Nike Air Jordan 1 Retro "Black Toe" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

If you got selected do you have to confirm with the store that you were selected for? I didn't have access to my phone for several hours so I was not able to check after the countdown hit zero. I just opened the app now. The message I got is "Next time! You missed the cut to reserve your shoe at your selected store. Check out footlocker.com or go to Launch Locator for more great releases."

Did I screw myself because I was selected but didn't reserve the pair in a certain amount of time? What does it say if you won or lost? I was under the impression that after the countdown, if you won it's reserved for you at the selected store you don't have to do anything except go to the store, show them the app and pick up the shoes.

Yeah, that messaged sounds like you got selected but you didnt confirm to reserve. If you were not selected it would say something similar but straight to the point "Next Time. You were unable to reserve..."

Pardon if its already been addressed....

A little clarity on the "QS" terminology, because I'm sure a lot of us are wondering "why don't the BT's seem to be limited if the receipts show they're a Quickstrike?"

A couple of weeks ago, when the black toe's released in NYC, Chi, and LA for the 10.18.16 "Banned 30-year anniversary" event, many of us noticed that "QS" appeared on the receipts that came with the Black Toe 1s. 

Initially, we all thought because it would be a "quickstrike" it meant that quantities would be limited. But with so many people winning raffles, taking W's on the reserved apps, etc, it looks like there are plenty of pairs to be had.

Yes, in the past quickstrike releases were usually connected with the words "limited" or "limited to select retailers with QS accounts." To some degree, it still is. Which can perhaps explain why certain retailers such as Champs or Eastbay are not selling the BT's tomorrow.

However after talking to a few people, I've come to find out that an Air Jordan "QS" can now also specifically mean a pair that has a "short lead time." In other words, the official release date usually isn't announced until shortly before the actual release. The official release date for these BT 1s wasn't announced until around October 10th if I'm not mistaken, which was less than a month from 11/5.

Another recent example is the reverse shattered backboard 1s, whose official release date wasn't announced until around Sep. 29th (release date was October 8). To follow suit, "QS" is also on my receipt for the reverse shattered backboards just as it is with my BT 1 receipt. Same thing can't be said for the receipts on my '16 Banned 1s, Cement 4s, Metallic 5s, or Flu Game 12s, whose release dates were all published months before they dropped.

*Edit - deleted "from Nike" to avoid any confusion

Last edited:
I'm mad tired..but if I fall asleep I will win and not comfirm and lose the pair or if I stay awake I won't win at all lose lose

Then strike out on snkrs

Last edited:

A little clarity on the "QS" terminology from Nike, because I'm sure a lot of us are wondering "why don't the BT's seem to be limited if the receipts show they're a Quickstrike?"

A couple of weeks ago, when the black toe's released in NYC, Chi, and LA for the 10.18.16 "Banned 30-year anniversary" event, many of us noticed that "QS" appeared on the receipts that came with the Black Toe 1s. 

Initially, we all thought because it would be a "quickstrike" it meant that quantities would be limited. But with so many people winning raffles, taking W's on the reserved apps, etc, it looks like there are plenty of pairs to be had.

Yes, in the past quickstrike releases were usually connected with the words "limited" or "limited to select retailers with QS accounts." To some degree, it still is. Which can perhaps explain why certain retailers such as Champs or Eastbay are not selling the BT's tomorrow.

However after talking to a few people, I've come to find out that an Air Jordan "QS" can now also specifically mean a pair that has a "short lead time." In other words, the official release date usually isn't announced until shortly before the actual release. The official release date for these BT 1s wasn't announced until around October 10th if I'm not mistaken, which was less than a month from 11/5.

