Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Bruh,

If You Count On Hitting Off 3 Tickets, You Better Pack Your Pockets Full Of Shamrocks And Rabbits Feet.

People Went IN On Raffle Tickets For These, Myself Included :lol:

I'm not counting on hitting on any of them, I'm more curious about the demand in the Pittsburgh area on these. I never see anyone in 1s when I go there.

Some dude won one with only 6 raffles so it aint so far fetched

I Guess Anything Is Possible Really.

Let's Just Say The Probabilities Are LOW With The Amount Of Hype This Shoe Somehow Generated

At The End Of The Day, May GOD BLESS Us All!

Last edited:
does anyone know if footaction is done doing raffles in NYC? Anyone get called thanks
yeah raffles stopped yesterday, i was able to get 4 tickets from them..but I havent gotten called yet. Im just hoping that they start calling people tomorrow lol

I don't plan on getting any calls, but I pray. Size 9 is too popular. Did a lot of raffles for the LB 11s and got ZERO calls.

Off topic but can my nyc, bk in particular, tell me if the Nike store in nostrand a niketown or a factory? I wanna decide which one to goto first cause I'm gonna cop the am90s tomorrow
Go to Niketown and then swing by Brooklyn.....technically the Brooklyn store is a 'community store' which I think is Nike's euphemism for 'urban'. The only other 'community store' is in DC and from a friend who is in school down their its not a factory outlet. The Brooklyn store is a bit of a hike (flatbush on the 2/5 I believe) between midtown's Niketown and you know you will be able pickup the AM 90s and do the raffle there. 

So if you miss a call that's it? They don't leave a vm to still get your pair?
My local FTL's have always left messages. I missed the first call for Blk Infrared 6s and LB 4's but thank god they left a message pheww

In the 90s blue Jordans and past year Jordans were taboo mainstream. 1993-1994 is also when the swoosh Era started so anything that had Nike in letters was considered dated compared to the advanced styling of shoes Nike was dropping. When the retro showed up in 94 a lot of the initial arguments was gaudy Ness of Nike logos and lack of high tech features.

People around my way referred to them as clown shoes. My mom jumped on that $20 deal and the 94s were my 8th grade back to school sneaks. I used to get a lot of jokes thrown my way for wearing them but I didn't care. The 94s inspired me to get into researching and buying "old" jordans that year. My mom copped me Bred 1 a month later and I had acquired lightly worn charcoal 7s from the goodwill for a .10 a week before I got discounted Powder 9s for Xmas 94.(Reason for my username)
This is a true story and resonates with me so much. I too had the 94 retro as a kid and remember getting teased for rocking them, was told I had on clown shoes etc. Turns out they were dumb as hell and ignorant (jokes on them now) to the history of the shoe as I "got it" at a young age. Imagine a retro being "ahead" of its time in terms of popularity. Now EVERYBODY wants a pair when truth is most people didn't bat an eye at 1s until after they slept on 2013 royals
mean.gif
. This shoe was the very first retro and the second jordan sneaker I ever owned next to GS Grape 5s in '90 (first grade). For that reason I have a un deniable connection with Chicagos 1s. I don't think most of these young dudes understand. They just see hype. I need these for more reasons than one. Straight sentimental value for real. "Need" is an understatement for me. I feel entitled to these actually
laugh.gif
This is true.  I also remember kids getting teased for wearing "outdated sneakers".  I think it was because in the early 90s, we wanted the latest and greatest models from Nike, and the current model that Jordan was wearing at the time.  The media and commercials also played a role, seeing MJ rocking the latest Jordan's of that time in all of his commercials...

Nothing yet for me in Houston. Entered @ Northline Footlocker, Footaction . Also Gulfgate Footaction.

Good ish man! I hope everyone who wants them will eat! REPPED!
Yeah me too man, I hope everyone that truly wants these gets these. For anyone wondering, or anyone who kinda finds jordan 1's uncomfortable at first, these have 0 break in time, they are like pillows on your feet. 

Back
Top Bottom