Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

I've peeped the **** you've said in other threads you're a bamma so I won't even humor you dog.
810_533cc16ef32cb.imageo.jpg

Jordan is making good shoes for everyone, Adidas is making good, limited sneakers only few can actually get. I think this is honestly why sneakerheads are moving more towards Adidas-Jordan Brand has become too accessible. On the flip-side, Jordan Brand has also increased sales though.
No that is exactly why a lot of sneakerheads are moving to runners like adidas. The new sneakerheads just want what is more valued even if they don't like it. THe hype. Nothings is wrong with that but im a jordan guy and since they are easy accesible, its so awesome. I wonder if space jams will be as easy as the true blues. Jordan brand is smart as hell, they definitely know what theyre doing.

No that is exactly why a lot of sneakerheads are moving to runners like adidas. The new sneakerheads just want what is more valued even if they don't like it. THe hype. Nothings is wrong with that but im a jordan guy and since they are easy accesible, its so awesome. I wonder if space jams will be as easy as the true blues. Jordan brand is smart as hell, they definitely know what theyre doing.

But, to your point, if pairs are easy to get and go on discount (like the majority GR Jordans have this year) they lose much of their allure since anyone can get them. Remember when Air Force 1 cws in mom and pop stores would constantly sellout in the early 2000s? Or when the same thing would happen to SB Dunks in the mid-2000s? Eventually most resellers and sneakerheads lost interest in those models and nowadays you can get most releases of those shoes with ease and often on discount.

How bout instead of trying to fry people on the interwebs you show them up by showing the kicks you got lol a lot of folks on here with a weak rotation got a lot to say bout someone they ain't meet I just appreciate Jays I ain't know there were folks on here trying to show off with no substance

Oh yea Nike really feeling the pain. JB releases left and right, allocations off the chart, raised the retail prices on JB releases, flood the market with a release, and STILL manage to sell out or sell very well.

seh6p.gif

While Adidas I'm pretty sure stays bellow 200k on a release. No **** they are gonna sell out quicker regardless of the hype. Numbers are low 

Jb eats, will take MANY years to catch up. Dont confuse returns sent to outlets with discount. And regardless if discount, these stores already bought their pairs from Nike. Going on discount doesnt effect them at all.
But, to your point, if pairs are easy to get and go on discount (like the majority GR Jordans have this year) they lose much of their allure since anyone can get them. Remember when Air Force 1 cws in mom and pop stores would constantly sellout in the early 2000s? Or when the same thing would happen to SB Dunks in the mid-2000s? Eventually most resellers and sneakerheads lost interest in those models and nowadays you can get most releases of those shoes with ease and often on discount.

Jb eats, will take MANY years to catch up. Dont confuse returns sent to outlets with discount. And regardless if discount, these stores already bought their pairs from Nike. Going on discount doesnt effect them at all.

You do realize that those same stores will start buying less from Nike, right? Stores complained that Nike priced the Lebron 13s and KD 8s too high and they basically could not sell them at retail. As a result, Nike lowered the price of the following KD 9s and upcoming Lebron 14s because stores would not buy them at the old retail price since Nike was essentially handing them losses.

Oh yea Nike really feeling the pain. JB releases left and right, allocations off the chart, raised the retail prices on JB releases, flood the market with a release, and STILL manage to sell out or sell very well.

seh6p.gif

While Adidas I'm pretty sure stays bellow 200k on a release. No **** they are gonna sell out quicker regardless of the hype. Numbers are low 

Is JB's business model sustainable though? If Jordans lose their "cool" factor in 10-20 years and we start seeing Yeezy and NMD Retros along with Nike's own Kobe and Lebron retros-where exactly will Jordans fit in? Will people want to pay $300 for a pair of GR retro 2s?

Last edited:
You do realize that those same stores will start buying less from Nike, right? Stores complained that Nike priced the Lebron 13s and KD 8s too high and they basically could not sell them at retail. As a result, Nike lowered the price of the following KD 9s and upcoming Lebron 14s because stores would not buy them at the old retail price since Nike was essentially handing them losses.
These are Jordan's. Doubt that'd happen. Of they didn't do that during 2009-2010 which their numbers were low, they ain't doing it now.

Is JB's business model sustainable though? If Jordans lose their "cool" factor in 10-20 years and we start seeing Yeezy and NMD Retros along with Mike's own Kobe and Lebron retros-where exactly will Jordans fit in? Will people want to pay $300 for a pair of GR retro 2s?
jordans have been in for decades, if 2s are $300, how much will nmds be?