Another recent example is the reverse shattered backboard 1s, whose official release date wasn't announced until around Sep. 29th (release date was October 8). To follow suit, "QS" is also on my receipt for the reverse shattered backboards just as it is with my BT 1 receipt. Same thing can't be said for the receipts on my '16 Banned 1s, Cement 4s, Metallic 5s, or Flu Game 12s, whose release dates were all published months before they dropped.
That's Nike's official statement regarding the "QS" labeling? :nerd:

Last edited:
But Nike isn't considering these asquickstrike though .... haven't seen any boxes with the QS labeling -- just the footstores reciepts...

I thought most already understood that. Quickstrike = striking quickly haha. I do get most people associating it with limited availability though.

If you got selected do you have to confirm with the store that you were selected for? I didn't have access to my phone for several hours so I was not able to check after the countdown hit zero. I just opened the app now. The message I got is "Next time! You missed the cut to reserve your shoe at your selected store. Check out footlocker.com or go to Launch Locator for more great releases."

Did I screw myself because I was selected but didn't reserve the pair in a certain amount of time? What does it say if you won or lost? I was under the impression that after the countdown, if you won it's reserved for you at the selected store you don't have to do anything except go to the store, show them the app and pick up the shoes.
Honestly, I'm not so sure that you actuallygot the "W" and missed the cutoff time to confirm the reservation. If you received the "Next time! You missed the cut..." message, you most likely took the L and didn't get chosen. I took the L on the FTA app and got the same message even with my headstart and I was checking my app periodically immediately after the countdown went zero.

A little clarity on the "QS" terminology from Nike, because I'm sure a lot of us are wondering "why don't the BT's seem to be limited if the receipts show they're a Quickstrike?"

Isn't that what QS always meant? Hence the name, quickstrike. Doesn't always have to be "limited"

Last edited:
Yeah, that messaged sounds like you got selected but you didnt confirm to reserve. If you were not selected it would say something similar but straight to the point "Next Time. You were unable to reserve..."

Yes sounds like he won but didn't confirm

But Nike isn't considering these asquickstrike though .... haven't seen any boxes with the QS labeling -- just the footstores reciepts...
I know, but the "A little clarity on the "QS" terminology from Nike" sort of threw me off at first :lol:

After re-reading his post, I realized it was an analytical post covering what he had learned regarding the term "QS."

Last edited:
 That's Nike's official statement regarding the "QS" labeling?
nerd.gif
I haven't found any "official statement" on Nike's website however I spoke with a few folks in my network who have positions that are higher than the store manager level who are always in direct contact with senior managers at Nike.

These gotta be plentiful.  I hit on the FA app, was put on the waitlist on the FTL app, then got the FTL notification that I won.  

Another recent example is the reverse shattered backboard 1s, whose official release date wasn't announced until around Sep. 29th (release date was October
glasses.gif
. To follow suit, "QS" is also on my receipt for the reverse shattered backboards just as it is with my BT 1 receipt. Same thing can't be said for the receipts on my '16 Banned 1s, Cement 4s, Metallic 5s, or Flu Game 12s, whose release dates were all published months before they dropped.
Isn't that what QS always meant? Hence the name, quickstrike. Doesn't always have to be "limited"
Yes and no. "QS" has traditionally meant that shoes are limited however from my understanding, QS as it pertains to Jordans can now also mean that the "lead times" on the announcement of the release date is a "quickstrike" because RD was announced at a short time before the shoes released, meaning we didn't know the RD months ahead of time like general releases. Hope that makes sense.

I haven't found any "official statement" on Nike's website however I spoke with a few folks in my network who have positions that are higher than the store manager level who are always in direct contact with senior managers at Nike.
I gotcha :wink:

My cognitive thinking is a little slow due to taking my daily meds for my back :lol:

Another reason why pairs ain't selling for $230-$300 right now is mostly because now a days people are willing to wait to see if they hit on raffles , apps , and release days ...gone are the days where a lot of people are forking over insane resell to rock 2 months in a advance , some still do but majority rather wait to see if they hit retail before buying resale . If these are limited which I doubt you gonna see people pay between $240-$275 for these which is close to that $100 over retail which once again still is a lil profit for resellers

Back
Top Bottom