Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Black Toe" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

These black toes look like the same pleather used on the 2013

Or am I wrong ?
Since I already have a pair I'm going to pass

I think from afar they may look that way but when you get up close you can definitely tell the materials are nicer. the downfall is most people immediately think they will be SBB/Bred texture and if they're not it's plastic.

I think from afar they may look that way but when you get up close you can definitely tell the materials are nicer. the downfall is most people immediately think they will be SBB/Bred texture and if they're not it's plastic.

...and a lot of people wanted this 2016 Black Toe leather on the Banned 1's. They did these right.

These black toes look like the same pleather used on the 2013

Or am I wrong ?
Since I already have a pair I'm going to pass
i don't have the '16s yet but was able to peep a pair during the seeding...and these aren't anything like my '13s leather. In the pantheon of the 'remastered' 1s I put it on part with my CHIs. 

all these retros from the past 3 year.....but no news of neutrals....
mad.gif

i don't have the '16s yet but was able to peep a pair during the seeding...and these aren't anything like my '13s leather. In the pantheon of the 'remastered' 1s I put it on part with my CHIs. 

I have a pair. Really nice thick full grain leather and all parts soft(but not too soft)when I press in on each color. :nthat:

Last edited:
Don't know why Nike continues to  have inconsistencies even with their remastered program. 1's are 1s so why use different materials for SBB to UNC to BT and etc....

Do appreciate the close up pics above @spoonmanofthehour

Even though they are great, I'm irritated that Nike decided to use tumbled leather on the 2016 banneds. 

The 2015 chicagos are the epitome of a remastered 1 done right. Most, if not all, 1s should be made like that. 

Let me make this very simple for people. They are on par with the UNC 1's. So, if you like that quality, cop. If you don't like that quality, don't cop.

There ya go.

Last edited:
Hilarious that people think SBB and Bred are the epitome of nice quality now. These look to be on pair with UNC and CM, which are both better than Bred or SBB. Sure the plush red portions of the Bred are pretty nice, but the black parts are pretty crap. Wish they all came out looking like this.

Hilarious that people think SBB and Bred are the epitome of nice quality now. These look to be on pair with UNC and CM, which are both better than Bred or SBB. Sure the plush red portions of the Bred are pretty nice, but the black parts are pretty crap. Wish they all came out looking like this.
SBB and Bred are not same quality.  SBB is better than Bred.  You really think UNC/CM is better than SBB?  
mean.gif

The point is certain shoes deserve certain type of leather. Tumbled is great on the SBB but why mess it up on banneds?

SBB and Bred are not same quality.  SBB is better than Bred.  You really think UNC/CM is better than SBB?  :smh:

The black leather on the 2016 Black Toe's is better than the black leather on the SBB's. Yes, they used nice leather on the orange and sail parts, but the black leather wasn't as good as it should've been.

SBB and Bred are not same quality.  SBB is better than Bred.  You really think UNC/CM is better than SBB?  :smh:

The sail and starfish on the OG SBB is next level for sure, but the black isn't anything to write home about. Definitely better than Bred. But yes, over all the UNC and CM have the best quality... it's all supple soft full grain leather... No stiff plasticy parts.

It's like people don't want to admit it because CM and UNC kinda sat, and most other pairs people had to pay resale on, but they truly are the best overall quality. CM is one of the most underrated shoes of all time IMO.

Back
Top Bottom