NIKE Air Jordan IV OG White Fire Red: Black Friday 2020: Nov. 28th

Black Cement
Fire Red
Military Blue
White Cement

I was never a big fan of the WC4s, definitely the weak link out of the OGs. Skipped them in 2016, honestly I'd put my Toros above them. *ducks head* :emoji_grimacing:
There are so many people who wouldn't wear the White Cements because they are white sneakers. Ask any Boomer what their favorite colorway is and it's the Breds everytime. White sneakers are not low key either and you have to prance around gingerly to prevent any blemishes 👶🏻🐩🦙

The Bred 4's, you could rock those on a construction site and look fly 👷

Last edited:
Where I grew up in metro Detroit, everyone mocked the Military Blues as the Jordan that people got because they were late to the game and couldn't find their size in the "real" colorways anymore LOL. No one thought it was remotely cool to wear Air Jordans in non-Bulls colorways, even though the Pistons and Bulls were at war at the time. The couple kids at my school who showed up with them got clowned. To this day I could never buy them just because that's my memory of them. In other words, there is nothing nostalgic in a good way to me about that shoe :lol:
That's an interesting piece of cultural history. I can see how the Military Blues could be seen as 2nd printing to the other three, plus Jordan never wore them on court.

But wouldn't the Military Blues match a Pistons' jersey? Or would that have been sacrilegious? ⛹🏿‍♂️

Puma-Palace-Guard-OG-3-1024x682.jpg

D01XES2XgAE6H6c.jpeg

I actually ordered and received these BEFORE I got my Bred 4's, as they are an essential piece of basketball history. It's a crime on Puma's part that they didn't pay 'Mr. Wonderful' for these retros. I love these.

Last edited:
That's an interesting piece of cultural history. I can see how the Military Blues could be seen as 2nd printing to the other three, plus Jordan never wore them on court.

But wouldn't the Military Blues match a Pistons' jersey? Or would that have been sacrilegious? ⛹🏿‍♂️

View attachment 2717015

I actually ordered and received these BEFORE I got my Bred 4's. It's a crime on Puma's part that they didn't pay Mr. Wonderful for these retros. I love these.
I had those Isiah Pumas, though funny enough I was never a Pistons fan even though I'm from metro Detroit, I cheered for the Bulls in all those epic series LOL. But they were a cool shoe.
RE: the IVs, I mean, I can't obviously speak for everyone. All I know is that in my school and around my way, we just never dug the Militaries. They just didn't make any sense to us, despite the IIIs setting some precedent with the True Blues. Come to think of it, those didn't make much sense, either LOL. It's not like either was a Carolina colorway. Anyway, I don't blame anyone who likes them, they'll just never be for me. I'd rather wear the other colorways any day of the week.

The black chrome 8s from 03-04? And most recently the Jordan 13 royal/black, are the ONLY two Jordans I have, that are not bulls colorways. O and I have oly 7s.
Edit: And concords...thats not a “bulls” coloway but no body was discounting them because of it

I had those Isiah Pumas, though funny enough I was never a Pistons fan even though I'm from metro Detroit, I cheered for the Bulls in all those epic series LOL. But they were a cool shoe.
RE: the IVs, I mean, I can't obviously speak for everyone. All I know is that in my school and around my way, we just never dug the Militaries. They just didn't make any sense to us, despite the IIIs setting some precedent with the True Blues. Come to think of it, those didn't make much sense, either LOL. It's not like either was a Carolina colorway. Anyway, I don't blame anyone who likes them, they'll just never be for me. I'd rather wear the other colorways any day of the week.
I like how 30 years later, you would never pick up the Military Blues because you remember making fun of kids who wore them 😂😅😉

