Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
any idea if this will be GR? or couple sizes per pair type of deal? these are looking real real real good to me..

There's no real definite answer until close to release. There's speculation that they'll be GR. keep in mind that Hornet 5 & Bred 11 lows will drop that month. These might be lost in the hype like black infrared 6's a few months back. These will be attainable for everyone if you put in the work.

Last edited:
Idk what happened to the Jordan 1s smh but 1s were all that I was buying at one point. When I got into shoes and started saving up my money, 1s were $100 and that was super clutch compared to $160 retros. the first 1s I bought myself were the Walnut 1s with the army theme that dropped Memorial Day weekend in 08. I still have those, they're in the trunk of my car in case I ever have to change a tire and it's raining out :lol: but man oh man have 1s changed since then.

I started browsing NT right around then and I learned The walnuts are mid tops and therefore I shouldn't like them "that much" bc they're not like how they were when they first originally came out (nt taught me :lol: ) but honestly I could care less at the time and still don't. I do vividly remember nobody caring about 1s at all tho. Kids at my highschool were into retros but 1s still never got love. I remember concord six rings being more coveted than the laser Hi premier 1s. Those had gum bottoms and a velour lining, fully high top, butter leather, and super detailed lasering and ppl still didn't mess with them.

Flash forward to the era where being a sneakerhead is a trend you got ppl asking for $1000 for royal 1s :smh:

I'm gonna try to cop with the best of my abilities and if I don't oh well, I'll still get the hares and de la soul sb lows so it'll be a good month. I'll already be feeling good from Georgetown 11 lows in April so if I do get these chicagos I'll be blessed. It's not as serious as a lot of ppl are making them out to be but just saying, this boat wasn't this crowded. IMO I feel like Ye Stans and beasts turned the hype meter up on these. Only reason why I'm sayin something is because for so long that spotlight only been on XI releases and I feel like this new trend to hype 1s is unwarranted. Where was y'all at when these weren't hyped up?

[emoji]128564[/emoji]

Last edited:
There's no real definite answer until close to release. There's speculation that they'll be GR. keep in mind that Hornet 5 & Bred 11 lows will drop that month. These might be lost in the hype like black infrared 6's a few months back. These will be attainable for everyone if you put in the work.
Its a shame that the Black Infrared are still going for those prices on eBay though, I've seen some Legend Blue 11 prices go to down substantially. 

Idk what happened to the Jordan 1s smh but 1s were all that I was buying at one point. When I got into shoes and started saving up my money, 1s were $100 and that was super clutch compared to $160 retros. the first 1s I bought myself were the Walnut 1s with the army theme that dropped Memorial Day weekend in 08. I still have those, they're in the trunk of my car in case I ever have to change a tire and it's raining out :lol: but man oh man have 1s changed since then.

I started browsing NT right around then and I learned The walnuts are mid tops and therefore I shouldn't like them "that much" bc they're not like how they were when they first originally came out (nt taught me :lol: ) but honestly I could care less at the time and still don't. I do vividly remember nobody caring about 1s at all tho. Kids at my highschool were into retros but 1s still never got love. I remember concord six rings being more coveted than the laser Hi premier 1s. Those had gum bottoms and a velour lining, fully high top, butter leather, and super detailed lasering and ppl still didn't mess with them.

Flash forward to the era where being a sneakerhead is a trend you got ppl asking for $1000 for royal 1s :smh:

I'm gonna try to cop with the best of my abilities and if I don't oh well, I'll still get the hares and de la soul sb lows so it'll be a good month. I'll already be feeling good from Georgetown 11 lows in April so if I do get these chicagos I'll be blessed. It's not as serious as a lot of ppl are making them out to be but just saying, this boat wasn't this crowded. IMO I feel like Ye Stans and beasts turned the hype meter up on these. Only reason why I'm sayin something is because for so long that spotlight only been on XI releases and I feel like this new trend to hype 1s is unwarranted. Where was y'all at when these weren't hyped up?

[emoji]128564[/emoji]
THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[emoji]128564[/emoji]

strap blk/red
strap 1's in general
the bulls/celtics pack
hare 1's were hated at first & you see them now
i still have both premiers the blk/gum lasers & the all red suede set
tribe called quest
olympic
both the army/military 1's
were all hated & treated like team jordans but now everyone loves 1's

Might be my first pair of 1s. I always thought they were overrated, wanted royals and one of the ajko pairs but never tried for em. I have wide feet should I go true or .5 up

they are nice but im not feeling them. maybe will change my opinion when i see the real pics, not those fakes floating around. 

Might be my first pair of 1s. I always thought they were overrated, wanted royals and one of the ajko pairs but never tried for em. I have wide feet should I go true or .5 up
They're overrated. I go TTS on 1s and I have wide feet as well.

I have always gone up 0.5 on 1's (wide foot too) but with the new softer leather they have been using TTS has been comfortable for me. Hope that helps

Back
Top Bottom