NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

let's hope they make some improvements on these like they did for the V's. but please don't make the tongues any bigger than they already are.

if the shape on these come out a lot better and no slanted Nike air on 2019 black cement 4s ima sell those and hope a future retro will be better

Speaking of black cement 4s, I saw some dude on reddit with a sole swapped 1989 pair and thought I'd share it since I thought it was so cool to see these on foot.
6048ca3.jpg

The tongue to me looks so much better on those in comparison to what’s on the retro 4s... they corrected the tongue on the recent 3s, now they need to do it on the 4s and 13s.

that and the toe box are my biggest ask

The tongue to me looks so much better on those in comparison to what’s on the retro 4s... they corrected the tongue on the recent 3s, now they need to do it on the 4s and 13s.

that and the toe box are my biggest ask

Yeah, not rolling over the back to be visible from the front needs to be fixed like the 3s. But the shape is awful; they later learned how to better sew the tongues. The pic above actually isn't that bad compared to other pics, including my own OG WCs I've seen.

Yeah, not rolling over the back to be visible from the front needs to be fixed like the 3s. But the shape is awful; they later learned how to better sew the tongues. The pic above actually isn't that bad compared to other pics, including my own OG WCs I've seen.

I haven’t owned any of the OGs so I hear you. I just like the sleek look of it

Nice.

I wore the hell out of my '05 Lasers and Mars pairs, to the point that I never felt like wearing my 2012 pair and never broke them out :lol:

I'm in for at least two.
Oh bro that laser 4 package I got and resold to some dude in the UK for $500. The tshirt that came with it was about as cheap as it gets and so was the hat. Couldn’t believe it. Actually yes I could.

Y'all gotta take a trip down memory lane wit ya boy......

First pair of J's my parents ever copped for me straight from the mall were these fire red 4s in '89.

I was just about to be a teenager, and was hella ready to show them off to my friends at school and bust em out on the hardwood during the upcoming basketball season (I played in several leagues like NJB, Slam n Jam, Youth City Leagues, etc.

First game rockin em, scored 34 points as if I had Mamba mentalityrunning thru my veins.

Got em dirty af but back then we didn't care cause it was all about the shoes elevating your game on the floor.

Shout out to my late Pops, who was the coach on one of my squads. Shout out to Dave Lopez, long time CBS/KCAL news reporter, who coached me and his son on one of my travel squads in '88-'89.

5 pairs minimum.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Originals dropped November 1989 right?

That's when I was born, so you know I'm copping at least 3 pairs. The originals have always been one of my Grails.
No they dropped months earlier, though offhand I forget which month. By November’89 the IVs were about done, Vs were only three months away.

No they dropped months earlier, though offhand I forget which month. By November’89 the IVs were about done, Vs were only three months away.

Don’t remember the exact month but it was before September as they were my new kicks for that new year in school. First Jordan ever and I indeed jumped higher wearing them lol. This is my grail and I hope they do them justice! My 2012 pair was a disgrace.

I can't remember when these released originally... I know I got the BC4's in February 1989 after they came out, and I got these Fire Reds for Christmas 1989 but I don't remember how long they'd been out. Didn't seem like they'd been out all that long, but I just don't remember for sure.

I can't remember when these released originally... I know I got the BC4's in February 1989 after they came out, and I got these Fire Reds for Christmas 1989 but I don't remember how long they'd been out. Didn't seem like they'd been out all that long, but I just don't remember for sure.
Date I saw online said February 1990?

Seems like the first and second colorway of a new model was releasing in February.
WC/BC 4s - Feb 1989
White/Black Infrared 6s - Feb 1991

Assuming those dates are right. Back then shoes just sold whenever shops received them. Not date locked like now.

Last edited:
Date I saw online said February 1990?

Seems like the first and second colorway of a new model was releasing in February.
WC/BC 4s - Feb 1989
White/Black Infrared 6s - Feb 1991

Assuming those dates are right. Back then shoes just sold whenever shops received them. Not date locked like now.

Yep Fire Red 5's definitely released February 1990. I was talking about the release date of the Fire Red 4's, can't remember when those actually dropped. That sneakerfiles site says they dropped in November 1989 which lines up with what I was thinking, but other dudes have said they had them before school started that fall.

Yep Fire Red 5's definitely released February 1990. I was talking about the release date of the Fire Red 4's, can't remember when those actually dropped. That sneakerfiles site says they dropped in November 1989 which lines up with what I was thinking, but other dudes have said they had them before school started that fall.
I thought I was in the V thread. My bad lol.

Back
Top Bottom