Nike Air Hoop Structure Infrared Sample - First Look

From KATC:

Over the past couple of years, Nike has been experimenting with the hybrid footwear concept. What began with the "1Time Only"Pack, has become a large scale initiative that has produced Nike Hybrids in several footwear categories. For the first time, Nike is set to go acrosscategories and create a hybrid performance basketball sneaker from a performance running sneaker. The Nike Air Hoop Structure is the Nike Air Structure Triax91 optimized for performance Basketball with additional padding at the tongue, a higher cut, and a reworked outsole. A lot of the design characteristics fromthe Traix 91 remain intact.

The Infrared Nike Air Hoop Structure features the classic Triax 91 Infrared colorway with it's mix of Black, White, Blue and Infrared including the OGalternating color with Blue on one side of the sneaker and Infrared on the other. Part of the midsole/outsole retooling, the Infrared Nike Air Hoop Structurefeatures an clear outsole piece like the recently released Air Flight Lite High.

Word has it that the Infrared Nike Air Hoop Structure pictured in this post may be scrapped, but, there is a White/Navy/Red colorway planned for July and aBlack/Red colorway planned for September.

Pics: NTInfomaniac for KixandtheCity.com

339pz84.jpg

akv1p3.jpg

I think the design concept is on point very much like a early 90s bball shoe Nike would put out

I know there paying homage to the OG shoe but to me the colorway suits a running shoe better than the basketballshoe

A nice simple couple of colourways like black/royal or white/black/red and id cop a pair no doubt

I did notice in the text it says that this concept may never come out and might have been scrapped already so I guess well have to wait and see.

Well executed design just needs different more simple colourways.

Peace
Scottie

I often look at running shoes and say to myself, i wonder how they would look as ball shoes. Now i know kinda fly. Change the colors Nike.

i never liked the air structure runner. but these are fresh, man. i will cop a pair of these, not for ball, but just for stylin perposes in the summer.
pimp.gif

eek.gif

i came in here expecting a monster, but those aren't bad at all....def interested in how the black/red colorway looks.

As much as I detest hybrids, I'm kinda liking those...
embarassed.gif

and yeah, it sorta does have that 90's BBall shoe feel to it...

THESE ARE ACTUALLY KINDA FRESH. I HOPE THEY DONT SCRAP THIS COLORWAY. HOLLA...

CED B.

Id need to see in person, or see pics from different angles before I can make a decision.

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

i came in here expecting a monster, but those aren't bad at all....def interested in how the black/red colorway looks.
Same here. I was wondering what new crap Nike was releasing but these are cool. Nice job.

<>

Put me in the early adopted category because this shoe will grow on others. I expect people to dog this shoe because we a getting classicsbut of course theyare getting ripped due to one thing or another. As stated eaier, this shoe looks like an earlier hoop shoe and the triax twist gives it an ATC feel.

Originally Posted by yoRAJAH

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Same here. I was wondering what new crap Nike was releasing but these are cool. Nice job.

<>
Dont get your hopes up.
ohwell.gif
The OG colorway is the best outof the 3.

Originally Posted by s dubl

Id need to see in person, or see pics from different angles before I can make a decision.

on another note....at least Nike did something right. If they're going to release a hybrid type shoe, they released the real version first.

JB...take notes.

Back
Top Bottom