Nike Air Jordan Retro 3 OG “Fire Red” 2022

I wonder how long flagship J’s are gonna last. In terms of the public being interested, and this entire game continuing for Jordan Brand.

On one hand Ive thought 25 years from now there will no longer be much demand, esp with the same OG models being possibly on their 8th or 9th release. But then on the other hand I see so many elementary and middle schools kids rocking Jordans that they will probably want to be re-buying these for nostalgia too when they’re 40….over and over.

It blows my mind what these kids rock these days. Around my way you drive past an average school bus stop and I am seeing 10 yr olds wearing all original colorway Jordans that I got L’s on over and over. They all have them on - girls too.

We know clothes is about hype just like it was when we were young. But my buddy made a classic observation on this, all these kids sportin’ these 1’s is equivalent to us young kids in the 80s wearin retros of shoes from 1950 :lol:

I wonder how long flagship J’s are gonna last. In terms of the public being interested, and this entire game continuing for Jordan Brand.

On one hand Ive thought 25 years from now there will no longer be much demand, esp with the same OG models being possibly on their 8th or 9th release. But then on the other hand I see so many elementary and middle schools kids rocking Jordans that they will probably want to be re-buying these for nostalgia too when they’re 40….over and over.

It blows my mind what these kids rock these days. Around my way you drive past an average school bus stop and I am seeing 10 yr olds wearing all original colorway Jordans that I got L’s on over and over. They all have them on - girls too.

We know clothes is about hype just like it was when we were young. But my buddy made a classic observation on this, all these kids sportin’ these 1’s is equivalent to us young kids in the 80s wearin retros of shoes from 1950 :lol:
Just my opinion only us who grew up watching Jordan will appreciate it

Just my opinion only us who grew up watching Jordan will appreciate it
For the most part yeah but not entirely. Younger people like myself (22) that truly love these sneakers will do their due diligence and look into the history of Nike, MJ, Tinker, Air Jordan, their impact on streetwear/street culture, etc. just as I have. There are plenty of MJ's games from '84-'98 and '01-'03 that can be found on YouTube at any time so even someone that didn't grow up in that time can even watch and develop an admiration and appreciation for MJ's skills on the court and all that he and the Bulls accomplished, especially during the 3-peats. It all depends on the person, but overall yeah the crowd that grew up in that era are the main demographic that will truly appreciate and understand the importance of that era. People like myself only really get to view it from the opposite side of the looking glass unfortunately but I'm still grateful to have learned as much as I have by being here for so long with you all as well having been able to watch and read what I have from those times.

Some of us did: chuck Taylor’s. A classic is a classic.

I do find it weird when I see kids or younger people in general wearing Jordan's. Especially high school and younger.

I look at them like "You know nothing about Fire Red 3's so why do you want them"? :rofl:

I do find it weird when I see kids or younger people in general wearing Jordan's. Especially high school and younger.

I look at them like "You know nothing about Fire Red 3's so why do you want them"? :rofl:

They want them because they’re widely known as cool throughout our American culture. They’re seen and hyped across social media. As perfectchaosrei perfectchaosrei noted, we wore Chucks in the ‘80s and people still wear them. I wanted them in elementary school because lots of “cool” kids wore them and they looked good. I sure as heck didn’t know who Chuck Taylor was 🤣. And obviously a lot of kids DO know who MJ is.
Jordans have become a desirable brand regardless of whether or not Mike played while you were alive and aware. Ferraris are still highly desirable even though Enzo Ferrari has been dead for more than 30 years. Most clothing brands don’t even have that kind of history behind them yet are still coveted.

They want them because they’re widely known as cool throughout our American culture. They’re seen and hyped across social media. As perfectchaosrei perfectchaosrei noted, we wore Chucks in the ‘80s and people still wear them. I wanted them in elementary school because lots of “cool” kids wore them and they looked good. I sure as heck didn’t know who Chuck Taylor was 🤣. And obviously a lot of kids DO know who MJ is.
Jordans have become a desirable brand regardless of whether or not Mike played while you were alive and aware. Ferraris are still highly desirable even though Enzo Ferrari has been dead for more than 30 years. Most clothing brands don’t even have that kind of history behind them yet are still coveted.

I was with you until you mentioned Enzo Ferrari.

I was with you until you mentioned Enzo Ferrari.
It’s not an exact 1:1 analogy, but I was just making the point that a company doesn’t necessarily need its famous namesake to personally be around for the brand to still resonate with consumers. Enzo was an almost mythical figure, and that in itself contributed greatly to the desirability of the cars for years. But at some point a brand like that (or Jordan) becomes so well known and desirable, it doesn’t matter as much about the original person, and the brand stands on its own even to people who don’t know much about the history.

I do have to say though, we can’t compare this to Chucks. Yes ppl been wearin them for 75 yrs but the school(s) i was at in the 80s had maybe 10 kids that wore them. Most were into music scene. They cost less than 50 bucks. Jordans now (and certain Nike models as well) are on the feet of kid after kid and Im seeing just as many (if not more) girls than guys. It’s a whole nother level :lol:

I do have to say though, we can’t compare this to Chucks. Yes ppl been wearin them for 75 yrs but the school(s) i was at in the 80s had maybe 10 kids that wore them. Most were into music scene. They cost less than 50 bucks. Jordans now (and certain Nike models as well) are on the feet of kid after kid and Im seeing just as many (if not more) girls than guys. It’s a whole nother level :lol:
I remember going to A&N and getting Chucks for $5 in the early 90’s.

This is wild that ppl and their assumptions of the the logo on the back of the shoes. Ppl are really having conspiracy theories about Nike trying to disassociate themselves with JB 😂😂 this is hilarious…..
4C577597-54AA-4AAD-B7D1-6F24EA790A8D.jpeg
8CD4F901-6447-405B-BA98-8DC7E8337AE4.jpeg
45E992A6-F560-4CC8-8B88-1682438D41AE.jpeg
F0AF8825-A013-4AA3-8C03-0889CE1442E3.jpeg
2ECB87F2-D345-4022-978F-AB9E22ED2F82.jpeg
AB6F142A-96FA-4B08-B5C5-920D1F74F59F.jpeg
302754FA-2759-4393-830B-179491D3955D.jpeg

It’s not an exact 1:1 analogy, but I was just making the point that a company doesn’t necessarily need its famous namesake to personally be around for the brand to still resonate with consumers. Enzo was an almost mythical figure, and that in itself contributed greatly to the desirability of the cars for years. But at some point a brand like that (or Jordan) becomes so well known and desirable, it doesn’t matter as much about the original person, and the brand stands on its own even to people who don’t know much about the history.
It's crazy to think that 40 years from now Jordan will just be a brand name and the consumers of that time won't even think of MJ at all when thinking about the brand. I can imagine the conversations......

Random old person sneaker enthusiast:"you do know the Jumpman logo is a guy who actually existed, right? Yeah, his name was Michael Jordan......... "

Random early 20 something kid wearing Lamello Ball Retros: "Wait, I thought Lamello Ball was the greatest player of all time?" 🤣

Back
Top Bottom