Nike Air Max Plus Thread

i havent received my 2 pairs yet, they will arrive tuesday i think

ok, you will tell me what you think about that (for me toe box are snug like hell out of the box at the third vein and i haven't wide feet, length is good, with insole swap for a thinner and a thin socks it's better, stock insole is thick! I hope that after a break-in and sometimes wear it will be better, out of the box my last pair was much more comfy in 2009, toe box was perfect out of the box)

in 1998 the same day than i buy "the shark" hyper blue i also buy "BOSS Bottled" (1998 too), and yesterday i went to buy the same BOSS bottled, like a scent of nostalgia... perfect combo for me in 1998... otherwise it is the only pair that I'm going to buy, I had since a moment already want a pair, but an OG Hyper blue only... always good to have a pair of shark at home!

PS: timetowearthese timetowearthese on feet no banana shap for me :wink: (these pair is nice, the other pair that I will send back is a little more "banana shape")
SAM_6537.JPG

SAM_6529.JPG

what i like: the clear toe cap & the tongue thickness! like the OG in my memories the tongue is thick & i like it :smile:

what i don't like: I would have preferred a color gradient in the center more pronounced, the toe box snug fit at the third vein, the price and the veins look... (old veins look better imo, but they are like they are...)

bonus track, you wanted the tony life in the street but the addition is salty...

Last edited:
ok, you will tell me what you think about that (for me toe box are snug like hell out of the box at the third vein and i haven't wide feet, length is good, with insole swap for a thinner and a thin socks it's better, stock insole is thick! I hope that after a break-in and sometimes wear it will be better, out of the box my last pair was much more comfy in 2009, toe box was perfect out of the box)

in 1998 the same day than i buy "the shark" hyper blue i also buy "BOSS Bottled" (1998 too), and yesterday i went to buy the same BOSS bottled, like a scent of nostalgia... perfect combo for me in 1998... otherwise it is the only pair that I'm going to buy, I had since a moment already want a pair, but an OG Hyper blue only... always good to have a pair of shark at home!

PS: timetowearthese timetowearthese on feet no banana shap for me :wink: (these pair is nice, the other pair that I will send back is a little more "banana shape")
SAM_6537.JPG

SAM_6529.JPG

what i like: the clear toe cap & the tongue thickness! like the OG in my memories the tongue is thick & i like it :smile:

what i don't like: I would have preferred a color gradient in the center more pronounced, the toe box snug fit at the third vein, the price and the veins look... (old veins look better imo, but they are like they are...)

bonus track, you wanted the tony life in the street but the addition is salty...

I just received my pair and they need to go back. Glue all over the shank and one midsole badly scratched and warped. I can’t get over the color change it’s major, just bought a pair of 98s NDS and may just get another pair of these as a doner midsole, I feel no pain with taking the Stanley knife to them, and may turn the 18 upper into a picture for the wall or something along those lines. On the other hand I’m glad everyone else seems happy. Sorry for the negativity but these are not why I loved this shoe. Will keep you posted on my sole swaps.

I just received my pair and they need to go back. Glue all over the shank and one midsole badly scratched and warped. I can’t get over the color change it’s major, just bought a pair of 98s NDS and may just get another pair of these as a doner midsole, I feel no pain with taking the Stanley knife to them. On the other hand I’m glad everyone else seems happy. Sorry for the negativity but these are not why I loved this shoe. Will keep you posted on my sole swaps.

bad, no luck :frown:

but if crap pair yes send them back, best choice!

yes I see, anyway no pair is perfect close up, never look too closely lol

believe me, I'm not 100% happy either, just i look at the good side of the thing and I wanted a pair of TN, I said above what I do not like about

they are clearly not at the same level as the AM1 Anniversary shoes who really have a perfect shape, really a good job on it

they are nice but clearly they don't give me want to buy the purple and the tiger... too expensive, and the veins...

snug fit for you? how comfy you find them?

Last edited:
They are a nice fit, but tighter that the previous release, they fit fine. Usually I can accept flaws I know what you mean haha don’t look too close! But look at my front two bubbles! They are going in opposiste directions like a pair of eyebrows! :wink: It’s true all of Mimos praising of the previous release was accurate and well warranted bro! But it’s just shoes anyway! Happy regardless

2013 VS 2018 veins

Hyper Blue 2013 VS 2018 (604133-475 VS BQ4629-003) - 003.jpg
Hyper Blue 2013 VS 2018 (604133-475 VS BQ4629-003) - 004.jpg

Interesting how the shades of the chamois color on the swoosh and bubbles match very closely on the 2013 pair and are way, way off on the 2018. (It's not that big a deal breaker but the 2018 and 2013 have quite a few small differences that all add up.)

I still have the 2013/2014 pair but I've worn them a lot so they've been looking beat up on the bottom. Maybe I'll have to keep wearing them a bit longer.

timetowearthese timetowearthese yes, always old timer style lol (and yes, perfect condition for a 98, really nice with the thin veins :wink: )

but i rarely wear jeans (fleece pant most of the time actually, I am a sports educator), generally when i wear jeans i wear "semi-slim" jeans with 17cm of leg opening, here it's a straight fit jeans with 19cm of leg opening (straight fit is between the classic regular and the slim: it's a regular adjusted, and what I call semi-slim is between a straight fit and a slim fit, it's a slim but really not too tight. I specify I don't like/hate jeans too tight like skinny or slim very tight it's just not for me, but also I don't like when it's too wide like a regular 501, my jeans pants must be between 17 cm and 19 cm of leg opening for my 8us Air Max, for info my size is 30us/40eu and for the lenght 32, i have 1m78 for 73kg as a young man of 20 years LOL)

Last edited:
I'd figure, with all the different parts in there. Have you tried a tn sole swap?
Not yet but I have two to do because I want wearable pairs. If you use his method ( cutting) you can take the bottom off all One piece in theory but you sacrifice the upper of the donor, unless you are a samurai surgeon with that knife. If you use another method like hot water and a heat gun you run the risk of breaking it apart, the sole is quite thin near the mudguard and another areas. It would be easier to stick a 97 sole on there. What he does not show is lining up the upper with the sole and clamping it. The whole process takes time. I’d use this method for clamping/gluing. It’s all love

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom