Nike Air Max Uptempo '95 Retro Vol. Duncan, Garnett, Pippen

Hold up. So Nike made the Lakers and that crap red/black colorway up to size 16. My boy loves these Uptempos, one of his all-time top-three shoes. He played in them in HS. His favorites are the Chicagos. And they only ran those up to size 15. He's a big dude, size 16. I've monitored the Chicagos since the day they dropped, hoping to find them in a 16 for him. Nothing. WTF Nike. The logic they employ baffles me. Bag of dicks :lol:

The first pair of Uptempos is ridiculous. Give us those please. Notice the last pair is different? Has black around the air bubbles.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-08-31-19-05-15.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-31-19-05-15.png
    970.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_2019-08-31-19-03-41.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-31-19-03-41.png
    516.8 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_2019-08-31-19-05-01.png
    Screenshot_2019-08-31-19-05-01.png
    336.2 KB · Views: 47
  • 20190827_115433_HDR.jpg
    20190827_115433_HDR.jpg
    313 KB · Views: 46
Just got my Laker pair in...disappointed man. They changed the gold to the new Laker "yellow" and the small air bubbles...smh.

I'll snap comparison photos later but yeah might send em back. This is a disappointing retro.

Just got my Laker pair in...disappointed man. They changed the gold to the new Laker "yellow" and the small air bubbles...smh.

I'll snap comparison photos later but yeah might send em back. This is a disappointing retro.
Yeah I saw them in person too, and was underwhelmed! I believe the color on the first one was Del sol, while this retro was Amarillo!

Dude don't even get me started. Not about the shoes, even, but about Nike and the Lakers changing the color from Canyon Gold (or whatever it was called) to straight yellow. It's disgusting. The rich gold color was spectacular. This ****? Absolute trash. I keep hoping Jeanie et al will come to their senses and switch back sooner than later. I was utterly flabbergasted and disgusted when they made the change two years ago.

Dude don't even get me started. Not about the shoes, even, but about Nike and the Lakers changing the color from Canyon Gold (or whatever it was called) to straight yellow. It's disgusting. The rich gold color was spectacular. This ****? Absolute trash. I keep hoping Jeanie et al will come to their senses and switch back sooner than later. I was utterly flabbergasted and disgusted when they made the change two years ago.

you know whats funny I saw a commercial a couple years ago when with lonzo kuz and they had the nike branded jerseys but they were the gold color not they yellow that it was changed to. I wonder if there is a sample out there in gold.

20190906_090538.jpg
20190906_090603.jpg

Excuse the condition of the 06 pair. Anyway I could restore that sole? I truly hate the yellow they use now. Canyon gold is what they need to stick with for all Lakers colorways.

20190906_090538.jpg
20190906_090603.jpg

Excuse the condition of the 06 pair. Anyway I could restore that sole? I truly hate the yellow they use now. Canyon gold is what they need to stick with for all Lakers colorways.
Terrible color. At least when seen side by side with what it should be. Thanks, Nike (and the Lakers) :stoneface:

Awww the color is off and the bubbles are small, not a big deal really and if the Lakers changed their colors why wouldn’t the new retro match? Who wants to not match while on the court with these? Plus it separates retros from originals which is good, imagine the OG DS fakes that would fly around if they did retro the same exact way. The bubbles were never crazy cozy on any OG and they popped easy so keep them small and get an extra insole if you want comfort. Nobody cares except for the small group that loves shoes and trust me we are a super small group buying Nikes.

Awww the color is off and the bubbles are small, not a big deal really and if the Lakers changed their colors why wouldn’t the new retro match? Who wants to not match while on the court with these? Plus it separates retros from originals which is good, imagine the OG DS fakes that would fly around if they did retro the same exact way. The bubbles were never crazy cozy on any OG and they popped easy so keep them small and get an extra insole if you want comfort. Nobody cares except for the small group that loves shoes and trust me we are a super small group buying Nikes.

tenor (13).gif

I'm not a fan of alot of yellow on sneakers but the retro looks better color wise to me.
More vibrant.

Slightly Dehydrated >>> severely dehydrated

61-c6TGLWQL._SL1000_.jpg

The originals were retros, too. I don’t think concern for fakes had anything to do with it.

:rofl:

I'm not a fan of alot of yellow on sneakers but the retro looks better color wise to me.
More vibrant.

Slightly Dehydrated >>> severely dehydrated

61-c6TGLWQL._SL1000_.jpg
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
You guys have me laughing for real.
I hear you. Some of us just happen to like the traditional gold more than straight yellow. I’m a lifelong Lakers fan and was really disappointed by that change. The gold just seems like a richer color to me. I don’t like buying yellow lakers gear now whereas the gold was always dope to me. Not the end of the world, just seems totally unnecessary to change it.

The originals were retros, too. I don’t think concern for fakes had anything to do with it.

:rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
You guys have me laughing for real.
I hear you. Some of us just happen to like the traditional gold more than straight yellow. I’m a lifelong Lakers fan and was really disappointed by that change. The gold just seems like a richer color to me. I don’t like buying yellow lakers gear now whereas the gold was always dope to me. Not the end of the world, just seems totally unnecessary to change it.
I’m just bustin ball$ and do understand the frustration but what can we do except not buy their products until they give us what we want?

Just checked the finish line website, and they have both the Orlando and black/neon color ways available for purchase if anyone is interested!

Good stuff, that means the Orlando's should be up on Nike.com soon. I got a coupon so I'll wait for them there.

Back
Top Bottom