Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

BIN 5's are dope.

Of course the NA pair is dope as well, but once the retro drops, lets see how much many of you will remain when these will be everywhere.

Seen it with the Maroon 6's...seeing it, to a lesser extent, with the 4's.

OG pair had durabuck on the heel. Durabuck was used on the OG 4s(cements, fire reds and militaries) and the OG Grapes. Notice how yellow they are now and how the grapes heel is yellower than the rest of the shoe. I'll try to post an article and some pics for more info. Its crazy right?

The 4's aren't anywhere, what are you talking about?
they are sold out in your neck of the woods but not worldwide.

not sitting to the extent of the maroon 6, but they are available.

my brother just picked up another pair an hour ago at FA.

they had more than just a few pairs

OG pair had durabuck on the heel. Durabuck was used on the OG 4s(cements, fire reds and militaries) and the OG Grapes. Notice how yellow they are now and how the grapes heel is yellower than the rest of the shoe. I'll try to post an article and some pics for more info. Its crazy right?

Are you certain that's Durabuck?

air-jordan-v-grape-1990-og-07.jpg

I see the different discoloration. But I always assumed it was the same kinda rubbery leather as on the infrared VI heel. Never owned the OG grapes, but this is the first time I've heard of this

BIN 5's are dope.

Of course the NA pair is dope as well, but once the retro drops, lets see how much many of you will remain when these will be everywhere.

Seen it with the Maroon 6's...seeing it, to a lesser extent, with the 4's.

Metallic 5's are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the BIN 5's. Just because a shoe is limited doesn't make it better than the original. And I don't care what other people wear, I wear what I like. Period. I'm not trying to impress other males like I see most posts these days are about, getting your shoes looked at by another male. :smh: I'm too old for any of that nonsense. When the Cements dropped I went to HOH in my Banned 1's and every worker wanted to talk to me about them and if I knew they were coming back out........... I don't care what another has on, my eyes stay up to the sky.

The 4's aren't anywhere, what are you talking about?

The world is bigger than your neighborhood/city.

They can be had for pretty close to retail as we speak.

Metallic 5's are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the BIN 5's. Just because a shoe is limited doesn't make it better than the original. And I don't care what other people wear, I wear what I like. Period. I'm not trying to impress other males like I see most posts these days are about, getting your shoes looked at by another male. :smh: I'm too old for any of that nonsense. When the Cements dropped I went to HOH in my Banned 1's and every worker wanted to talk to me about them and if I knew they were coming back out........... I don't care what another has on, my eyes stay up to the sky.

:lol: ok bro.

You cats are mad and upset, but what you need to realize and accept is that this sneaker thing is run off of hype now.

The kids don't care as much for a Nike Air release, as much as they would a yeezy, or in this case, a BIN.

The ones who actually care about this release wholeheartedly are the ones who actually seen homie play or atleast have been into shoes since a kid/teen, 80's 90's kids.

Of course you'll have a group here and there, but generally speaking, that's what it is.

Once these release, maybe a week or two after release, the ones who "care so much" will probably have these listed in their sigs after a quick IG photo shoot.

The world is bigger than your neighborhood/city.

They can be had for pretty close to retail as we speak.
laugh.gif
ok bro.

You cats are mad and upset, but what you need to realize and accept is that this sneaker thing is run off of hype now.

The kids don't care as much for a Nike Air release, as much as they would a yeezy, or in this case, a BIN.

The ones who actually care about this release wholeheartedly are the ones who actually seen homie play or atleast have been into shoes since a kid/teen, 80's 90's kids.

Of course you'll have a group here and there, but generally speaking, that's what it is.

Once these release, maybe a week or two after release, the ones who "care so much" will probably have these listed in their sigs after a quick IG photo shoot.
This is just me speaking for myself but I grew up on Michael Jordan (caught some of the games on tv with my father when I was a toddler; born in 1995) and I love his shoes and the significance behind them and the retro program. I'm not a Kanye fan and I don't like his shoes because they don't fit my style, so these Yeezys don't catch my attention. Also, I don't care about hype. If I had a choice of Fragment 1s and Chicago 1s I would pick the Chicagos because of the history behind the shoe. I prefer the shoes Michael Jordan actually wore and the other original colorways that released with the model. All those limited releases are for people who want to feel special about owning a shoe that's not available in large quantities for the common consumer. Hey this is just me, not speaking for everyone.

AirSak man you do not remember nothing from when you were 3
eyes.gif
I remember a lot, my grandmother passed away before I turned 3. I remember being at here viewing and I remember attending a daycare I used to go to in my town. Some people have good memory my friend.

Last edited:
Are you certain that's Durabuck?

air-jordan-v-grape-1990-og-07.jpg

I see the different discoloration. But I always assumed it was the same kinda rubbery leather as on the infrared VI heel. Never owned the OG grapes, but this is the first time I've heard of this
View media item 1923818View media item 1923821
Durabuck was used on a lot of the early Jordans. The ankle on the grapes and metallics are the same material which is why in the grapes the ankle is yellow while the rest of the shoe is White; the metallics ankle looks like Black leather white the rest looks like Nubuck. There's an article with more detailed info but I can't find it. Durabuck is a synthetic leather that doesn't have much concrete info on it since Nike stopped producing the kind seen on OG Jordan's in the late 90s. The Durabuck used now is completely different which is why the '00 Metallics, '00 Infrareds, and the '02 Charcoal 7s don't look the same as their OGs did even after 15+ years.

Last edited:
Some of you might find it difficult to believe but I'm only 20 years old, never watched/cared about sports growing up, and just got into the whole sneaker thing past couple of years. The history of a shoe is a plus, but most of my preference for shoes comes from aesthetics, and I just happen to like how these look along with most other early Js up to the 6. There's no one I personally know in life that gives a crap about sneakers, so I don't wear things because others are. And most hyped shoes I could care less about since most of them don't strike me aesthetically. All I want to say is there still are people into shoes for the simple reason that they like how they look.

I was born in 1990 and I struggle to remember Jordan on the Bulls.... Definitely had the 16s & 17s growing up... You have some great memory.

This is just me speaking for myself but I grew up on Michael Jordan (caught some of the games on tv with my father when I was a toddler; born in 1995) and I love his shoes and the significance behind them and the retro program. I'm not a Kanye fan and I don't like his shoes because they don't fit my style, so these Yeezys don't catch my attention. Also, I don't care about hype. If I had a choice of Fragment 1s and Chicago 1s I would pick the Chicagos because of the history behind the shoe. I prefer the shoes Michael Jordan actually wore and the other original colorways that released with the model. All those limited releases are for people who want to feel special about owning a shoe that's not available in large quantities for the common consumer. Hey this is just me, not speaking for everyone.

Born in 67. Thats growing up with him. Born in 95 you missed half his career. Lol

Born in 93, only remember watching Jordan during the 97-98 season and had the OG 13s. Had the 17s and then got into sneakers in, 2005. Age dictates nothing in here; more specifically it doesn't automatically make you an OG (sneaker OG). A lot of 35+ members here never even owned the OGs for a variety of reasons and can get what they might have seen back in the day. I respect certain OG colorways because they had so many details on them as compared to their retros (smooth ankle on the Infrareds and metallics, black Nubuck and Durabuck on the Charcoal 7s, cracked Nubuck on the playoff 8s and Charcoal 9s). To each his own on what they like but tbh, anyone can be a fan of anyone even if they didn't live though their peek. Just look at how many people praise dragon ball z note a days when didn't even watch during its original 98-03 run

Back
Top Bottom