Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

The blue doesn't make any logical sense. I'll never understand it.

What makes it even worse is that the Maroon 6 exists.

??? The Maroon 6s aren't a translucent sole;they're milky, so it makes no sense to compare. They're like the 72-10 11s.

Honestly I like that change. Gets rid of the NA thirat for. bit. There are some retro+s that dunk on OG CWs that stil haven't dropped.

The most glaring change to the 2016's, aside from the NA heel branding, is the removal of the "23." I was never much of a fan of that. I know that's the old school Jordan PE style but it was somewhat distracting and out of place if you know what I mean. Super glad they removed it!

The most glaring change to the 2016's, aside from the NA heel branding, is the removal of the "23." I was never much of a fan of that. I know that's the old school Jordan PE style but it was somewhat distracting and out of place if you know what I mean. Super glad they removed it!
This, I was always turned off by the #23. The removal of #23+NA branding=must cop!!

??? The Maroon 6s aren't a translucent sole;they're milky, so it makes no sense to compare. They're like the 72-10 11s.
Yes it does make sense. They went with the original look on that pair and decided against the OG look on this pair. This is the first OG remastered release featuring a clear sole since the Maroons. They took a step back with these. That's my point.

They can't make the milky soles with that blue tint.  The blue slows down yellowing and is considered an improvement.  They simply don't look that blue in person compared to the pics, and it dissipates over time.  They're also not going back to the OG crappy jagged tongues on the 4s. We're not ever going to get an exact replication.  I hope people who don't like the blue don't cop. 

Last edited:

Yeah, Im surprised they didnt use the same milky sole on these that they did with the Maroon VI. They wouldve looked awesome. Nonetheless, Its not a deal breaker for me, so Im still buying two pairs.

The blue tint is a cool feature but does not prevent yellowing at all. The only thing that would slow down yellowing is a material change or exterior coating.

Yeah, Im surprised they didnt use the same milky sole on these that they did with the Maroon VI. They wouldve looked awesome. Nonetheless, Its not a deal breaker for me, so Im still buying two pairs.
Why would they?  That's definitely not OG.  The blue tint isn't OG either, but it's just to slow down yellow; ultimately it's the same overall design.  Making it milky would be a different design for this shoe.

I LOVED THE 23 ON THE SIDE.. DONT MIND IT WITHOUT THOUGH

Show looks great. Why are we complaining about a blue sole that's going to age? And turn into the desired color...

ALL THE TIME.. YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN NT BACK IN 04-07… WE BASICALLY SCREAMED AT JB TO GIVE US "BLUE" SOLES.. GOT IT AND NOW ITS A PROBLEM..

I FOR ONE LOVE IT.. MY CONCORD LOWS (AND HIGHS) LOOK GOOOOD AFTER YEARS.. THESE VARSITY RED XI'S THAT JUST DROPPED ARE GOING TO YELLOW UP QUICK .. |I

Why would they?  That's definitely not OG.  The blue tint isn't OG either, but it's just to slow down yellow; ultimately it's the same overall design.  Making it milky would be a different design for this shoe.

Neither were the Maroon VIs. They were clear, and when I see this picture, it shows how awesome it would've looked, especially that JB has the access to the milky soles.

View media item 2063415

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom