NIke Air Jordan Retro 4 black/cement/red (BRED) legitimacy check

real or fake

• real

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • fake

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What does everyone think?  Production date in 2010.  They have the heel bump, tag looks identical to the 2012 retro 4s (except for the model # and production dates). Some weird Chinese stickers on the back of the box. 

Let me know;  thanks very much-- always appreciated!

The most obvious thing is that these weren't released in 2010. Then the stickers that are pictured on the box aren't correct. Can't tell a lot about the quality of the shoe with the limited pictures. But still easy to tell they are fake.

Last edited:
size tag is terrible
laugh.gif
can you post a picture of the size tag of your authentic bred 4's?  that would be helpful, thanks very much!

found these tag photos online, they are both associated with 'authentic' jordan retro 4's

deleted photos that were not mine

Last edited:
The most obvious thing is that these weren't released in 2010. Then the stickers that are pictured on the box aren't correct. Can't tell a lot about the quality of the shoe with the limited pictures. But still easy to tell they are fake.
true- thanks!

they might have been made in a nike factory in 2010 but never released?  the whole thing is a little strange, so I got my money back.

thats what the tag looks like on this retro..
yes- those other photos are from authentic Jordan retro 4s.  their tags look the tags on my retros.  perhaps mine were made in 2010 as an asian release?

There were no such thing as in a 2010 Asia exclusive release.
and the 308497-003 product number does refer to an actual release of this shoe (countdown pack, as well as a promo sample i think), although niether relased during that time frame.  the tags on the fakes have an identical font as the authentic, and are fastened to the shoe in the same manner as the authentic which is interesting.  i am going to san fran later this year, i'll have one of my Chinese colleagues translate the writing on the back of the box.

So I received my legit pair today, and I have to say, the fake pair in question above is a pretty good fake.  I'll take some more photographs, but they got the details and detail proportions very close to that of the authentic.  And the tag font is almost identical, minus the bolding on the numerals.  I mean, really, REALLY similar to the legit tags.  Obviously the legit pair is much more substantial, the last is much more robust, and the tongue is much higher in quality.  The boxes of both feel like they are made of the same material.  I'll post photos.  Thanks to all for the help with this.

Last edited:
Real/Left  --  Fake/Right

Fake/Left  --  Real/Right

Authentic Nike Tag

Fake Box / Real Box

Last edited:
things like the shape of the shoe is difficult to judge when looking a photos online.   I think that the box that fakes came in might have been a real Nike box.  The dimensions are the same, and the material feels (bends/weight) identical.

Last edited:
Also, it should be note that the mesh is very close.  The fake mesh has more of shine to it, and the boxes are more square than rectangle; the real mesh is more matte and the little squares (for lack of a better description) are more oblong.  The plastic grey lace holders are painted black on the backside of the authentic shoes, whereas the fakes are all grey.  In general, everything on the fake is more bendy and squishy.  The authentic shoes are much more rigid.  One thing that I can say for certain is that fakes will never crease, the 'leather' used to make the upper is SUPER pliable.  Thanks.  This was my first pair of Jordan retro 4s, period, so please for give my initial ignorance.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom