NIKE AIR MAG 2015

$500 A PAIR 
1m pairs made

1/2 billion dollars would help cure the damn disease for good!!

#NikeGotNoLoveForTheSick

Literally bust out laughing @ #NikeGotNoLoveForTheSick shoot Nike got no love for the poor weak or sick with them high behind prices. Brother gotta work a whole 2 years to buy a pair :rofl:. You see the commercials just do it now how you gonna just leave out the handicapped smh

I accidentally clicked on this thread and decided to just read a couple pages, damn it's depressing :smh:

Last edited:
London auction ended at around $54k and the Crepe Protect CEO was the winner. Big drop off from Hong Kong.

This release was one of the final straws with Nike. They could have done a non electronic, non power laced version to please the masses and they chose not to. This release was actually worse than the 2011 version because you had a very miniscule shot at winning them. Also, they could have raised much more money for the foundation by making more pairs. All this is just a tax writeoff for Nike and for them to feel good about themselves. I'll donate to the MJF foundation on my own, I wanted no parts of this contest. I'm actually proud of adidas for bringing mainstream attention to their brand and making people see that there are other choices out there besides Nike

I hope for a big Adidas comeback in the US. I love the Adidas heritage but i´m not into the performance stuff. They were so brutally big from the 60s to 80s worldwide. 

And what the Nike Mag concerns, they have really done hard about all that, from the beginning in 2005. I remember when i signed this petition, they did not have the idea to bring that shoe out before. And when they did in 2011, they were 2 years late for the 20th anniversary for BTTF II. But the product was superb, except that the zylinder box "Nike Footwear" was missing (this year, too). Campaign and everything was cool, but 1500 pairs were not enough for the fans.

Then they were doing the autolacing stuff for the 2015 anniversary, they were 1 year late and missed it. Only MIchael J. Fox got the prototype to show that Marty got the shoes right on the date. Only 89 pairs!!! That showed that they had big problems with the construction and functionality and maybe they were all handmade and can not be produced in masses.

The shoe was a movie prop designed in 1988 and accidently became pop culture. Then 2005 with the petition, there was a demand and they wanted to deliver but when you are a designer, you first have the functionality. You design the functionality and you design the shape, skin, colours, material. When you have an ex movie prop and you want to make it work afterwards, you have to implement the technology into the stiff parameters of an existing shoe. With the Hyperadapt 1.0, they were free and had it much easier. They build the shoe around the technology. All these problems are in my eyes the reason they want to leave it alone now and focus on the Hyperadapt as the mass production version for the future.

But a 20.000 pairs non-lacing version for collectors and fans would still be cool, yeah. Still don´t know how much time it took to build 1500 pairs in 2011.

Last edited:
Take it with a grain of salt, they basically said the same thing in 2011.
I hope for a big Adidas comeback in the US. I love the Adidas heritage but i´m not into the performance stuff. They were so brutally big from the 60s to 80s worldwide. 

And what the Nike Mag concerns, they have really done hard about all that, from the beginning in 2005. I remember when i signed this petition, they did not have the idea to bring that shoe out before. And when they did in 2011, they were 2 years late for the 20th anniversary for BTTF II. But the product was superb, except that the zylinder box "Nike Footwear" was missing (this year, too). Campaign and everything was cool, but 1500 pairs were not enough for the fans.

Then they were doing the autolacing stuff for the 2015 anniversary, they were 1 year late and missed it. Only MIchael J. Fox got the prototype to show that Marty got the shoes right on the date. Only 89 pairs!!! That showed that they had big problems with the construction and functionality and maybe they were all handmade and can not be produced in masses.

The shoe was a movie prop designed in 1988 and accidently became pop culture. Then 2005 with the petition, there was a demand and they wanted to deliver but when you are a designer, you first have the functionality. You design the functionality and you design the shape, skin, colours, material. When you have an ex movie prop and you want to make it work afterwards, you have to implement the technology into the stiff parameters of an existing shoe. With the Hyperadapt 1.0, they were free and had it much easier. They build the shoe around the technology. All these problems are in my eyes the reason they want to leave it alone now and focus on the Hyperadapt as the mass production version for the future.

But a 20.000 pairs non-lacing version for collectors and fans would still be cool, yeah. Still don´t know how much time it took to build 1500 pairs in 2011.

EVEN IF THE AUTO LACING WAS HARD TO PRODUCE THEY COULD OF HAD THOSE 89 PAIRS RELEASED AND ALSO RELEASED MORE PAIRS OF THE 2011 VERSION. NO EXCUSE FOR PRODUCTION THERE AS THEY PRODUCED MANY PAIRS OF THE LEBRON 10 WITH TECH IN IT. I DON'T THINK ANYONE WOULD OF BEEN MAD IF THEY RE-RELEASED THE 2011 VERSION.

EVEN IF THE AUTO LACING WAS HARD TO PRODUCE THEY COULD OF HAD THOSE 89 PAIRS RELEASED AND ALSO RELEASED MORE PAIRS OF THE 2011 VERSION. NO EXCUSE FOR PRODUCTION THERE AS THEY PRODUCED MANY PAIRS OF THE LEBRON 10 WITH TECH IN IT. I DON'T THINK ANYONE WOULD OF BEEN MAD IF THEY RE-RELEASED THE 2011 VERSION.
2011 version would be fine, and it would be realistic to sell them of at selected retailers. 5000 pairs for 1000$ each or 10.000 pairs for 500$ would satisfy the core fanbase already. This is a retro-futuristic shoe design fom 1988 with the oldfashioned logotype and outdated design elements, so the majority will not be interested anymore. 2015 is over and most of the average BTTF fans don´t care about a shoe for 500$ or more just as a collectors or event shoe. But i have doubts that this will ever gonna happen. Here Nike would have the perfect fabric to produce money for the MJF foundation, but they don´t care.

2aexp9l.png

[emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127995[/emoji]

Last edited:
So at $6.75 million raised, that means there were 675k total entires (not accounting for mail-ins).

Any math majors wanna give us the probability of winning? :lol:

Would this formula work?

xy/z

where:

x = number of your entries
y = number of prizes given out (89 in this case)
z = total number of entries (675000 in this case)

That would've given me a 0.066% chance of winning since I bought 5 entries. Sounds about right :lol:.

Last edited:
"Hard to make" means it wasnt cost effective and in the best interest of the company. 

Nike has a competent  accounting department so throwing out random numbers of what it could and shouldve been is pointless. 

The raffle is over and hyperadapts is it. 

Nike spends more money annually on soccer field then what was collected for the Mag raffle. 

They dont care about the cause no more than they have to appear too. 

So at $6.75 million raised, that means there were 675k total entires (not accounting for mail-ins).

Would this formula work?

xy/z

where:

That would've given me a 0.066% chance of winning since I bought 5 entries. Sounds about right :lol:.
We don't know how many mail-in entries there were.

Would this formula work?

xy/z

where:

Which is why I said "not accounting for mail-ins".

675000 hard entries should give us a good enough estimate. I doubt there was a substantial enough amount of mail-ins to impact the numbers too much.

Would this formula work?

xy/z

where:

675000 hard entries should give us a good enough estimate. I doubt there was a substantial enough amount of mail-ins to impact the numbers too much.
then you have to account that entries were per size.

Would this formula work?

xy/z

where:

then you have to account that entries were per size.
True, didn't think of that. We'll likely never have access to those splits though so the rough estimate with my formula is probably the best we'll get :lol:.

Reading the last few pages of this thread tells me one thing; the people that did not win from the initial non auto-lace 1500 or the recent 89 are mad salty.
laugh.gif

Complaining about the "limited quantities", the "$6.75M that Nike raised for the foundation isn't enough", "they should have raised more money", "they should just mass produce the MAG for the masses of fans", "Ain't no one like BTTF 2 anymore", "Nike dropped the ball on this one and Adidas is better", "Adidas is better", "they should sell at retail for $500.. $1000", "they should be able to make 20,000 in like a one week span because they're Nike and should do all that we ask them to do like bend over backwards", "Adidas is better", "Adidas is better"..

JUST STOP IT.
roll.gif

1. Nike can do whatever they do

2. If they were to make 20,000 for the masses to sell at retail, ya'll would complain that they bastardized the MAG just for profit and it wouldn't be special anymore like Jordans

3. If it was at retail for $1000 like you want, ya'll would still complain that it's too much

4. If it was at retail for $500 like you want, ya'll would still complain that it's too much

5. Nike gave us a chance to practically win a MAG for zero to nothing and ya'll complain about chances?
laugh.gif

YA'LL CRAZY
mean.gif
or BRAZY
mad.gif

If you really want the MAG, auto-lace or not, boss up like @memphissfinest and just buy it for whatever it's selling for on the resell market. Also, shout out to the ones that admit to being salty for not winning; ya'll are good in my book - at least you guys are real with your emotions [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji].

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom