Nike Air Huarache Lifespan Question.....

Hey gang, serious question;

I’m well aware DS kicks age differently from UNDS pairs. Currently considering ordering a pair of OG model Huaraches from the 2014-2015 Love/Hate pack.

my only worry is that the moment I wear them they begin to crumble. I know the foam different in them lasts WAY longer than EVA on average. But if they’re deadstock I’m worried the same issue or similar might occur.

or am I mistaken, and NOW would be the end of the line time to order and rock such a pair? Please lmk. Thank you!

No takers? Short answer you're fine. Phylon never crumbles. My avatar is a pair of 1999s with no crumbling. Watch that heel strap tho, that's the first part to go and seems almost inevitable (but easy to reglue). 10, 15, 20 years out you just have to worry about glue drying out and getting sole separation.

Yep, I have OG Slate that’s still wearable and I’ve also got escape 2 in DS that looks fully fine to wear now.
But although these 2 along w/ triple black (that was only available in EU early in the 2010’s before Love/Hate came out) are all fine, I needed to re-glue more newer released Huarache Gripp’s outsole recently and it’s making me wonder whether this is happening because I’m beating up that Gripp at my work location on everyday basis or it means the overall quality went down considerably after certain point tho.

Back
Top Bottom