NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

I still have the shirt and sweatshirt that dropped as part of the launch of the Jordan Brand in the Fall of 97.

Attachments

• 61261A24-63CB-4257-B1CE-3D6141AC5359.jpeg
    61261A24-63CB-4257-B1CE-3D6141AC5359.jpeg
    284.4 KB · Views: 64
  • B50F55A9-8E4E-4275-99AB-787DABAF41B7.jpeg
    B50F55A9-8E4E-4275-99AB-787DABAF41B7.jpeg
    276.6 KB · Views: 63
  • 751B0BDF-AB51-414C-A031-710D72361C83.jpeg
    751B0BDF-AB51-414C-A031-710D72361C83.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 4C9F6A6D-DCC5-4974-81F1-E24E503500FF.jpeg
    4C9F6A6D-DCC5-4974-81F1-E24E503500FF.jpeg
    195.3 KB · Views: 77
I know this will be an unpopular statement, but the Pro really was the first fusion. It had XI and XII features. It really was the "test" shoe to give an idea to Nike if this was really legit or not. The separation from Nike I mean. I ran to the mall for em.

Ahhh, I don't think I can call that a Fusion. Though I agree with your point. Think more like how the Tailwind was to the flagship Air Max in the 96-2k era. I remember friends thinking the Pros were actually a 12 :lol:. I also remember people in my area losing their minds over the white/black/gold pair when they dropped.

Ahhh, I don't think I can call that a Fusion. Though I agree with your point. Think more like how the Tailwind was to the flagship Air Max in the 96-2k era. I remember friends thinking the Pros were actually a 12 :lol:. I also remember people in my area losing their minds over the white/black/gold pair when they dropped.
The only reason I use the term "fusion" is because it had elements of 2 sig Js in a non sig jordan.

I think we should we should take into account that this was the first non Air Jordan sneaker ever, so it would be tough to have 100% original design elements IMO. Other "team jordans" from that era took elements from the current Air Jordan as well.

I think we should we should take into account that this was the first non Air Jordan sneaker ever, so it would be tough to have 100% original design elements IMO. Other "team jordans" from that era took elements from the current Air Jordan as well.
Very true. But I have this question. Would the pro be THE first non sig or the KO?

In my opinion, the KO is a just a variant of the AJ1. That's how I always viewed them. Similar to a "+" version.
I can see that. The Pro is a classic to me though. I remember Randy Brown wearing them in the playoffs in 97 and thinking Wow. But MJs pairs always won that battle. Still had to have them both though. I got those black red pros on RD. Those felt great to.
Actually more comfortable than the 12 itself.

The only reason I use the term "fusion" is because it had elements of 2 sig Js in a non sig jordan.

Yeah, but so did the Tailwinds and nobody considers those a Fusion. They're just a takedown model. Fusions had the exact same design cues on a different sole.

I can see that. The Pro is a classic to me though. I remember Randy Brown wearing them in the playoffs in 97 and thinking Wow. But MJs pairs always won that battle. Still had to have them both though. I got those black red pros on RD. Those felt great to.
Actually more comfortable than the 12 itself.
I never got or wanted them. I was young at the time and hadn't been into sneakers for a full year, but I still knew the difference between these and the XII. I remember one kid at the rec. center had the blk/wht/gold pair, and a few of us kids we arguing that they were Jordans, but weren't THE JORDANS :lol:. And then, right on que, a guy walked in with the playoff XIIs and we were pointing like "THOSE ARE THE REAL JORDANS" :pimp:

I never got or wanted them. I was young at the time and hadn't been into sneakers for a full year, but I still knew the difference between these and the XII. I remember one kid at the rec. center had the blk/wht/gold pair, and a few of us kids we arguing that they were Jordans, but weren't THE JORDANS :lol:. And then, right on que, a guy walked in with the playoff XIIs and we were pointing like "THOSE ARE THE REAL JORDANS" :pimp:
:lol: I remember having those same kind of conversations as well.

I so wish I had that stuff. Never saw any of it at the stores when I was in college back then.

They didn’t release much at that time. I bought a hat and the sweatpants to match the sweatshirt, but I don’t have those anymore. I can still remember when they launched jumpman23.com to promote the release of Jordan Brand.

They didn’t release much at that time. I bought a hat and the sweatpants to match the sweatshirt, but I don’t have those anymore. I can still remember when they launched jumpman23.com to promote the release of Jordan Brand.

I remember your sweatshirt and pants to match, your tee, the white/black/volt Flight Suit, a pair of shorts, and 2 pairs of socks (white and black) with the Jumpman on a black patch with a red circle around it. Those socks were insane, and were pretty much Elites before Elites existed.

The OG Brand Jordan apparel is some of the best, cleanest apparel they’ve ever done. If they would just retro that stuff instead of most of the garbage clothing they come out with, I’d buy a boatload. You can rock that stuff at any age without looking like a clown.

The OG Brand Jordan apparel is some of the best, cleanest apparel they’ve ever done. If they would just retro that stuff instead of most of the garbage clothing they come out with, I’d buy a boatload. You can rock that stuff at any age without looking like a clown.
Agree x1000
I bought the BC3 warmup pants and jackets, and I think they did an amazing job with it.
Other than that, only buy simple and clean JB branded clothing at this point.
Too much of it looks awkward and inorganic.

In!

Not proud to admit this, but when I got my first lil job out of HS I bought a fake pair of these off of eBay back in like 2004. I didn’t trust or buy from eBay until more recently because of that.

Agree x1000
I bought the BC3 warmup pants and jackets, and I think they did an amazing job with it.
Other than that, only buy simple and clean JB branded clothing at this point.
Too much of it looks awkward and inorganic.
Yup. I’ve bought several tees recently but they’re all just the simple ones with like a small jumpman and maybe a couple words, like “Air Jordan from Nike.” In fact I’ve actually started to double up on such shirts because it’s so infrequent I find stuff that is so simple and clean, with basic white, black and red/infrared schemes. 99 percent of Jordan apparel is horrendous.

I remember your sweatshirt and pants to match, your tee, the white/black/volt Flight Suit, a pair of shorts, and 2 pairs of socks (white and black) with the Jumpman on a black patch with a red circle around it. Those socks were insane, and were pretty much Elites before Elites existed.
Forgot I still had the shorts too.

Attachments

• 09B2C3F6-E2C0-40F1-90F0-D52D3BC3784B.jpeg
    09B2C3F6-E2C0-40F1-90F0-D52D3BC3784B.jpeg
    291.1 KB · Views: 632
  • 27802DA6-AEEA-441E-8D1D-A50A4CDEC99D.jpeg
    27802DA6-AEEA-441E-8D1D-A50A4CDEC99D.jpeg
    299.4 KB · Views: 1,057
Back
Top Bottom