Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Black Toe" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

I have a question about a tongue swap for my 2016 blacktoes. Will a tongue from a size 11.5 cyber Monday Jordan 1 sneaker fit properly on a size 10.5 jordan 1 blacktoe (2016 version)??? Thanks in advance!

I think you would end up with about an extra inch or so compared to if you used the same size. I think you're on the right track with the Cyber Mondays though. I used the black tongue from a pair of Yin Yang 1s and swapped out the Nike Air tags with a pair of black/red lows. This is what happened:

View media item 2314245View media item 2314246

I think you would end up with about an extra inch or so compared to if you used the same size. I think you're on the right track with the Cyber Mondays though. I used the black tongue from a pair of Yin Yang 1s and swapped out the Nike Air tags with a pair of black/red lows. This is what happened:

View media item 2314245View media item 2314246
2 questions for you.
1. How much did the shoe repairer/shoe cobbler charge you?
2. Was it an easy tongue swap for the shoe repairer to do?

I can't seem to find a pair of Black Red Lows for a decent price, so I'm just going to paint the tongue tag from the Yin Yangs

I haven't worn my pair since the swap because that red tag started to annoy me.

i m still amazed that people dont rock their aj1 with leather laces , they blend so amazingly with the shoe leather , nikes factory laces make em look cheap 

2 questions for you.
1. How much did the shoe repairer/shoe cobbler charge you?
2. Was it an easy tongue swap for the shoe repairer to do?

Certainly.

1. The cost was about $25. I gave him extra because he did an awesome job.

2. When I went in to Archie's Shoe Repair on Watervliet Ave in Dayton, Ohio and explained what I wanted he understood right away and saw no issue on his end to do the swap.

This was nice because I had been to at least one other shoe repair locally for a 2013 tongue swap and I felt like the guy butchered it. You'll want someone with a steady hand that knows exactly what they're doing.

Certainly.

1. The cost was about $25. I gave him extra because he did an awesome job.

2. When I went in to Archie's Shoe Repair on Watervliet Ave in Dayton, Ohio and explained what I wanted he understood right away and saw no issue on his end to do the swap.

This was nice because I had been to at least one other shoe repair locally for a 2013 tongue swap and I felt like the guy butchered it. You'll want someone with a steady hand that knows exactly what they're doing.
Thanks bro for the info I appreciate it.

Pretty sure they were white laces, but discolored like the sole... It inspired me to try some sail laces in my 2016 Black toes, which I'm kinda digging. I think it would work way more with a discolored sole and black tongue though...
kinda cool but would be better on yellowed soles.. I might do that to my ´13 pair when it´s a little more beat. Gives it a vintage vibe. (how many more years till JB actually releases them like that like they did with Air Max and a few other models?)

I think they should at least do it with the Black Toes, with a black tongue, like the sample pair that was found a few years back. They just look so good with a black tongue and yellowed sole.

Ain't nobody got 30 years to wait for a shoe to yellow haha. Only way they're looking like that is if you leave them out in the sun. Regular wear is just gonna make them brown and dirty. Plus, the heel drag would be so bad by the time they're yellowed. They did yellowed soles on the VNTG retro dunk series, and AJKO Chicagos a few years ago and they're both pretty good.

yeah it looks good on a few shoes but most times they get it wrong. I can do "sail" soles and a little off white laces and lleather parts if it´s done right but not this:

Fake yellowing doesn't work. I'll start leaving mine in the sun near my plants [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom