

Will we ever get these? I feel like I’ve been waiting for these since high school. And that was over 50 years ago

I completely get that, but then just do a limited run of the Pippen PE for fans.

Will we ever get these? I feel like I’ve been waiting for these since high school. And that was over 50 years ago
Makes me wonder when you were in high school considering that those were retroed twice in the 2010’s, particularly, 2011 & 2015 although 2015’s had more blue-ish grey comparing to the one rainking has posted.

https://niketalk.com/threads/nike-a...lue-2-5-15-prm-medicine-balls-out-now.603168/

Anyway, since I didn’t copp 2015’s while my 2011’s are pretty much beat up (although still wearable), I certainty want this one to come back again also.

Makes me wonder when you were in high school considering that those were retroed twice in the 2010’s, particularly, 2011 & 2015 although 2015’s had more blue-ish grey comparing to the one rainking has posted.

https://niketalk.com/threads/nike-a...lue-2-5-15-prm-medicine-balls-out-now.603168/

Anyway, since I didn’t copp 2015’s while my 2011’s are pretty much beat up (although still wearable), I certainty want this one to come back again also.

No they didn’t. They came out once in the early 2000’s then there was that weird purple looking pair that doesn’t even count because it’s not the same shoe

We're due for some huarache lights, too. I scooped up the size? mowabb colorway earlier this year for the low. But I would love some ultramarines.

Edit: Just seen there's a brown barkley colorway that's similar to the upcoming huaraches. So it's probably just a seasonal "pack" among some retros that happen to be back this year

Last edited:
If they do the Trainers properly, then the grey parts should be a blue-grey nappy suede. These and the Grey/Yellow Trainer 91's used the same material. From what I remember, these have been retroed 3 times. Nike did one retro that just kind of looked like the shoe. Then they did another where they got the material right but not the color, and the last retro where they got the color right but not the material.

Screenshot_20230829-085633.png
Screenshot_20230829-085410.png

Yep. These are it! That last retro was horrible! Oh. I need that air trainer 91 grey yellow and the black and white.....the correct way

Yep. That's the pair with the right material, wrong color. Think that's the pair I still have.

Yep. These are it! That last retro was horrible! Oh. I need that air trainer 91 grey yellow and the black and white.....the correct way
That’s the 2011 retro. I had those. The craftsmanship on those was bad. The materials were cheap too. The 2015 retro is way better. I still have my 2015 retro. I had the 2011 retro, but sold them because it was no need to have two of the same shoes. The Trainers are one of the most comfortable shoes I have

If they do the Trainers properly, then the grey parts should be a blue-grey nappy suede. These and the Grey/Yellow Trainer 91's used the same material. From what I remember, these have been retroed 3 times. Nike did one retro that just kind of looked like the shoe. Then they did another where they got the material right but not the color, and the last retro where they got the color right but not the material.

Screenshot_20230829-085633.png
Screenshot_20230829-085410.png

Crazy how they actually look like were made for performance. I see these and I’m like I want to train in them and whenever they retro shoes like this it’s stiff as **** and you question if you’d even want to stand in them 😂.

Last edited:
those trainers going for a lot today

I sold all of mine and it’s the only shoe I’d buy today with straps outside of trainer 1s

Back
Top Bottom