NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

Looking at these pairs makes me kinda glad I took the L. I still want a pair but only if I can inspect in person first. The leather quality looks like 2006 Military Blue quality, which is total trash.

They fixed the 11's and 6's, dunno why they continue to sh**on these. Even the FR 5's were done pretty well. I just hope the Carmines are as good as the Infrareds were.
I'm hearing it's the same leather as the fire red 5s this year.

I disagree it doesn’t look like they used better leather. It’s the same trash for this huge GR. I guarantee they didn’t improve the quality for a release this size. And for $200.
It's the basic Chrometan leather that they used on the fire red 5s from what I have seen (in pictures of course) and what I hear on videos I get my pair next week I will update when I know for sure

I just went through an notice the Avatar change this one is super dope bro!

Thanks man.

For this release I think I'll need to get 2 pairs and hope I get one with a decent slant and not major flaws. Hate having to do that, but it is what it is. Of course, getting one pair could possibly be challenging. For the BC4, I hit on a European site the day before US launch, and 100% struck out on RD on SNKRS and footsites...I was truly shocked....Hope this doesn't play out the same way as I don't think I'll be able to do the Europe thing again.

Got my pair in from the shock drop. I must have been blessed since my pair looks really good. Nicer leather compared to the 2012s. 2012s were trash all together except for the white cement 4s. No cracking to this day!

Thanks man.

For this release I think I'll need to get 2 pairs and hope I get one with a decent slant and not major flaws. Hate having to do that, but it is what it is. Of course, getting one pair could possibly be challenging. For the BC4, I hit on a European site the day before US launch, and 100% struck out on RD on SNKRS and footsites...I was truly shocked....Hope this doesn't play out the same way as I don't think I'll be able to do the Europe thing again.

Damn man no way you hit on EU sites that's crazy man, I think you should do good on this one from some of videos I have watched they should have tons and tons. Plus if they have em on the foot sites and SNKRS you should get 2 or 3 easy. Mines a gamble dude barley sent them out today an I'm hoping they dont look like sh*t man. I got real lucky on the BC4s I had to go to goat because I missed the drops and got a good pair in height but the toe box was like lopsided to the left lol!

As long as they're not awfully creased or messed up, I'm good too as soon as i get my pairs i wear them that day. I never have been in to DS collecting, even if they're older models I will restore them and wear them.
Precisely. I don’t know when people started expecting perfect looking sneakers. I can see if they are really messed up and super flawed, but it’s freaking leather and shoes that are supposed to be worn and crease anyway. They aren‘t the Mona Lisa. The so called “sneaker heads” these days are stupid and annoying.

Shock drop pair delivered today. IMO...a solid release. Great materials (I’ll co-sign the 5 leather statement). Better overall and toe shape compared to 2012 AND the WC and BC. Both previous releases slightly boxier. Great padded tongue and very sturdy build, plus that red!
48C7FC68-3A56-44F4-9F21-997E7C9F44AF.jpeg

3888FAFC-A52E-4895-A48B-9133D5D75C56.jpeg

DF2ACB60-BB15-41E6-9229-4F63872AEA53.jpeg

205225E0-8755-4A21-85A1-6BDC24D0F959.jpeg

Shock drop pair delivered today. IMO...a solid release. Great materials (I’ll co-sign the 5 leather statement). Better overall and toe shape compared to 2012 AND the WC and BC. Both previous releases slightly boxier. Great padded tongue and very sturdy build, plus that red!

Yours are looking pretty good. From the pics on here, I'm seeing a trend of left shoe having a more slanted toe box, while the right shoe is slightly more boxy. Neither are what we really wanted, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it, and enjoy wearing them.

The WC gets a lot of hate, but in that pic, its toe box is looking the best in my opinion. FR toe rand is thinner, but more boxy.

Last edited:
Can’t wait to get home from work! Mines and kids pair just touched down!

Last edited:
Precisely. I don’t know when people started expecting perfect looking sneakers. I can see if they are really messed up and super flawed, but it’s freaking leather and shoes that are supposed to be worn and crease anyway. They aren‘t the Mona Lisa. The so called “sneaker heads” these days are stupid and annoying.
Bro for sure!!! I hate putting on youtube or anything else where they try to show off a massive collection but never wear ****. Like great you have a $1M sneaker collection but no one see them! I get some of them like Mjo23dan and other Instagram OG DS collecting but for me it would be too tempting to wear lol!

Thanks for posting this comparison it's awesome to see these are a little bit higher then last years pair. At least that heel pic looks to be! I'm so stoked to get my pair now!!

Nah, I disagree. Put these up against the 2012 Military Blue 4 and 2012 White Cement 4 releases and you’ll see the difference and the real trash they used before.
I wasn’t talking about releases that long ago when I said same trash I meant same recent trash lol Yeah you’re right it may just be trash as opposed to SUPER TRASH as you mentioned. I’ll take what I can.

Btw, I know you would appreciate I just picked up some OG Flint 13s. Now THAT is some decent leather right there.

Thanks man.

My plan is still to get 2 pairs. I might have to go through quite a few to get to that....
Got my pair in from the shock drop. I must have been blessed since my pair looks really good. Nicer leather compared to the 2012s. 2012s were trash all together except for the white cement 4s. No cracking to this day!
Nice

I will never understand avoiding creasing. But I want and expect shoes that I spend $200 on to have minimal flaws. Funny you mention the Mona Lisa. When I saw it in person it was so underwhelming. So overrated!
And yes sneakerheads these days are a joke. But my reason is different. It’s all about hype, influencers and collabs for them to care about it. It’s pathetic.

Nice pics!! POPPING!

I meant to say that I may need to get 2 pairs and pick the better one or mix and match; I only want one pair to keep. Having double-ups stresses me out b/c I wear all of my shoes and a double-up would mean one remaining DS for so long it would either re-retro, or the one in the closet would deteriorate and be unwearable. But if you wear it to help deter degradation, then you can't resell it. Anyway, I'm a one-and-done guy, but sometimes I acquire a couple when there's QC issue concerns and they sell out quickly like most of the shoes I tend to acquire.

Back
Top Bottom