Nike Air Foamposite One "Galaxy" 2/25/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!

I would have never thought id see the day foams were in such a high demand.

I bought Royals and the all blacks from VIM for 300 bucks total in late 2007.

I bought the coppers for 120 bucks when they came out.

It blows me away...

Its worse than it was in the Air force 1 , and Jordan tall era.

I don't know what everyone is talking about these not being rare. I own about every pair of foams (only missing like 3). There are not many pairs of these and once the pairs get beat up years down the line these will be rare. Look at black pros. The released what seem to be once a year in ny and look at them. Same with the red pros. Once $100. Now you can't find a ds pair less the 500. Just my 2 cent

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by BIP Roberts

Originally Posted by wtfchi

Yeah I'm considering now pulling the triggering on $825, but so much heat coming up I don't know if I should pay that much over retail...
No, you shouldn't.

These shoes aren't "classics." They'll be an afterthought in 2 years.
finally saw someone wearing them in person.
looked like he spilled something on his eggplants, I almost walked up to them wondering if he knew they were dirty. 
laugh.gif

hilarious...they are a cool concept but I couldn't rock them..

Originally Posted by Maximilian

...just like with the original 97 foams, they are worth more than the 07 and 11 releases.
Actually 07's and 11's are selling for more than the OG's because they're more durable whereas the OG's blue color rubs off badly with wear.
You can find a pair of DS OG's for $230 easier than a DS pair of 07's, (definitely not)HOH's, and 11's.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

...just like with the original 97 foams, they are worth more than the 07 and 11 releases.
Actually 07's and 11's are selling for more than the OG's because they're more durable whereas the OG's blue color rubs off badly with wear.
You can find a pair of DS OG's for $230 easier than a DS pair of 07's, (definitely not)HOH's, and 11's.

I mean unworn pairs of course. I have seen lately that used 97 foams go for cheaper money of course!

I mean unworn pairs of course. I have seen lately that used 97 foams go for cheaper money of course!
that's what i said....even DS pairs of OG's go for less than 07's, HOH's, and 11's.

Originally Posted by golfinguru11

Damn, never thought I'd see that name in a foamposite galaxy thread. But see this is where I think you confuse hyperstrike air forces with stuff like galaxy foamposites. Playstation air force ones pop up about as much as a particular jewel air force does. Same with most PEs.
Back to the topic at hand, basically anyone who thinks this shoe is a classic or will ever be a classic is sadly mistaken. I see the trend, and it is eerily similar to air forces in the mid-2000s. Every month a new shoe would drop and the hype on it would be crazy. All those air forces can now be found for around 100 bucks, and the same thing will happen with foamposites. 

Looking at all the people in this thread arguing that these will be classics/are worth $800+, id like to bring up another George Carlin quote. "Think about how dumb the average person is, and then realize that half of them are dumber than that"  
laugh.gif
Yo - if you keep quoting George Carlin, I won't be able to argue with you anymore.
laugh.gif

FTR, Playstation AF1s, Entourages, etc. ARE on a different level as these; you are 100% right. Things that are true hypers are much closer to the level of rare OG gems (think like Forest or Orange Canvas highs or something). One of the main differences - even if the quantity of each is similar - is that the hypers almost always seem to available through mainstream channels (though maybe not in the size you want).

But, as you note, these aren't even that. The aura around these is 90% contrived, mostly by an echo chamber of equally vapid people and platitudes. That is not to say that no true heads feel these, but just that they are in minority when it comes to this shoe's following. 

Originally Posted by NycPosite

I don't know what everyone is talking about these not being rare. I own about every pair of foams (only missing like 3). There are not many pairs of these and once the pairs get beat up years down the line these will be rare. Look at black pros. The released what seem to be once a year in ny and look at them. Same with the red pros. Once $100. Now you can't find a ds pair less the 500. Just my 2 cent
I'm familiar with and have a lot of respect for your collection. And, if you like these, I know it's not for the wrong reasons.

The only thing I will say in response to you is that there are like 17 pairs available on FC.com right now. Nothing about that screams "rare."

I understand what ya are saying comparing them to ps af1 (might have to bring them out this summer) jewel af1 and etc but those are things that never hit mainstream. To be 100% I really can't think of anything in the last few years that would be considered Rare. It seems like the only thing rare these days are Pe and friends and family.

glasses.gif
glasses.gif

yeah I just pulled the trigger on $740 shipped... I guess if I hate them I can still try to flip them or trade them.

Originally Posted by NycPosite

I understand what ya are saying comparing them to ps af1 (might have to bring them out this summer) jewel af1 and etc but those are things that never hit mainstream. To be 100% I really can't think of anything in the last few years that would be considered Rare. It seems like the only thing rare these days are Pe and friends and family.
Exactly.

Don't try to convince the sheep though.

That certainly doesn't mean there isn't heat out there. 98% of my collection is GR stuff. But, "rarity" is not the same as "limited-ness" and most don't understand the distinction.

Originally Posted by osyrhiz

Planning on headed to Europe in hopes of obtaining a pair!

Uh... what difference is that going to make? They sold out in minutes there as well.

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

Uh... what difference is that going to make? They sold out in minutes there as well.
The prices in the secondary market are quite lower that in the US. Of course there are some guys trying to sell for a thousand Euros, but after some weeks they get nervous that nobody is buying them and then the drop the prices until someone finally says yes! I got one pair for 500 Euros, which was around 625 USD at the time, probably the lowest so far for an after market sale!

Originally Posted by 23RAKIM45

Apparently you don't know what I know!!!

Back
Top Bottom