Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Well said.  I'm in the "wear lightly, clean, stock, big rotation" crew.  I think demographics plays a big part of it.  I don't get to wear my shoes as much as I would like simply based on my career. You can call me a weekend warrior :lol:   
Ditto fam :lol:

Friday thru sunday is nothing but Js and air max

Well said.  I'm in the "wear lightly, clean, stock, big rotation" crew.  I think demographics plays a big part of it.  I don't get to wear my shoes as much as I would like simply based on my career. You can call me a weekend warrior 
laugh.gif

Yeah I'm on the same boat, big rotation helps keeping the shoes clean =)

some wear, beat, buy another, repeat

some beat, have multiples, & pull another out

some wear lightly, clean, stock, big rotation

some wear, forcefield, baby their shoes

some just collect, and dont wear

Just respect all sides. Everyone has different mentalities.

Thank you. Well said.

@CharmCityKid These youngsters don't know the deal with the sneaker shields.

Here's just a few examples that might relate to that topic.

Would you wear a dress shirt without ironing it?
Would you wear a pair of slacks without ironing it?
Would you drive your car without washing it?
Would you stop going to the barber shop and start looking all ragged?

The shields keep that fresh and so clean look. Maybe some folks just don't get it....

@CharmCityKid These youngsters don't know the deal with the sneaker shields.

The shields keep that fresh and so clean look. Maybe some folks just don't get it....
Man back in the day people didn't use sneaker shield man (you know when people actually wore their shoes and only thought about keeping them clean instead of creaseless) creasing is what happens to a shoe man you can only hinder it but its going to happen anyway; these are basketball sneakers man, not Stacy Adams; they were meant to be played in, not to be a high fashion shoe. Schooling youngsters man you trip the great sneaker genius AirSakuragi out man!

Nah walking around with some plastic in your shoes doesn't sound comfortable b

If they are cut to your foot specifications, they are undetectable. What's more uncomfortable is wearing 1s with the factory insoles. I always wear different insoles rather than the factory issued paper thin insoles.

Man back in the day people didn't use sneaker shield man (you know when people actually wore their shoes and only thought about keeping them clean instead of creaseless) creasing is what happens to a shoe man you can only hinder it but its going to happen anyway; these are basketball sneakers man, not Stacy Adams; they were meant to be played in, not to be a high fashion shoe. Schooling youngsters man you trip the great sneaker genius AirSakuragi out man!

I agree. Growing up, there was no shields. Creases came with every shoe you wear. Only just recently (4 years ago) did I buy my first shield to see what the "hype" was. They have definitely changed my view on how certain shoes look.

I agree. Growing up, there was no shields. Creases came with every shoe you wear. Only just recently (4 years ago) did I buy my first shield to see what the "hype" was. They have definitely changed my view on how certain shoes look.
Thats cool man I respect you decision, if you like them wear them but personally I don't like all that extra stuff in my shoes besides insoles.  All I can say is you're doing you.

If they are cut to your foot specifications, they are undetectable. What's more uncomfortable is wearing 1s with the factory insoles. I always wear different insoles rather than the factory issued paper thin insoles.
I don't find them uncomfortable. If you wanna talk uncomfortable the air penny 1 retro from 2011 now those are bad :lol:

Last edited:
Nah walking around with some plastic in your shoes doesn't sound comfortable b

I agree. I tried the sneaker shields a few years ago and while they did help prevent excessive creasing, they were just too damn uncomfortable to wear consistently. Tried wearing them a whole day in my 2011 WC3 walking around the mall etc. and it was foot suicide for me. Even after I trimmed them :rolleyes. They hurt so bad I eventually just stopped wearing them all together and only use them as shoes trees now. Maybe if they were made out of a more softer, organic material they'd work but it's literally hard plastic against your toes. Not worth it. Never tried FFs though but heard those give out after a while. I found it better to just rock my shoes naturally like I always have. My rotation is big enough that I don't have to worry about creases that do occur (shrugs).

Last edited:
Tried using shields before on my shadows, threw them out after. Turns out it was uncomfortable. 

These parallels are awful :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom