Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

That og durabuck tho, needs to be recreated
There's nothing closest it'll come is to the 2000 pair. Nike does not make the OG Durabuck anymore. They've been using their own version since 1999.

People can clown me for saying so, but I prefer what they used on the black and red alternate V lows to both the 2011 black/metallics and the 2015 Bordeauxs.
the material on the 5 lows and the Bordeaux's are the same I believe.

Last edited:
There's nothing closest it'll come is to the 2000 pair. Nike does not make the OG Durabuck anymore. They've been using their own version since 1999.
the material on the 5 lows and the Bordeaux's are the same I believe.
I'm in LA now but when I get home tonight I'm going to check that out. Now I'm curious. For some reasons the material on the Bordeauxs seemed "thinner" than the V lows to me.

As an owner of the 00's and 07's, the material used on both shoes is nearly identical. I'm actually not familiar with the OG durabuck, as I never owned a pair of OG's.

So far away [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji] we've had pics of French Blues and Blk/Red 12s wayyyyy before their release date. Come on JB!

Bruh I said I was gon stay outta here... Lurkin err few dayz

I'm one and the same. The black/metallic V is my favorite shoe bar none. And people still call me crazy. LOL.

Of the different black/metallic releases

Unfortunately I don't still have the old group pics of the OGs and the 2000s that you remember. With those, I also had pics of a lot of my OG and retro V apparel, but all these pics were on an old hard drive that failed several years ago. I never actually took any pics of the newer releases. But I'm about to move, and might try to take some new pics of all of them when I empty my closets out.
Dude you're crazy. Gotta admit that 2K 5's are built like tanks, my personal pair of Fire Reds has been rocked probably 300+ times with ease, and are my favorite J by miles. Swapped them and they look like clown shoes, glue stains and wrong flame color to boot. But at the end of the day they mean so much to me that I don't care anymore lol. Also, hit that netting with some Retrobrite, works good for me.

Still waiting on the 3M Fire Reds to replace these lol.

View media item 1931897

Last edited:
These better have a 3m tongue. If not i have to get another 2000 pair my first ones soles are completely off. 

These better have a 3m tongue. If not i have to get another 2000 pair my first ones soles are completely off. But no doubt they'll use real 3M.
Swap them, 50 dollars for some beaters and some glue. Rock them till they fall apart and wait for summer.

Last edited:
These better have a 3m tongue. If not i have to get another 2000 pair my first ones soles are completely off. 

I'm pretty sure they going to have 3M, it would be a huge troll by JB to put NA on them and not use 3M.

Last edited:
Nicely done, except for the blue soles. The OG, 2000 and 2007 blk/met had white soles where under the right light, you could see a blue tint. There's no tint on the 2016, it's just blue. I know it's a subject that has been discussed to death, but we gotta educate the youngins.

agreed, but blue soles are here to stay. Initially i was against it, but my soles on Carmine VI and Concord XI lows have aged well.

Nicely done, except for the blue soles. The OG, 2000 and 2007 blk/met had white soles where under the right light, you could see a blue tint. There's no tint on the 2016, it's just blue. I know it's a subject that has been discussed to death, but we gotta educate the youngins.
These could be the same unauthorized pair with "Jordan" on the outsole so take the photo with a grain of salt.

Whatever "buck" they used on og last shots was butter. JB hasn't released a material that nice since, including suede releases. Never owned og 5 through 8 but I assume the material was similarly awesome.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom