Nike Air Max CW Appreciation(Vol.- Can we get a proper Retro?)

This may be one of my favorite Nike Basketball shoes of all time. I think Nike really needs to consider doing these one more time in the correct colorway. The previous retro's were such a disappointment to be honest.
Webber did damage in these.....

the CW's are straight crack, and the nike ads made them ten times better
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

i didnt get any of the retros
30t6p3b.gif

they look great. doubt theyd be comfortable tho (as a retro) with all the cuts

I recall these doin' very well in 1995....then the idiot left Nike soon after.

Air Max Sensation/CW do very well when retroed.  Now that CW is retired, Nike should ask for CW's permission to use his name/likeness and retro the OG colors.  Give us some Kings' colorways too.

Originally Posted by KingJay718

These did very well in 1995.Nike should ask for CW's permission to use his name/likeness and retro the OG colors.

Theres no way Nike would pay Webber now to use his CW logo and likeness after he left them and dissed them in 1996. He made a big deal about how he wanted his shoes to be affordable and how Nike refused, because they wanted him in the top of the line Air Max models. He breached the contract and was wearing Converse All Star 2000s with the logo covered up until they settled out of court if I remember correctly...

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

Theres no way Nike would pay Webber now to use his CW logo and likeness after he left them and dissed them in 1996. He made a big deal about how he wanted his shoes to be affordable and how Nike refused, because they wanted him in the top of the line Air Max models. He breached the contract and was wearing Converse All Star 2000s with the logo covered up until they settled out of court if I remember correctly...

I thought tensions cooled when Nike asked him if they could use his likeness etc for that Nike Sole Provide book back in 02-03 and he gave them permission. Dumb move indeed.  Nike put a lot of stock in to him during his early years in the NBA.

What webber did i can agree wit but he shoulda said that later but it dont matter dat dude a never work a real job im sure he still racked!

Black/Blue Pair is all that matters to me now. I have my White/Blue 02's and wear them from time to time. But the Blue Pair is where my heart is. Brings back so many memories as I tore them to the ground my freshman year in high school. I remember when I noticed that my front air units were deflated. I was so heated. As far as comfort goes, they are very comfortable. On my 02's, you feel the rear middle air unit on your heel all the time. Thats how inflated it as. And traction is amazing. Hell, the traction on them is better than most shoes today. It was an amazing performance bball shoe for its time, and even in 02 they were still great. And even now, the traction is still tops.

the white/midnight navy cw was one of my favorites back in high school... really hope they do it right the next time

Originally Posted by donmega

the white/midnight navy cw was one of my favorites back in high school... really hope they do it right the next time

what do you mean do it right? they did it right two times already. they retroed them twice. besides the number and logo they were on point and ALMOST as comfortable as the og but nothing was better comfort wise as the og. Still maybe the best cushioning in a shoe ever...

Originally Posted by El Bro

Black/Blue Pair is all that matters to me now. I have my White/Blue 02's and wear them from time to time. But the Blue Pair is where my heart is. Brings back so many memories as I tore them to the ground my freshman year in high school. I remember when I noticed that my front air units were deflated. I was so heated. As far as comfort goes, they are very comfortable. On my 02's, you feel the rear middle air unit on your heel all the time. Thats how inflated it as. And traction is amazing. Hell, the traction on them is better than most shoes today. It was an amazing performance bball shoe for its time, and even in 02 they were still great. And even now, the traction is still tops.

yup i wouldnt be mad if they released the other og colorways. they need to go back with the japanese symbol on the back that replaced the cw logo the first retro time around.

gotta disagree man they may have been comfortable but they looked and felt like plastic and the og's looked so much better and the colors were nice and retros were like highlighters, these do need a proper retro. i mean if they can retro uptempo barkleys pennys and so many others correctly why cant they do these right?

Originally Posted by KingJay718

Originally Posted by BigLescobar

I thought tensions cooled when Nike asked him if they could use his likeness etc for that Nike Sole Provide book back in 02-03 and he gave them permission. Dumb move indeed.  Nike put a lot of stock in to him during his early years in the NBA.

Webber isnt in the Sole Provider book, on the page for the Air Max CW it even mentions it never got the life it deserved due to legal reasons with the player it was designed for originally.....
When Nike retroes a shoe with the players logo, they have to pay the player still for their likeness... Pippen, Barkley, Griffey all still collect royalties on the shoes although much smaller then when they were playing..... Deion wanted more money, so Nike just reissued the Diamond Turf 1s without his logo anymore....

I had the CW in Wht Blue in 95, the forefoot air units were crazy, everyone was sweating them crazy.... I have a pair of the 2006 Wht Blk retroes, they are not amazing but they are decent, Ive seen alot worse retroes from Nike.  Definitely a classic shoe, and the CW logo was one of the best Nike logos ever too.... Id love a Wht Blk Red retro, I was never able to find that colorway back then....

It is cool that they retroed the Wht Royal Yellow colorway, because most people dont know, that was the original sample colorway for the shoe created when he was still a Warrior, after the trade Nike had enough time to switch it to Wht Navy at the last minute and change the # on the back to a 2 instead of a 4.....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

what do you mean do it right? they did it right two times already. they retroed them twice. besides the number and logo they were on point and ALMOST as comfortable as the og but nothing was better comfort wise as the og. Still maybe the best cushioning in a shoe ever...
true... but guess i'm just a still lil bit nostalgic 'bout the OG's 
smile.gif

It's so funny how this thread comes up and I have them with me now. Gonna wear them at work tonight. Had the OG's and retros. Good shoe.

^ Word. I was about to say, it was done right lol. I see complaining is a habit here now
laugh.gif

Those white & navy Webbers were
smokin.gif

Would welcome a good retro with the CW logo on the rear. I don't have it happening thou....

Originally Posted by beh235

^ Word. I was about to say, it was done right lol. I see complaining is a habit here now
laugh.gif

To me, "done right" means at least bringing out the original colorways. They only retro'd the White/Navy and it was missing the pull tab on the back. I need that black/Royal colorway the most. I'm sure folks would buy these if done in the exact colorways.

I had these in grade 5 or 6 and want them again. I had the black and blue's such a sick shoe. 

If these are done right (correct OG colorways, decent materials, and price right, say $130) they would see very well. Could even be good enough to avoid outlets 

Back
Top Bottom