These are Jordan's. Doubt that'd happen. Of they didn't do that during 2009-2010 which their numbers were low, they ain't doing it now.
jordans have been in for decades, if 2s are $300, how much will nmds be?

Stores have started to have this problem with Retro Jordans recently though. JB raised the MSRP of Jordan 2s from $150 to $190 and stores have had to eat the difference, while being unable to move them at this price. Stores bank on getting big releases like holiday 11s to offset this but with so many releases not selling out, stores are taking bigger and bigger losses everytime they have to mark down retros. My point is we haven't seen the retro bubble burst but since resell on GR retros is more or less dead, we are getting closer and closer to seeing a "Roshe" effect (or AF 1 or SB Dunk effect) in regards to retro. Nike flooded the market with releases for those models and killed hype for almost all releases besides the select limited drops/collabs.

Stores have started to have this problem with Retro Jordans recently though. JB raised the MSRP of Jordan 2s from $150 to $190 and stores have had to eat the difference, while being unable to move them at this price. Stores bank on getting big releases like holiday 11s to offset this but with so many releases not selling out, stores are taking bigger and bigger losses everytime they have to mark down retros. My point is we haven't seen the retro bubble burst but since resell on GR retros is more or less dead, we are getting closer and closer to seeing a "Roshe" effect (or AF 1 or SB Dunk effect) in regards to retro. Nike flooded the market with releases for those models and killed hype for almost all releases besides the select limited drops/collabs.

The sell through of Jordan's that are sitting are still great

Retailers might pay $100 a sneaker and sell 50-75% of them in one weekend. How many others are doing that in numbers, and I mean numbers, not one or two size runs.

The sell through of Jordan's that are sitting are still great

Retailers might pay $100 a sneaker and sell 50-75% of them in one weekend. How many others are doing that in numbers, and I mean numbers, not one or two size runs.

Doesn't that dilute the brand in the long term though? GR retros are no longer the quasi-aspirational product they used to be. This is why I mentioned Ed the Roshe effect.

Doesn't that dilute the brand in the long term though? GR retros are no longer the quasi-aspirational product they used to be. This is why I mentioned Ed the Roshe effect.

JB has existed beyond five years. JB selling all of their retro releases is a recent occurrence.

JB has existed beyond five years. JB selling all of their retro releases is a recent occurrence.

True but was there ever as much competition in the sneaker market as there is today? Nike never had to worry about anyone other than itself, ironically. Now UA is bringing serious competition to the performance market and Adidas is doing the same to the lifestyle market. And before you tell me that Nike sales show that UA and Adidas aren't a serious threat-keep in mind that both of these companies weren't even being talked about 5 years ago, there was essentially only Nike/JB running the market.

Lol I'm sure JB alone makes more money just off their clothes than every thing adidas sells including shoes added up

True but was there ever as much competition in the sneaker market as there is today? Nike never had to worry about anyone other than itself, ironically. Now UA is bringing serious competition to the performance market and Adidas is doing the same to the lifestyle market. And before you tell me that Nike sales show that UA and Adidas aren't a serious threat-keep in mind that both of these companies weren't even being talked about 5 years ago, there was essentially only Nike/JB running the market.

Are you serious dude? Are you young?

In the 90's Adidas and Reebok were a lot bigger and more viable competition.

Much less in the 80's in which NIke and JB arose from.

JB is fine. And they aren't going to raise their price to $300 any time soon. They will lose many customers, miss me with that, "og everything for real this time" talk too when the NA releases were slow sellers. $300 for retros would hurt because THEN stores wouldn't buy because they wouldn't even sell them

Where is the data showing that Adidas and Reebok were bigger in the 90s?

Nike controlling such a large share of the market is a recent development. You think they were the number shoe and apparel brand forever.

Considering Reebok and Adidas are retroing what came out in the 80's and 90's that should lead you to believe, what?

Why don't you google. I have nothing to prove to you. You should want to educate yourself so you won't repeat some of your previous comments.

Nike controlling such a large share of the market is a recent development. You think they were the number shoe and apparel brand forever.

Considering Reebok and Adidas are retroing what came out in the 80's and 90's that should lead you to believe, what?

Why don't you google. I have nothing to prove to you. You should want to educate yourself so you won't repeat some of your previous comments.

Once again, please show me what data supports your statement-if you are actually unable to defend your statements, maybe you shouldn't make them instead of saying "google it."

EDIT: Here is some HBS data for you to deny showing major athletic-wear brands market share in the 1990s-can you see where Nike, Adidas and Reebok are?

View media item 2250733

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom