Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
side note moved on of my pairs and fear 5's will be in later this weak 

love when u can reach back and get something you missed out on 

side note moved on of my pairs and fear 5's will be in later this weak 

love when u can reach back and get something you missed out on 
Nice man. I also need fear 5s in my life but can't spend that type of bread when I got other priorities in my life

Nice man. I also need fear 5s in my life but can't spend that type of bread when I got other priorities in my life
got em at a steal dude was selling his collection buying a audi 
nthat.gif

@trappedintime Yeah....i'm not sure you really thought this through. JB is a subsidiary of Nike so its profit is counted within Nike's earnings report. Nike has a 50% global share of the sneaker market (47% Nike; 3% converse) which means even when folks buy another brand of sneaker they probably also have a pair of Nike's as well. With that saturation Nike's in the biz of convincing Nike owners to pay more for the sneakers they'll buy anyway and to convince those who have bought Nike's to stay with Nike. Your machevellian posit has Nike trying to cultivate a reseller market that nets them nothing - repeat buyers, buyers who increase their buy, etc. Resellers add nothing to Nike's bottom line, that's profit they never see. They spend quite a bit on marketing already and arguably do a good job .... Down to getting free media from the playoffs through the finals as folks check for who's wearing what come game time. The only reason bots matter to Nike is because it's starting to eat into it's profit margin .... Through NDC/SNKRS. Bots on FTL, FTA, EB, et al doesn't matter cause Nike gets its share regardless the reason why those online CHIs sales happened.

Last edited:
Yeah....i'm not sure you really thought this through. JB is a subsidiary of Nike so its profit is counted within Nike's earnings report. Nike has a 50% global share of the sneaker market (47% Nike; 3% converse) which means even when folks buy another brand of sneaker they probably also have a pair of Nike's as well. With that saturation Nike's in the biz of convincing Nike owners to pay more for the sneakers they'll buy anyway and to convince those who have bought Nike's to stay with Nike. Your machevellian posit has Nike trying to cultivate a reseller market that nets them nothing - repeat buyers, buyers who increase their buy, etc. Resellers add nothing to Nike's bottom line, that's profit they never see. They spend quite a bit on marketing already and arguably do a good job .... Down to getting free media from the playoffs through the finals as folks check for who's wearing what come game time. The only reason bots matter to Nike is because it's starting to eat into it's profit margin .... Through NDC/SNKRS. Bots on FTL, FTA, EB, et al doesn't matter cause Nike gets its share regardless the reason why those online CHIs sales happened.

Agree with most everything you said, although Nike does have an interest in the resale market on it's shoes because it helps corroborate their annual price increase initiative when they see how people continually foam at the mouth to get their hands on shoes like this by paying ridiculous secondary market prices.

haha nice...im a 9 so thats no where close to what they asking. oh well
some dudes on there bugging....

but its no diffrent to whats going on for these 1's 

offers are working the fears tho dudes the been sitting on them for more tham year plus

View media item 1571710Got mine in yesterday from EB. Walking up to the door I see one side of the box smashed in[emoji]128563[/emoji]. I didn't wait a second to open on my doorstep and was lucky the shoe box had no damage at all. Couldn't breathe until I saw everything was all good. The leather is super nice and they are comfortable for 1.

Last edited:
I bought the original Chicago 1's in 1985 and my mother threw them out in the 1990's.  So these were a must have for me!  I was lucky enough to win 1 raffle and got another pair!  I just started buying Jordan's again when they released the Fire Red 3's.   My question is how hard were the Chicago 1's to get compared to the Bred 1's, Royal 1's, and Shadow 1's?

I bought the original Chicago 1's in 1985 and my mother threw them out in the 1990's.  So these were a must have for me!  I was lucky enough to win 1 raffle and got another pair!  I just started buying Jordan's again when they released the Fire Red 3's.   My question is how hard were the Chicago 1's to get compared to the Bred 1's, Royal 1's, and Shadow 1's?

In Terms Of Ease To Obtain

Black And Whites > Black Toes > Shadows > Breds > Chi's > Royals

Interesting....do you feel the Royals were more hard to obtain because of the amount that was produced or the hype behind the Chicago's or choice C) All of the above?

Plus no one really expected the low numbers in general. Being such a hot cw, they were gone fast. Every online joint was sold out immediately.

Back
Top Bottom