Nike Air Max Hyperposite, New $225 Foamposite Shoe in 2012

yup... probably because the initial sales weren't very strong.
they didn't play the limited game with these very much and that probably made initial consumer interest wane a lot.

now that these are drying up, people are trying to grab pairs.

yup... probably because the initial sales weren't very strong.
they didn't play the limited game with these very much and that probably made initial consumer interest wane a lot.

now that these are drying up, people are trying to grab pairs.

True, I thought the colorways were pretty basic. I'm very happy w/ my Tiger Camos and SOLs, wouldn't mind a pair of fireberries, but outside of that nothing too exciting.

IMO more patterns would have really given the line a spark. Maybe even an ID option.

Last edited:
if nike wouldve promoted the ASG release and had pairs available i think this shoe would be going strong...

^^^agreed.
I forgot to say I would've also jumped at the opportunity to purchase a home elite c/w. I know it may sound a bit far fetched, but Bosh could've been the athlete used to market it.

An Ice outsole with blue tint and gold flakes, a pearl white finish on the areas with Posite material and a set beautiful gold swooshes

*sighs* one could only dream LOL.

Seems like they gear up on the shoe really fast. Look at how quick they hit clearance on Ndc. Fireberries carries the GR colors

Another Rudy Gay PE that will not be releasing :smh: :frown:

Pics from SN

^^^agreed.
I forgot to say I would've also jumped at the opportunity to purchase a home elite c/w. I know it may sound a bit far fetched, but Bosh could've been the athlete used to market it.

An Ice outsole with blue tint and gold flakes, a pearl white finish on the areas with Posite material and a set beautiful gold swooshes

*sighs* one could only dream LOL.
Im upset reading this just because we will never get a shoe like that. I'd cop the elites you described with the quickness

#TeamHyperposite remain strong.
This.  It doesn't make any sense for them to kill this shoe!  Rudy Gay just got his three new Raptor PEs right at the end of the season.  Right at the end of the season when they were mathematically eliminated weeks beforehand!  He didn't even get to wear one of them (the best cw too imo).  The other two he might have worn twice each at most!  If they were going to let it die, they should have just kept letting him rock a bunch of retro Js, foam 1s, and whatever the heck else he was wearing after the trade.  I find it hard to believe that it would take Nike over two months to manufacture PEs for one of their athletes.  Two weeks maybe, but two months?  What do they gain from him wearing them in a bunch of garbage games that meant nothing?  Plus, didn't Mayor tweet or IG that pic of the blue pair that he said was for FW13?

I hope that the late appearance of the Rudy Gay Raps PEs is a small way for Nike to keep the embers stoked through the summertime until their reemergence for the new season in the fall, which would be in line with the date range Mayor stated.

I will say this now: if those Rudy Gay Raptors PEs were to drop at the Toronto HoH, I would get all three pairs even at our ridiculously high Canadian MSRP.  I would probably even try to double up on each.  For the record, I have had no problem paying retail for any of my hyperposites so far.  I basically have every CW that made it to retail.  Now I wish I had jumped on the NYC cw when they hit ebay early on in the shoe's life cycle.  That's the only somewhat obtainable CW I'm currently missing.

It's too cruel for Nike to kill off a shoe with such great potential!  I feel like Nike is just trying to make us feel like the hyperposite apocalyse is coming.  They're trying to make me run out and buy up all the hyperposites left on the shelf in my size only to bring out all the dope PEs we really wanted once I run out of money.

I've loved this shoe since I first laid eyes on the leaked pics of the Fireberries.  It can't end like this.

A NTer that works for Nike said a while back that this line hasn't been discontinued, just placed on the back burner.

I personally think the success of the Barkley Posite is what is killing this shoe.

All the footlockers ive been to are still charging $225 for tiger camos. From what i remember, those hit factorys a month after they dropped. Real shame.

My dude Fresh damn near had me spit out water lol.

It's crazy that I can't track down a single pair of Area 72s. That damn pump fake I pulled on kicks crew is coming back to haunt me.

Back
Top Bottom