Nike Air Foamposite One "Galaxy" 2/25/12: NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!

Originally Posted by jballerNY

People are absolutely crazy. A pair of shoes, people! Nike needs to be held accountable as well.

No, consumers should be held accountable.

Originally Posted by Freeze

loll @ yall actually believing those bids are legit. smh. i got a bridge to sell u.

you laugh-- but there's a lot to be said about those who use the internet and all it has to offer yet don't know some real basic stuff.

got my pairs but dammit Foot Locker Times Sq was madd shady...i was the first one in, and all of a sudden they said no 8-10, 11, 13 before they even rang anyone up i took in a sigh of relief cuz they didn't mention my size...but those are the most crucial sizes how do those of all sizes within 48 pairs u don't have any of them? then i overheard the security guard talk to one of the idiots that messed up the line in the first place if the size he got "worked out" i wanted to snatch his pair right then and there, and after my whole crew left they started to have 9.5's all of a sudden, and some dude walked out with a 13 it was crazy i'm def hittin up corporate about that one...to then line up for the rest of the all-star pack...no way i was standin out there with a 4 figure shoe

good luck to all tryna get theirs

highlights-magazine_large.png

Can you spot the difference?

Picture-17-320x383.png

0805applelines.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You can replace the Concord with any foam or major shoe release. Why can't @!$*%#! "sneakerheads" be civilized?

Originally Posted by kIcKzNY96

got my pairs but dammit Foot Locker Times Sq was madd shady...i was the first one in, and all of a sudden they said no 8-10, 11, 13 before they even rang anyone up i took in a sigh of relief cuz they didn't mention my size...but those are the most crucial sizes how do those of all sizes within 48 pairs u don't have any of them? then i overheard the security guard talk to one of the idiots that messed up the line in the first place if the size he got "worked out" i wanted to snatch his pair right then and there, and after my whole crew left they started to have 9.5's all of a sudden, and some dude walked out with a 13 it was crazy i'm def hittin up corporate about that one...to then line up for the rest of the all-star pack...no way i was standin out there with a 4 figure shoe

good luck to all tryna get theirs
when did you line up initially if you were first in line?

I JUST GOT 100% INSIDE INFO THAT JIMMYJAZZ.COM ONLY HAD 12 PAIRS ONLINE FOR SALE 

WHEN THEY FIRST SAID THE 6:00 AM LAUNCH IT AINT SOUND RIGHT ALL THERE POSTS ON FACEBOOK ABOUT A 6:00 AM LAUNCH WHERE DELETED 

THIS WAS A SCAM ON THERE PART TO KEEP THE 12 PAIRS FOR THEM TO DO AS THEY PLEASE 

I WAS TOLD ALL PAIRS WHERE SOLD UNDER THE TABLE OR WENT TO PEOPLE HIGHER UP AT JIMMY JAZZ 

THEY POST UP THE 12 PAIRS "FOR SHOW" TO NIKE 

IF ANY PAIRS DID GET THROUGH AS A SALE IT WAS 2 PAIRS OR LESS TO PROVE TO NIKE ONLINE SALES WHERE MADE 

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Originally Posted by DublBagn

2) only sneakerheads are out there to buy these 3) why not release more and make more money?..... At this point if they released 250k pairs worldwide they would sell out and resale prices would still be high.... Seems to me that Nikes old business model made more sense, seed these shoes with almost zero prior knowledge to a few shops, personally deliver X amount of pairs to trendsetters, tastemakers, athletes and entertainers and let the sneaker heads and early adopters have "something different" that sets the trend for the general public.  I can guarantee this Galaxy release does not give any non sneaker head any type of incentive to go out and purchase a different pair of Foams or any Nike for that matter.

This release ain't about making money bro.  If that were the case, they'd be on NDC where there's no middle man and they can break off 100% of the profits instead of selling wholesale to a retailer at 55% of MSRP.  And surely you don't really believe that only sneakerheads are out to cop; I would venture that of the campers, the majority are amateur resellers, a fair amount of hypebeasts and a few devoted sneaker heads.  NSW in particular is driven by the hype machine; when is the last time you've ever seen ANY marketing for a Nike Retro? 

There's no going back to the quickstrike because it's just not possible anymore.  We live in the instant age, with blogs and social media and even ancient old Niketalk always getting the jump on unreleased product.  While it would be nice for more pairs to be floating out to make an easier cop, the demand isn't going down for the sneaks anytime soon.

Yep, this release wasn't about money now, it's about keeping that hype built up for consistent money later.  They don't want this "shoe game" to become what happened to the card collection scene in the 90s.

