Nike Air Max Plus Thread

if your HB 2013 pair is still in perfect condition it is that you wear it not much and in this case no need to buy the 2018 imo (unless it is for collection of course :wink: )

Hi guys, been collecting a couple of years now but only just found this forum. Good to know there are more addicts like me lol. Sorry if this is in wrong place, but what are your thoughts on the longevity and quality of modern air max releases in terms of sole cracking, yellowing etc? Would you expect them to last better or worse than OG 90's releases? Had a sudden horrible realisation I'm spending all this money and will have nothing to show in 10 years lol. Cheers

Hi guys, been collecting a couple of years now but only just found this forum. Good to know there are more addicts like me lol. Sorry if this is in wrong place, but what are your thoughts on the longevity and quality of modern air max releases in terms of sole cracking, yellowing etc? Would you expect them to last better or worse than OG 90's releases? Had a sudden horrible realisation I'm spending all this money and will have nothing to show in 10 years lol. Cheers
I thought the same thing recently, being that half of my collection has a air unit.. but your spot on with the life span.. about 10-15 years depending on the shoe and how much you wear it.

Wow all 3 released..hope the thread doesnt die down. Tough to top the retros that just came out..pretty awesome they released 3 like that within a month

Alot depends on the condition you store them, managing moisture, acidity, light etc. Ultimately these will break down and your tastes in the future are likely to change. Best way is to wear and enjoy your shoes.

Just buy this release if your on the fence, if you start wearing the 2013 pair now itsgoing to start degrading quick and you already only have a couple of years left until sole deterioration. the pair i wear from 2013 from time to time (mayb 20 super casual wears) already had the white paint faded and i know ta just a couple more years until it starts to break up and/or separate.

Coppington
20181222_093619.jpg
20181222_093631.jpg

Just buy this release if your on the fence, if you start wearing the 2013 pair now itsgoing to start degrading quick and you already only have a couple of years left until sole deterioration. the pair i wear from 2013 from time to time (mayb 20 super casual wears) already had the white paint faded and i know ta just a couple more years until it starts to break up and/or separate.
DS 2013s have another 10 years of wear in them, the midsole paint was flaking out of the box back in 13, that's a different issue to sole separation. I still wear my 98s it's about how they are kept.

DS 2013s have another 10 years of wear in them, the midsole paint was flaking out of the box back in 13, that's a different issue to sole separation. I have 98s that I still wear.
i highly doubt ten years for most people if you are actually wearing them, DS i would agree. i have two pairs of the 2013 one worn one not, the worn pair already showing wear at the heel and air bubbles after 20 wears. The DS pair has no paint issues.my OG air max pluses all deteriorated in some way by around 2007-2012.

Last edited:
Sorry if This is a dumb question, but are the orange,purple, or blues gonna pop up on NDC anytime soon? I got some giftcards burning a hole in My pocket.

Sorry if This is a dumb question, but are the orange,purple, or blues gonna pop up on NDC anytime soon? I got some giftcards burning a hole in My pocket.
good question but im not sure. I got my 2013's from footlocker becuase im not even sure they dropped on NDC. they were a quick drop and im not sure they released many.

Last edited:
good question but im not sure. I got my 2013's from footlocker becuase im not even sure they dropped on NDC. they were a quick drop and im not sure they released many.
Amp was footlocker exclusive from 98 to 2013. The 2013 releases were the last of footlocker exclusivity. In 2018 Nike EU had each colorway but limited size runs. Not sure about US

Amp was footlocker exclusive from 98 to 2013. The 2013 releases were the last of footlocker exclusivity. In 2018 Nike EU had each colorway but limited size runs. Not sure about US
I got 2 pairs of hypers from footaction and they were at champs also in 2013

Back
Top Bottom