Nike Air Jordan 1 "Chicago" - May 30, 2015. (LEGIT CHECK IN 1st POST)

How many pairs will you be copping?

• "1" is all I need.

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 2. One to rock, One to stock.

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • 3+. I need to hoard for no valid reason.

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • 0. No OG Box? PASS.

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
So is there now a problem that dudes in here being HONEST about it now??
no, just a culture change on how enthusiast view blatant reselling. Like people waiting on line at stores wouldn't tell others that they are only there to sell the kicks (even if they were), but now most people on lines talk about it freely

no, just a culture change on how enthusiast view blatant reselling. Like people waiting on line at stores wouldn't tell others that they are only there to sell the kicks (even if they were), but now most people on lines talk about it freely
Oh yea I most definitely noticed that shift, it's been that way for years now tho.. The reselling group is larger than the wearing group in my eyes, and I don't see it changing soon.

its funny how years ago on this site and stores, people use to hide the fact that they were buying kicks with the sole purpose of reselling them lol

Ehh it's more so the fact that hating on reselling became the cool thing to do.

Copping pairs to flip to get yours for lesser or free has always been going on for as long as I could remember. It's just until now that the ridiculous prices for some of these shoes are coming in

When I was camping out, there was two guys that blatantly said they didn't care what size they got.  One guy was saying the wanted to buy the FSR if possible.

Good thing they were behind me b/c I was lowkey salty with those guys.  They were on their phones chatting openly with other guys from their crews posted at other spots.

mean.gif

Oh yea I most definitely noticed that shift, it's been that way for years now tho.. The reselling group is larger than the wearing group in my eyes, and I don't see it changing soon.
i was big into the shoegame from 2002-2007 and then took a break till the black grape 5s came out. During that break I was only in the Lounge section so I guess that's why the change is so noticeable for me. It's whatever though. just interesting

When I was camping out, there was two guys that blatantly said they didn't care what size they got.  One guy was saying the wanted to buy the FSR if possible.

Good thing they were behind me b/c I was lowkey salty with those guys.  They were on their phones chatting openly with other guys from their crews posted at other spots.

:smh:
same here at the campout I was, I look out for two of my homeboys and we formed a plan to put them after us as I was first in line. It was 5 of them, so my homeboys and two other dudes took the first 5 spots and they took the rest of them, 10 pair total. It sucks because there was some cats behind them that look like they were actually going to wear the shoes... Low key I was like :smh:

Last edited:
i was big into the shoegame from 2002-2007 and then took a break till the black grape 5s came out. During that break I was only in the Lounge section so I guess that's why the change is so noticeable for me. It's whatever though. just interesting
Trust I've been doing this since then also.. I've definitely noticed the change. I use to hate it, but have since adapted to what it is.

:smh:
Man u would hate nyc then :lol:

Trust I've been doing this since then also.. I've definitely noticed the change. I use to hate it, but have since adapted to what it is.
I've come to terms with it.  Resellers are a necessary evil.  It's just the nature of the game.

It took a while for me to adapt to the way things are.  If there is something I really want, I just unload some stuff to offset the price.

Last edited:
ill admit this release got me crazy waiting for mine in the mail

I've come to terms with it.  Resellers are a necessary evil.  It's just the nature of the game.

It took a while for me to adapt to the way things are.  If there is something I really want, I just unload some stuff to offset the price.
I normally pass if I miss, hasn't been much I can say I really want. I can honestly say only this shoe and buying a guaranteed ticket off a teen for $30 for green glow iv's, have I simply had to have something and bite the resale bullet since the early 2000s.

Back
Top Bottom