Nike Air Max Courtballistec 3.3 – Spring 2011 Preview (CounterKicks.com)

via CounterKicks.com

EXCLUSIVE: Nike Air Max Courtballistec 3.3 – Spring 2011 Preview

nike-air-max-courtballistec-3.3-spring-2011-counterkicks-1.jpg

Here’s an exclusive first look at Rafael Nadal’s official shoe for next year – the Nike Air Max Courtballistec 3.3. The shoe is previewed here in two styles, Medium Grey/Black-Crimson and Black/Black-Varsity Maize-White. The upper features Nike’s Drag-on 2x technology which is a dual-density material designed to help make the shoe more durable from toe-drag which is common in a sport like tennis. The midsole features Lunarlon foam in the forefoot and a visible Max Air unit in the heel. Undefoot, a full-length XDR outsole with modified herringbone traction pattern is used. Product launches Spring 2011. Retail is $125. Check out our recently posted look at Nadal’s “Hot Limeâ€

I like them more than the 2.3 personally. Still a bit disappointed to see anything Lunar related in the forefoot.

Thanks for posting.
Hmmm... will need to see more colors, but I'm not really impressed.  Looks like they're going backwards in terms of design...
Air Zoom Breathe Free... 2003

What is Lunarlon anyway?  Gimme full-length Zoom and I'm a happy man.

Wow, those do look incredibly similar...

My guess is that Lunarlon is some sort of fusion between phylon and Lunarlite. Don't both of those things have the tendency to bottom out?

Is it just me or does the toe box of the above shoes (not sure what they are) look very similar to that of the upcoming Hyperfuse release?  In any case, based on first glances, and w/o seeing additional views, I would say the 3.3 is a step backwards in terms of design.  I prefer the 2.3 over the 3.3.  Perhaps I will have to play tennis in the hyperfuse trainers which look pretty sweet and light, although they may not live more than a few weeks or so on the tennis court.

yup way too close to the breathe frees

Lunarlon comfy as in the Lunar Rejuvenate though, we'll see soon how long it lasts......

yup way too close to the breathe frees

Lunarlon comfy as in the Lunar Rejuvenate though, we'll see soon how long it lasts......

I just saw that Nike's wimbledon preview says the white 2.3 nadal will be wearing have lunarlon? is this possible for nike to switch mid year? i wonder especially since the 2.3 gave me shin splints. only swapping insoles helped a little. i want to give lunar a chance, but it feels terrible imo. i'm wearing vapor tours not and the full length lunar still has a tendency to feel thin and hard.

Back
Top Bottom