Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

Hi Fam,

Just got the Fire Red's in and they straight Fire ;-)
Really nice pair, my only concern is that i feel that they will crease badly. I am already thinking about doubling just to have one pair on ice.
What's your thought on this ? Any tips ?

Thanks
Double up! Double up! Double up! You won't regret it. Though the only pair of 3s I owned prior were the '18 Black Cement 3s but as much as I put those through the wringer, they have aged fine imo. Not terribly creased up but I also stuff the toeboxes a bit after every wear. However with these, given the elements of nature that I put leather based shoes through, plus the fact that they are by far the best 3 retro we've gotten in a long while especially of the Fire Reds, buying a second pair was a no brainer. The first, more flawed or less aesthetically pleasing pair gets worn and the second, more perfect pair gets to sit on ice for a good while. You also won't have to worry about paying ridiculous resell prices by doubling up while they're still going for a fair amount.
20220925_134647.jpg

Double up! Double up! Double up! You won't regret it. Though the only pair of 3s I owned prior were the '18 Black Cement 3s but as much as I put those through the wringer, they have aged fine imo. Not terribly creased up but I also stuff the toeboxes a bit after every wear. However with these, given the elements of nature that I put leather based shoes through, plus the fact that they are by far the best 3 retro we've gotten in a long while especially of the Fire Reds, buying a second pair was a no brainer. The first, more flawed or less aesthetically pleasing pair gets worn and the second, more perfect pair gets to sit on ice for a good while. You also won't have to worry about paying ridiculous resell prices by doubling up while they're still going for a fair amount.
20220925_134647.jpg
What made you do the laces like 1s

I remember ppl rocking the hang tag when I was young. It wasn't really common to see, but it was definitely a thing.

For those who keep the tag on, do y'all rock them on your timbs as well?
This is kinda like the Wallabees post on wearing tags ☝️. If its the same material as the shoe itself and isn't ostentacious, then it should/could stay on. Timbs are slightly different because the chain the tag is on can be noisy. Every now and then I'll wear mine with a blazer or even a corduroy suit (it's a Midwest/rust belt thing 🤷🏿‍♂️) and I remove the tag then if there is one and if I remember to. That's often a church service look. Definitely don't want your kicks making noise while walking into a quiet church service 🤦🏿‍♂️😂

LN3 or LN4 Which pair you copped tell more. And always remember my brother One Fish ...Two Fish ...Red Fish.....Blue Fish, knick knack , paddy whack , give a dog a bone ,
Bought 6 of these so far....10.5s and 11s....kept 2, 1 of each size.....on every single one the left and right ep never matched and was always cleaner on the right shoes. So I gave up. No will ever notice lol......but I won't stop thinking about it 😂

What made you do the laces like 1s

I unlace double up pairs so that the material isn't sitting all choked up by the factory lacing. I don't know if it really helps at all, or even matters really. It's just something I like to do for my sneakers that won't be unDS'ed for a long while.

I miss the days when all shoes came like this. There was always something satisfying about lacing up a new pair the way YOU wanted to lace them. Now, between them being choked and the factory job never being even, I have to unlace, then re-lace. It's a PITA. :lol:

I miss the days when all shoes came like this. There was always something satisfying about lacing up a new pair the way YOU wanted to lace them. Now, between them being choked and the factory job never being even, I have to unlace, then re-lace. It's a PITA. :lol:

Back in the day, when FL employees had to earn their money and lace them up whenever someone wanted to try on a shoe. Lol. But yeah, I do miss lacing up a fresh pair though.

Back in the day, when FL employees had to earn their money and lace them up whenever someone wanted to try on a shoe. Lol. But yeah, I do miss lacing up a fresh pair though.

Try on shoes? Who does that any more? [sarcasm font] :rofl:

But yeah, I was REAL quick with the lacing when I worked at FTL. Had it down to a science.

7.5 - 9

under retail if shipping to US

Wait, are we supposed to remove them?????? They're made of suede and look so nice! I've literally never even considered removing the tag from my Wallys. Speaking of....Hibbets have low cut pairs for under $70. Whenever I see a Wally under $100 I almost always cop.

As far as the tag on an AJ3.....I don't mind it. Especially depending on the fit. It's a sneaker. Style them however you like.
For the tag, I was just asking because I have never even entertained the thought of remove it on Wallabees.
As for Wallabees at a deep discount, I hear you, it is a no brainer!

Back
Top Bottom