NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

When you ask for shoes that dont crease you are asking for changes to the toe shape
It's a valid question, but 1) Toes were generally this bad when we had creases, and 2) this would make sense if that was the reason JB made those toe boxes.

JB didnt just suddenly start reading chatboards and say "guys we need to get better with creasing - do anything possible."

They've continued with steel toes because....that's the mold now. Or the "style." Look at retros from the 90s basketball lines...the toes of those are horrendous too. It's everywhere.

i've seen maybe 2 good looking pairs of sneakers in here.
rest are absolute garbage, but I can't tell if maybe the shoe being in a larger size impacts that.
a lot of ya'll went out sad behind this release.

I don’t think these awful toe boxes are by design at all. If it was it wouldn’t be so all over the place left shoe vs right. This isn’t by design. It’s just terrible manufacturing and quality control:
3361A143-1698-4059-A28F-4B7F515C57DF.jpeg

LOL... Its funny i was on Ebay looking to cop these, but almost everyone is only showing pics of the LEFT SHOE, very few RIGHT SHOE pics, wunder why? LMAO smh
Yeah you gotta put in the work asking for more pics lol. I copy and paste my message to the sellers. So many people don’t show any pics at all just a screenshot of the got em screen....yeah no. Hell no :lol:

And you’re absolutely right that it’s usually the right shoe that has the Timbo steel toe. AGAIN, not by design.

I don’t think these awful toe boxes are by design at all. If it was it wouldn’t be so all over the place left shoe vs right. This isn’t by design. It’s just terrible manufacturing and quality control:
3361A143-1698-4059-A28F-4B7F515C57DF.jpeg

Yeah you gotta put in the work asking for more pics lol. I copy and paste my message to the sellers. So many people don’t show any pics at all just a screenshot of the got em screen....yeah no. Hell no :lol:

And you’re absolutely right that it’s usually the right shoe that has the Timbo steel toe. AGAIN, not by design.
But damn that Left Shoe is damn near perfect to the OG, Closer than we've ever been since the '99 imo….

When you ask for shoes that dont crease you are asking for changes to the toe shape
It's a valid question, but 1) Toes were generally this bad when we had creases, and 2) this would make sense if that was the reason JB made those toe boxes.

JB didnt just suddenly start reading chatboards and say "guys we need to get better with creasing - do anything possible."

They've continued with steel toes because....that's the mold now. Or the "style." Look at retros from the 90s basketball lines...the toes of those are horrendous too. It's everywhere.
Agree with the annoyance of all of those years when people complained about creases. But if some of these changes to retro IVs vs OGs or '99s in terms of shape were actually made along the way for that reason, then it's an epic fail, especially since these are coming right out of the box looking like someone already walked five miles in them :lol:

I personally never complained about creases. Ever. I will never understand the obsession with that. Shoes will crease. It’s the oxidation that I hate and try to prevent as much as possible.
16045118246119092135362277220356.jpg

16045120556026007982297551878150.jpg

I really cant complain about the shape of these..
Nice you got lucky! At least on the toe boxes. If you appreciate that then I’m happy for you and hope everything else is satisfactory for you!

The people complaining on the chat boards were also complaining directly to NIKE
Their parents that were spending the money on the shoes were complaining directly to NIKE
There were petitions made and I'm pretty sure those petitions made there way to NIKE

You really tryin to say parents complaints to Nike changed toe boxes?
Yeah, I dunno about all of that ... BUT ... I know you've been here a long time, like I have (despite my join date saying 2016, I was reading NT daily by sometime in 2000 or early 2001, had an old account but didn't really post anything). I remember like it was yesterday the era of nonstop complaints about creases, here and elsewhere. Whatever the mechanism was that led to Nike going to crappy stiff toes on loads of retro Jordans, I have little doubt the complaints were a real factor in the change. Now, whether or not parents were calling Nike's 800 number every day complaining about it, that's another matter LOL

Have you forgotten that retro Js were sitting on shelves back in the day?
Nike's stock wasn't as robust back then either
Wasn't there celebrations in this thread about them changing the red on this release after people complained?
My dude it's all good we all know NT had major influence on Jordan Brand's evolution with retros. If I'm a betting man I'd say that's how we got back certain details on the XI, the NA branding returning, and most certainly the 1 which was horrific the first go rounds in the early 2000's (Mids with patent leather). We haven't gotten EVERYTHING of course, but I'm def. certain we've made change here. NT is gold for a company like Nike because it is free market research and survey.

But my point was very little, if any, paying parents were calling into Nike and getting creasing changes made, and I would venture to guess very few internet petitions got many changes made. I've been here for close to 20 years - I've seen petitions everywhere. They're mostly in fun.

But in general, I'm with you. We all win here no matter WHO influences this brand better and forces them to stick to their brand motto and supposed values.

My dude it's all good we all know NT had major influence on Jordan Brand's evolution with retros. If I'm a betting man I'd say that's how we got back certain details on the XI, the NA branding returning, and most certainly the 1 which was horrific the first go rounds in the early 2000's (Mids with patent leather). We haven't gotten EVERYTHING of course, but I'm def. certain we've made change here. NT is gold for a company like Nike because it is free market research and survey.

But my point was very little, if any, paying parents were calling into Nike and getting creasing changes made, and I would venture to guess very few internet petitions got many changes made. I've been here for close to 20 years - I've seen petitions everywhere. They're mostly in fun.

But in general, I'm with you. We all win here no matter WHO influences this brand better and forces them to stick to their brand motto and supposed values.
This..:nthat:

Lmao! I know I am pretty pissed how the toes came out th ou I cant lie it's super boxy and some other people's are smooth.
It’s all over the place.

Yeah I decided to return my pair to Nike and stick to closely inspecting eBay for my pairs. Or maybe see how many pairs I can hit on RD from foot sites that I can return them to stores in town.
2020 Fire Red toe box vs 99 Black/Cement toe box
Right shoe vs Right shoe
99s are not DS
Edit: 99s are sz12 and 2020s are 12.5
IMG_20201104_130549695.jpg
And that isn’t that bad at ALL compared to the Timbos we’ve been seeing. Not bad at all I would take it.

It’s interesting on these fire reds it’s usually the right shoe afflicted with Timbo toe but I’ve seen Timbo toe on left shoes and sleek on right shoes also. And BOTH shoes afflicted. What’s rare is both shoes having the nice toe box. But it is possible as we see and where there’s a will there’s a way and I have a lot of will for this shoe.

Back
Top Bottom