Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
sunshineblotters sunshineblotters I've never seen that second picture with a lot of the other rumored colors represented. While some look PS'd, it's great to see. I know how many more I have to get haha. Plenty more OGs left to bring out.

I think the Metallics that came out in 2009/10 was the beginning of JB testing the waters of the AJ1 highs and they came out of the gate all wrong. I believe correctly done Metallics today would draw more attention.

The ones with red color description are samples I think. I have seen pics of the Lakers colorway (poorly preserved) before and the red swoosh Chicagos. Wouldnt surprise me if the few people who got the other samples didnt preserve them

Last edited:
The ones with red color description are samples I think. I have seen pics of the Lakers colorway (poorly preserved) before and the red swoosh Chicagos. Wouldnt surprise me if the few people who got the other samples didnt preserve them
Correct me if I'm wrong, but they release those Chicagos with the red swoosh in low-top form and gum bottom, right?

I'd cop these if JB used the Fragment's mold. If they didn't...

meh, I'd still cop, I love Chicago colorways 
happy.gif

I just don't understand what they mean by "remastered" on these. How can they "remaster" these? Like really. What more can you do to NA OG 1s to make them better. I think the leather and overall construction on the royals/bred etc from the recent releases was just fine and true to the original if not better. So I'm actually afraid and curious to know what they are gonna do these to so called "make them better". I don't know about yall but I can do without tumbled leather and such on my Chicagos. Hope they don't screw these up by calling themselves trying to "remaster" these. It's one of the most easiest shoes to produce and doesn't take rocket science. They can use the same leather as on the Breds for these and I'll be happy.

Last edited:
I wonder if it gonna be like the mold used on the fragments since many people love the shape on them. But I agree there isn't much to "remaster" on the Is except the leather imo

I thought the NA 1s were basically remastered. tbt Shadow and black toe leather is what I am expecting on the remasters. Doubt JB will go all out so don't get your hopes up.

As for the new ones if they remaster it then it should be better quality than the other remasters, just like how the NA 1s have better quality than current retroes

I thought the NA 1s were basically remastered. tbt Shadow and black toe leather is what I am expecting on the remasters. Doubt JB will go all out so don't get your hopes up.

As for the new ones if they remaster it then it should be better quality than the other remasters, just like how the NA 1s have better quality than current retroes
i think thats what they mean, it will be pretty much the same but since they're starting the "rematered" thing next year they just put that on there to justify the increase from 140 to 160

Remastered is just a gimmick y'all.

Remember when McDonalds "remastered" the Big Mac? Looked and tasted the same to me and still came messy in the box, much like Jordans do.

Remastered is just a gimmick y'all.

Remember when McDonalds "remastered" the Big Mac? Looked and tasted the same to me and still came messy in the box, much like Jordans do.
I'm waiting on it. won't call it a gimmick till i have a pair in hand

On a side note, because this thread is dedicated to the Chicago OG 1s, I had the Wht/Navy IVs and French Blue VIIs back when they released and they appear the same. Perhaps in hand they won't actually be. '99 Wht/Navy IVs had a truer OG shape. These new ones still have the banana boat toe. Just because they handled them in some white gloves doesn't mean things are of higher quality. Not buying it.

Back
Top Bottom