Originally Posted by lateralus1082

Picture-17-320x383.png

0805applelines.jpg

You can replace the Concord with any foam or major shoe release. Why can't @!$*%#! "sneakerheads" be civilized?[/quote]

eventually, there will be enough Apple products for people, sneakers are limited...a better comparison would be Black Friday...
still lame tho 
roll.gif

Originally Posted by earvcunanan

Originally Posted by manslayer

Just got back from HOH SouthCenter. Basically, it was madness.

Security and cops made us stand on the sidewalk across the parking lot from the HOH entrance, then made us run across when they honked a horn. Everyone kept going into the parking lot multiple times before the horn and kept getting pushed back to the sidewalk. When we finally ran, some dude actually fell and dropped a gun, and another dude who paid a couple people to run for him tried to sneak up to the front and got pulled out by the cops, got hit a couple times, then got thrown to the ground and maced. I watched it happen. It was ridiculous. I was about midway through the line and the cops kept yelling to back up, so I stepped out of the line to help the cops, tried to get back in and people were saying I was cutting. Had to go to the end, missed out on any shoe, then went to the champs on the north side of the mall to try to get the other shoes. They had maybe 60 people in line with over 150 shoes available, but they let people buy all 3 shoes. I was near the end of that line and missed out, but some dude outside told me $200 for a pair of Dave White 1's in size 12 and i quickly jumped on that.

Don't think I'll be trying a release like this ever again. It was insanity.

Holy ****. Never knew Seattle sneaker heads would stoop so low. Damn, good thing I didn't bother going there. Screw that.

How many pairs of Galaxys did that HoH end up gettting?

#%% happened to the shoe game? this is really getting out of control. these kicks are hideous and still the kids beast out and riot. it's unreal.

Picture-17-320x383.png

0805applelines.jpg

You can replace the Concord with any foam or major shoe release. Why can't @!$*%#! "sneakerheads" be civilized?[/quote]

The other major difference is quantity available.  If you want the new iPhone and you dont get it in the initial release, you know that you can still obtain one later down the road for retail.  With Nike's, they are limited, it is now or never for purchasing the shoes at retail.

Picture-17-320x383.png

0805applelines.jpg

Do I need to be the first one to point out the obvious answer to this question? I'm certainly not racist by the longest stretch, but stereotypes exist because they are true. Don't need to go any further.

Originally Posted by CameNyoGrill

Picture-17-320x383.png

0805applelines.jpg

You can replace the Concord with any foam or major shoe release. Why can't @!$*%#! "sneakerheads" be civilized?
Do I need to be the first one to point out the obvious answer to this question? I'm certainly not racist by the longest stretch, but stereotypes exist because they are true. Don't need to go any further.[/quote]
DING DING DING! Finally someone got it right. 
pimp.gif

Picture-17-320x383.png

0805applelines.jpg

Do I need to be the first one to point out the obvious answer to this question? I'm certainly not racist by the longest stretch, but stereotypes exist because they are true. Don't need to go any further.
pimp.gif

[/quote]
Really?  Ignorance comes in ALL colors.  You guys need to get outta here with that BS.

Picture-17-320x383.png

0805applelines.jpg

pimp.gif

[/quote]

Wow
30t6p3b.gif
and the nerve to say you're not racist.

lateralus1082 wrote

pimp.gif

Sad but true..and being a minority myself I am anything BUT racist

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

I JUST GOT 100% INSIDE INFO THAT JIMMYJAZZ.COM ONLY HAD 12 PAIRS ONLINE FOR SALE 

WHEN THEY FIRST SAID THE 6:00 AM LAUNCH IT AINT SOUND RIGHT ALL THERE POSTS ON FACEBOOK ABOUT A 6:00 AM LAUNCH WHERE DELETED 

THIS WAS A SCAM ON THERE PART TO KEEP THE 12 PAIRS FOR THEM TO DO AS THEY PLEASE 

I WAS TOLD ALL PAIRS WHERE SOLD UNDER THE TABLE OR WENT TO PEOPLE HIGHER UP AT JIMMY JAZZ 

THEY POST UP THE 12 PAIRS "FOR SHOW" TO NIKE 

IF ANY PAIRS DID GET THROUGH AS A SALE IT WAS 2 PAIRS OR LESS TO PROVE TO NIKE ONLINE SALES WHERE MADE 

Not shocked at all by this

Originally Posted by VinnyFitteds

pimp.gif
Sad but true..and being a minority myself I am anything BUT racist
Of all the releases I've been to, I've never witnessed someone of European or Asian descent act unruly. Just African-Americans. Is that politically correct enough for Niketalk?

Back
Top Bottom