4rctly.jpg

4rdtsp.jpg

Last edited:
I like how 30 years later, you would never pick up the Military Blues because you remember making fun of kids who wore them 😂😅😉 I understand
View attachment 2717148
:rofl:
I'm actually doubly traumatized over Military IVs because, on a whim, I actually did buy the '06 retro. I hadn't planned on it, but I happened to be in a mall late on the day they dropped, and Finishline surprisingly had some pairs left. I didn't have any retro IVs at the time and it was an impulse buy. On top of generally not liking the colorway, that retro was one of the all-time most insulting ripoffs JB has ever released. So these days, my memories of them are as bad as ever LOL

:rofl:
I'm actually doubly traumatized over Military IVs because, on a whim, I actually did buy the '06 retro. I hadn't planned on it, but I happened to be in a mall late on the day they dropped, and Finishline surprisingly had some pairs left. I didn't have any retro IVs at the time and it was an impulse buy. On top of generally not liking the colorway, that retro was one of the all-time most insulting ripoffs JB has ever released. So these days, my memories of them are as bad as ever LOL
I wanted to jump in the collecting game back in 2003 with the White Cement 3, but there was no Nike Air on the back and it just didn't jive with me. Not to sound like a snob, but they didn't seem genuine.

4rcz00.jpg

I wanted to jump in the collecting game back in 2003 with the White Cement 3, but there was no Nike Air on the back and it just didn't jive with me. Not to sound like a snob, but they didn't seem genuine.

4rcz00.jpg
Would it be snobbish to not be ok with someone replacing Mona Lisa’s nose with a different one with hair and boogers coming out? I think not 😉

I don’t buy any 3-6 that’s had the backs marred.

I never could have imagined knocking the guy that had the non Bulls J. My first was the 7, and Bords to me were just as impressive. In the late 80s, I was wearing generics so I cant speak for the talk then. I do remember the Grapes never appealing to me though.
First shoe I wanted was the Black Infra, but at the same time thought the Maroons were awesome. Hell at that time, I just wanted A Jordan so I would have never been picky back then. The only thing I remember being razzed about was for wearing the "last years Jordan". I was so happy to have them so that never bothered me.

I never could have imagined knocking the guy that had the non Bulls J. My first was the 7, and Bords to me were just as impressive. In the late 80s, I was wearing generics so I cant speak for the talk then. I do remember the Grapes never appealing to me though.
First shoe I wanted was the Black Infra, but at the same time thought the Maroons were awesome. Hell at that time, I just wanted A Jordan so I would have never been picky back then. The only thing I remember being razzed about was for wearing the "last years Jordan". I was so happy to have them so that never bothered me.
In 1986 I got the Bred 1 from my neighbor, as a hand me down. He was older and had grew out of them. I remember going to school and some of the older kids (all white, btw) started giving me a hard time about wearing them. Like I didn't deserve them or should even be wearing them because I wasn't Jordan himself or didn't play ball 😄

They were just jealous that I was 7 years old and was rocking a luxury gym shoe lol. I continued to wear them and didn't give a **** 😎

Once I grew out of them, I learned to push mow the lawn in them. The high top was ideal, as it protected my ankles from any flying pebbles, sticks or debris 😉

yhdwulbneqgqb3shj7np.jpg

Jordan in 1985 and Jordan in 1991 dressed like your suburban Boomer dad.

Last edited:
When it comes to material items, you will never shed the punks that will always have something to say in the negative. When your a kid, all you can do is be yourself. Trying to satisfy the others will always be a losing cause. If those shoes made you feel a certain way, than thats all that matters. My mother could not afford them when I was younger. I understood that even then. But it still didnt take away my thirst for them. I used that same lawn mowing money to buy the Aquas in 94. Got **** for it due to the 9 being out by then. Did not care. To me, I accomplished something getting that shoe. I wanted that 9 so bad though. To this day I still would not want to change how I learned what earning to get yours was like. Because mom wasnt buying those shoes with her money.

I want to get some white and red denim and chinos which I'm starting to prefer because of comfort.

Those Aqua 8's are dope. I know in 2023 JB is going to bring them back 🕒

Back
Top Bottom