Nike Air Max R4 – Summer 2012

Nike Air Max R4 (Summer 2012): http://counterkicks.com/2...-air-max-r4-summer-2012/

nike-air-max-r4-summer-2012-colorways-counterkicks.com_.jpg

What once held Shox now holds Air. Here’s a first look at Summer 2012 styles in the Nike Air Max R4.

Previewed in three colorways:

- Black/Varsity Red/White/Anthracite
- Wolf Grey/Soar/Cool Grey/White
- White/Stealth/Black

In the pantheon of seminal Nike silhouettes, the Nike Shox R4 would certainly be among them. It was the first running-based Swoosh shoe to feature Shox technology, sold successfully upon debut, and spawned a following. Nike is hoping to carry over some of the design’s goodwill with a refitted visible Air Max heel replacing the 4-column Shox setup on the original R4. We’ve already looked at Spring 2012 colorways of the Air Max R4 and perhaps the Black/Varsity Red version seen here for summer most resembles an original R4 colorway if one had to choose.

Look for the Nike Air Max R4 in stores next year with a $115 price tag attached.

nike-air-max-r4-black-varsity-red-anthracite-counterkicks.com_.jpg

nike-air-max-r4-wolf-grey-soar-cool-grey-white-counterkicks.com_.jpg

nike-air-max-r4-white-stealth-black-counterkicks.com_.jpg

http://counterkicks.com/2...-air-max-r4-summer-2012/

I don't really get the point of these unless they have Shox...was the R4 silhouette even that popular to begin with that they deserve an AM remake? I was honestly never a Shox guy so I'm just asking.

Sadly, I think the Shox R4 was the best shox running shoe ever released...and it was the very first one.  This Air max version looks horrible.

why cant nike make new shoes? i mean, dont they employ designers to design new shoes?

you're a lame if you buy shoes from 2000 in 2012

Originally Posted by 59 Piffy

why cant nike make new shoes? i mean, dont they employ designers to design new shoes?

you're a lame if you buy shoes from 2000 in 2012
I don't know about that last statement cuz then that would mean close to all of NT would be full of lames for buying Nike retros and JB retros...but I get where you're coming from with the new designs thing. Straight up retros of the originals are cool, but frankensteining different designs is just being lazy.

Originally Posted by raffstyleXX

i want 360 air max or lunar...

Thats what I thought at first, too. But on second thought, perhaps using the air max shox with a lunar forefoot would be the only thing I'd go with the r4 upper. The r4 just needs shox! But don't get me started on how they bastardized the shox nz upper when they did what I propose here with the r4.

is counterkicks.com working properly for anyone here?

it doesnt work on my desktop, on IE. popup says script present causing slow loading.
tried on a few other coms with same results.

works just fine on my iphone tho, so mayb i should just install safari?

$115 for heel only air max air? It's Nikes way of saying "at least it's not $150" and so we believe it's a deal... Gone are the days of $110 dual zoom air

I'm not usually one to bash sneakers, but these are not a good look AT ALL.

If Nike is going to throw an air-sole on these, at least make it a newer one...

...I take that back. The Shox columns were just fine. This is a disgrace.

Why mess with what was a good (@ the time, ground-breaking with the tech & BOING!!! ad campaign) thing?

First thing I thought when I saw this post was.... is that another takeoff of the Air Max Limited? Google them, you'll see what I mean.

THAT shoe was fine on it's own; making this shoe.... no. Nike should go into recycling. Oh, wait....
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom