NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

That wreaks of "exclusivity" to the average chump. Where the "good" Nike shoes go! Be honest with yourself: if every Jordan release were a raffle, it would not be a good look for any company. It signifies a true problem getting product to actual customers. The same problem we've been dealing with the ENTIRE decade. They aren't going to address it in a meaningful way. How many years do we need as evidence of that?

The fact that I could hit on 1/2 to 1/3 of all releases and I've got ONE hit on SNKRS in 6 months over 40+ shoes... it ain't a mystery!

Honestly, the only way to address the exclusivity issue is increased production. Because frankly, as mass-produced as these were, they easily could've produced another 150,000 pairs and still sold them out - but they won't. How many people just in this thread bought multiple pairs? I hit on SNKRS and will pick up a pair at FNL in a little bit, myself. In my opinion you should be able to walk into a local store for a week or two after release date and be able to get AJ retros. But Nike, Adidas and the other brands prefer to make more CWs with less #s than fewer CWs with more #s. That's why Retro+ CWs hit sale, while OG CWs sell out in a flash.

Honestly, the only way to address the exclusivity issue is increased production. Because frankly, as mass-produced as these were, they easily could've produced another 150,000 pairs and still sold them out - but they won't. How many people just in this thread bought multiple pairs? I hit on SNKRS and will pick up a pair at FNL in a little bit, myself. In my opinion you should be able to walk into a local store for a week or two after release date and be able to get AJ retros. But Nike, Adidas and the other brands prefer to make more CWs with less #s than fewer CWs with more #s. That's why Retro+ CWs hit sale, while OG CWs sell out in a flash.
What you're missing is that they keep #'s down to keep interest up. If every shoe were available for weeks, resellers would walk away and sales would slow overall. The high demand is only propped up by a limited supply and the appearance of them being tough to get. That's why I say Nike doesn't care to address the problem. They care about making money and their products continuing to be hot. Bots are good for their business model and they know that the average sneakherhead has very little common sense. Most people will keep trying every week and take the L's and pay resellers even if it's only a $20 profit for the reseller. This model props up the baseless resell/collector prices on all of these shoes.

The thing is... most people in this hobby are all for continuing this model because their sneakers would lose their completely made up values after the fact.

The funny thing is that you’d think all these quarantines and people staying home would lead to a lower demand since we ain’t leaving the house to rock them.
Nah. Scalping has gone up since COVID. Look at the PS5, Switch, Xbox, sneakers, etc.

Bro, if you could reserve slots at restaurants. Bots would take that.

In this country, there’s hardly any legislation and no pressure on the retailers or the cloud companies (where these things originate from).

Nah. Scalping has gone up since COVID. Look at the PS5, Switch, Xbox, sneakers, etc.

Bro, if you could reserve slots at restaurants. Bots would take that.

In this country, there’s hardly any legislation and no pressure on the retailers or the cloud companies (where these things originate from).
I understand scalping has gone up, but in theory demand should be down. Less disposable income, less spending, and less socializing. I think this bubble could burst.

Screenshot_20201128-090911_Footaction.jpg

Just checkout on the Champs app.

People are coppin just to resell. But resale is horrible 😆bred 4s sat for a couple of days last year. And I guaran-damn-tee these would’ve sat for a couple of days too if it wasn’t for the pandemic and joblessness.

Spammed the add to cart button on champs and somehow hit, but I got this whacky confirmation page lol:
7412E06E-96F1-4B7A-A69D-3E8264A48D11.jpeg
Holding my breath for an email confirmation 😐

Anyone with an extra sz 12 that’s considering getting rid of them send me a pm.Struck out locally and would rather not go the eBay route.Congratulations to everyone who hit and scooped them up already.

Back
Top Bottom