Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
I think this will be a 350/-500 shoe on release day depending on area, size, and seller reputation. These will do nothing but rise in value. Pre orders are now flying out at 300 and that's vedore people strike out!!!quote name="newogagain1" url="/t/607957/nike-air-jordan-1-chicago-may-30-2015-legit-check-in-1st-post/8610#post_23415764"]View media item 1551579Anybody think this is accurate?![/quote]l

try and apply logic to these being under 300 resell. the logic just isn't there.
Not yet. Its unlikely, but Nike could have held back a lot of pairs for online distribution. Calls will be today, after that I'll see where the dust settles. Haven't paid resell for a shoe since 2012, but I may have to here.

try and apply logic to these being under 300 resell. the logic just isn't there.

Not really, and we really don't know the distribution numbers. And There's going to be more people looking to resell than keep, that's why raffles are being stuffed. They see resell prices on royals and Breds and expect the same margins.

Basically $290 guaranteed is a good deal then?
Anything over retail is not a good deal. If you can afford $290 and willing to spend over $100 to sleep comfortably, then go for it. In the long run, you might win out and resell prices could hit $360-$450.

Just find a legit pre-order service if you decide to go for it. Make sure the pairs aren't unauthorized pairs from overseas. It'd be wise to ask the seller to send you a receipt from an authorized Nike retailer from the location of where the seller lives. Nowadays UA pairs come with fake FTL, Nike receipts but the addresses on them are all outta wack.

champs locations. hope y'all got your tickets.
Nice move to lighten the mood in here
laugh.gif

Got to my local HOH at 10am Tuesday morning... Tons of people were signing up still. I can only imagine how the line was Monday, when most people were off.

Dont understand why Nike and JB continues to make high sought after colorways like this limited... Why make them limited? Specially an iconic number and colorway like the Chicago 1s... But produce super GR amount for colorways like PB3, Nvy Blue 5s, BoB 10s....

I think the production run probably has to do with the Nike Air and them not wanting to dilute things.

but if these had a jumpman nobody would care, just like they didn't in 2013. Because there would be no hype or resell value.

This is all hype and resell value. All these blogs and sites are promoting this release, because there's nothing else of note. It's forcing people to care who ordinarily wouldn't.

Last edited:
Anything over retail is not a good deal. If you can afford $290 and willing to spend over $100 to sleep comfortably, then go for it. In the long run, you might win out and resell prices could hit $360-$450.

Just find a legit pre-order service if you decide to go for it. Make sure the pairs aren't unauthorized pairs from overseas. It'd be wise to ask the seller to send you a receipt from an authorized Nike retailer from the location of where the seller lives. Nowadays UA pairs come with fake FTL, Nike receipts but the addresses on them are all outta wack.

Thanks

I think my only option is going to be online.  In utah, there was only one store that's getting them in the state and apparently there's been tons of people coming in for raffles

all footactions and house of hoops call on wed ny?

you cant submit anymore raffles for house of hoops and footaction it was mon and tues?

last resort is a nike town?

They can call now through Saturday and no more entering raffles for footlocker/hoh

Black/red's were still hard to get in the US though

100% Agree

For many of us the royals were easy, because it was the first colorway.

Also agree. Everyone at my mall was there for the crimson and joker 3's.

Out here on the West Coast it wasnt as easy...especially here in Seattle....you are definitely right about all the hype around 1's now which is just crazy...glad to have my pair secured and arriving soon as I do not have to go through any head aches with this release....

I hear 1's are never easy for yall. When I got my extra pair of Melo 1's that I decided to give up I had so many west coast people tell me 1's are so hard to get over there.

Either way, I was in an urban area and waited 1.5hrs total for a pair of Royal 1's in a sz 8.5. That wouldn't happen today. AT ALL.

Corgi openly admits that he's only in it for the money.

This is a classic NT "humble" brag.

Cats don't realize that releases like this are how you build relationships to ensure future releases. Dudes just jump into threads asking for oops...that's now how it works. You always lose when you take the short money over the long money.

We'll all see it on Saturday. Dudes will post pics with 5 pairs and other dudes will jump on the d asking to be PM'd. Look for a way to help instead of hoping to be hooked up. It always comes back around.

I purchased a Flight 23 Footaction pair in Schumburg, Ill from some dude off ebay 2 weeks ago at a decent price as a back up just in case of the madness.  I guess i didnt need to do that.   Just won 2 pairs locally in raffles.

Last edited:
I have tomorrow off so I am stopping by NTLA and NSM with my dad. Then probably find food in that area. Getting raffles makes you hungry [emoji]128513[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom